• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

951socal

Reaction score
Versace v2 and versace classic (sometimes read versace v2 classic) is a poorly built diffusion line.

its not really worth much

CrystalCrunch

Reaction score
alright cool, and ill add them to fav sellers.. Ive seen some people complaining about their stuff but... People always complain about something.

And thanks for the tip on versace, didnt know that. ill stay away from the v2 wannabe's thanks.

One more thing, I came across this Zegna shirt and I think its tight as hell... Do You think it looks newer or a few years old. It just looks tight, might be because im stoned, what do you think, if its ugly let me know. lol.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ermenegildo-Zegn...item41582b44b8

951socal

Reaction score
Im not too fond of it, its the older label for shirts.

the new labels AFAIK are white, and on ties they are diagonal on the lining

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

shademore

Reaction score
Don't do it.
There are a sh*tload of fake LVs out there and I would advise that you only purchase high end eye wear from a reputable dealer who has a long track record of providing authentic items and can spell worn.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
God those are hideous. Even on the off chance if they are real you should not buy them.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
On the off chance you are not a troll ...

If you are gonna drop $$ on sunglasses get them from a manufacturer who actually is famous for sunglasses. Persols, RayBan, whatever, not some trendy designer. You can't afford to **** about with your eyes.

shwem77

Reaction score
Is there any other sunglasses you guys would recommend? Anywhere up to $650 max, I dont know much about sunglasses style

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shwem77
Is there any other sunglasses you guys would recommend? Anywhere up to $650 max, I dont know much about sunglasses style

Try the ones mentioned above )Ray-Ban, parsol etc.)

Maybe some Oliver People's

CrystalCrunch

Reaction score
fight[1].gif

Ok I have posted this before and people have said that it was authentic, But I am wondering WHY is there NO style number or NO RN Number.. Please don't tell me its authentic, please tell me why there is no rn number or style number, Does Etro smoke weed and forget to put tags on? I dont know, please let me know thank you. Im about to take it back just because of the no rn and no style number, thats so freaken odd to me. And please dont add comments that has to do with your opinion of the shirt, I just want to know if its authentic.

Link -
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CrystalCrunch
I have posted this before and people have said that it was authentic, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, I just want to know if its authentic.
You don't deserve a serious answer (again), frankly, but lots of brands have sample sales where irregular, defective, or past-season merchandise is sold at a lower price than typical retail. I've never heard of an Etro sample sale but whether or not they exist, that is likely comparable to the provenance of this shirt IF IN FACT IT IS IRREGULAR. It could very well just be from a season when they didn't add other tags. Lots of ("most," even?) manufacturers are using different (and more) tags than they were just a few years ago. People have started to buy into the idea of luxury tags, luxury wrapping, luxury packaging as part and parcel with the quality of the garment itself. You've been told it's authentic and that's supposedly all you really care about. Case closed, then.

CrystalCrunch

Reaction score
I am not up on the murder of the english language? what does that mean exactly?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads