• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so much great (Vietnam era Japan) s/s fashion in the movie Norwegian Wood... I nearly cried.

afc345

Reaction score
Regarding priority mail, all of my international packages sent from the US have been without tracking within the US, just the usual note of it leaving the country etc. The thing is, once it's received by Norwegian customs, it's fully trackable within the country. So there.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Actually, worthless classes like that should be replaced with classes like world history, geography, "Introduction to logic" (most of the "logical thinking" I read here and on other forums is far from,) or introductory classes in physical chemistry, modern physics, modern biology - though I think that the number of teachers who could teach any of these classes competently are probably quite low. Education is meant to expand the mind, not teach a bunch of bullshit skills. If you can't figure out, on your own, how to manage your personal finances and properly file your taxes, you are probably too dumb to breathe.
I don't what kind of curriculum your high school had but mine already had world history, geography, intro to chem, physics, and bio, it's just that on top of that was state history, a class that was already taught in Junior High. I'm not exactly sure how I was supposed to know that I had already been filed as a dependent, or that some of my W-2 forms had been sent to different addresses, but I guess, like breathing, it's something too complicated for me to comprehend.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Actually, worthless classes like that should be replaced with classes like world history, geography, "Introduction to logic" (most of the "logical thinking" I read here and on other forums is far from,) or introductory classes in physical chemistry, modern physics, modern biology - though I think that the number of teachers who could teach any of these classes competently are probably quite low.

Education is meant to expand the mind, not teach a bunch of bullshit skills. If you can't figure out, on your own, how to manage your personal finances and properly file your taxes, you are probably too dumb to breathe.

Nah....

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
I don't what kind of curriculum your high school had but mine already had world history, geography, intro to chem, physics, and bio, it's just that on top of that was state history, a re-hash basic history that was already taught in Junior High.

I'm not exactly sure how I was supposed to know that I had already been filed as a dependent, or that some of my W-2 forms had been sent to different addresses, but I guess, like breathing, it's something too complicated for me to comprehend.

I didn't agree with that bit either.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
Everyone should take Intro to Logic. It's common sense for some, but others apparently just don't get it.
what is math?

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
what is math?

$2.50?? How much for one rib?

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yo sometimes it's hard to tell if someone is filipino or a mestizo or even a mulatto

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
because he wants ribs ?

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yo sometimes it's hard to tell if someone is filipino or a mestizo or even a mulatto

I've been called all of them depending on the crowds I've hung out with.

Originally Posted by shahanshah
because he wants ribs ?

Haha. That was a quote from Chris Rock's small part in "I'm Gonna Git You Sucka", btw..

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what a great movie. what happened to those wayans?

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what a great movie. what happened to those wayans?

You're "what is math" question just made that scene come to mind for some reason. I've watched my DVD more times then I can remember, that and Coming to America which was on the other night and I had to watch for the 1,000th time.

No idea what happened to them, I think one of them was in the latest movie version of GI Joe or something wack. I remember the golden years when they killed it on In Living Color...

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I loved the wayans bros show, along with martin when gina was still on were the best and he was on the radio station WAZZUUUUP.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I loved the wayans bros show, along with martin when gina was still on were the best and he was on the radio station WAZZUUUUP.
yea that show was so good...the WB son! brothers and we're colored. give me a high five. now what do i have to watch? black upper middle class families? cosby show done did dat. need some new wayans bros. the parent hood sucked so badly though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads