• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the appeal of the wings/horns x dayton service boots

mischief

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onijo84
Just got my order half way done. Spoke to Michelle. Excellent communication. She got my measurements and will have a word with the production manager before dropping me a mail to confirm my sizing and the other fine details.

As far as the leather issue, i am going with the oiled tan brown. The distressed leather is that of 'low rider' on their site. I might just get another in nubuck.

For those having sizing issues, get your measurements for instep, ball of your feet, heel to toe(check out measurement guide- http://www.daytonboots.com/sizing). These are the 3 crucial measurements that will be used to determine the corresponding last that your shoes will be made on. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the confirmation, that was a big help!

bassmanpatsfan18

Reaction score
Is there a consensus on what the final sale price is for custom orders from Dayton? Does it depend on what kind of leather you get?

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
274 + 15 shipping + 15 topy usually.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
damn the distressed brown looks ugly then if the 'low rider' reflects its true color. i'm out again.

legendofthepanda

Reaction score
Does anyone have a Red Wing GT or some clarks DB to compare the size to? Thanks

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check through the last few pages of this thread or go over to the 'official sales thread' and check back the last 10 pages or so. You might get a few post on brand/size comparison. Safe bet would be to get your measurements and get on the phone!

Originally Posted by legendofthepanda
Does anyone have a Red Wing GT or some clarks DB to compare the size to? Thanks

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so I just ordered a pair, right when they answered she said, "I bet you want to order a pair of service boots like the rest of them."
lol
Yes, yes I do
teacha.gif

SteezNuts

Reaction score
Waiting for confirmation on my order. I told her my foot length was 10 7/8 (using their site) and I wear size 7 in shoes (7 in Chucks, 40 in CPs). She said a 7 would work for the boots. Anyone with similar sizing measure the same foot length? After reading this thread, I might have to change that to a 6.
uhoh.gif

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SteezNuts
Waiting for confirmation on my order. I told her my foot length was 10 7/8 (using their site) and I wear size 7 in shoes (7 in Chucks, 40 in CPs). She said a 7 would work for the boots. Anyone with similar sizing measure the same foot length? After reading this thread, I might have to change that to a 6.
uhoh.gif

Yeah same boat. I said it was approx 11 inch. She said I'm a size 7.5. I figure if they are a little big I will put insoles in them...

SteezNuts

Reaction score
Originally Posted by irbe
Yeah same boat. I said it was approx 11 inch. She said I'm a size 7.5. I figure if they are a little big I will put insoles in them...

Ya same I'll use an insole worst case scenario if they fit a bit large.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just called the local number. super friendly, super cool.
Your best option is to use the measurement guide, sizing. Call them with the information and they will match up a last and size for you.

They think I should be an 7D.
I will drop in the factory tomorrow to confirm.

Normally, 8D in Allen Edmonds, most dress shoes.
8-8.5 regular in running shoes.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
people need to go to any store and get your foot sized on a brannock device. then you tell them your size and boom you are sized

for me im a true 9 on brannock and she told me to go 8. very simple

thomasec

Reaction score
Can anyone link to a definitive version of each of the color options available through Dayton? Here's one I managed to find for "black" (I'm guessing "oiled black", minus the sole):
outlook_blog_post_dayton_boots_007_thumb.jpg
These are the black nubucks (props to Hab):
16kypls.jpg
What other color options are available? I've dug through the thread, but haven't been able to find the brown one's. Argh, why is it so hard to find a non-W+H picture of these ******* things.

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blazingazn
I just called the local number. super friendly, super cool.
Your best option is to use the measurement guide, sizing. Call them with the information and they will match up a last and size for you.

They think I should be an 7D.
I will drop in the factory tomorrow to confirm.

Normally, 8D in Allen Edmonds, most dress shoes.
8-8.5 regular in running shoes.

They are going to tell you more than likely that you are a 7E, their last runs small so E=D

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads