• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NameBack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pfurey
I rode a bus once.

Black dude fell asleep on my shoulder.

Well I live for the approval of black people, basically, so this counts as a plus in my column

artishard116

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice aeglus
had to get rid of mine when I moved. stupid cities.
IMG_0119.jpg

sold for 2x what I paid

someone start WAYDT thread.

DeadDJ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
No one looks right wearing fashions on a bus. Trains work, but buses? Nah.
One of my favorite things is to see pictures of Thom Browne on the subway. ALWAYS blurry and from a camera phone. And true to form, dude is always put together.

I<3Bacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by artishard116
nice aeglus
had to get rid of mine when I moved. stupid cities.

sold for 2x what I paid

someone start WAYDT thread.

ESI-R?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I think all box flares were esi-r or tsi.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Public transportation in a lot of areas is AWFUL. All the superficial **** aside, it's still AWFUL. Public transportation here, like a lot of **** in Michigan, is underfunded. There are fewer buses rolling around out there as a result. This means longer waits for most people who rely on the buses to get around. This just isn't doable unless you're unemployed and only leave the house when you need to go buy eggs and a carton of milk or something.

For someone who has a job they need to get to and from each day, along with other commitments (gym, dates, social outings), public transportation in most areas just doesn't work. Most cars are a drain on your wallet. Even nicer cars require maintenance costs over the years. That's just the trade-off most people have to make in order to efficiently get where they need to go each day.

Again, you don't know what you're talking about. So stop.

Public transit in Michigan
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif
(fyi I grew in in dearborn/dbnhts)
Though from what I've heard the plan for the light rail along Woodward is actually going to happen.

Originally Posted by APK
I don't live in the middle of nowhere, either, dumb ****. You act as though bad public transportation only exists in areas where there are more cows than people.
For real. In the USA public transit sucks almost everywhere. There's only a handful of cities where you can realistically live with out a car, and even in most of those cities it seems like the majority of people (that can afford to) own cars. I'm always surprised how many people here in Chicago keep a car in the city.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kill the DJ
One of my favorite things is to see pictures of Thom Browne on the subway. ALWAYS blurry and from a camera phone. And true to form, dude is always put together.

I'm wearing my ribbon shirt again today, made me think of you, buttercup.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif
Though from what I've heard the plan for the light rail along Woodward is actually going to happen.

For real. In the USA public transit sucks almost everywhere. There's only a handful of cities where you can realistically live with out a car, and even in most of those cities it seems like the majority of people (that can afford to) own cars. I'm always surprised how many people here in Chicago keep a car in the city.

Living in one of the few areas in this country with good public transit may blind you to how ****** it is almost everywhere else. It's narrow-minded to act like those people are marsupials for owning a car, especially if you're seemingly spending most of your income on clothes.

I love clothes and wish I had more cash to put toward them. But imagine being car-less in one of those many areas that has poor public transit and trying to go out on a date. No guy is cool enough not to look like a putz in the eyes of a date when he pulls out a ******* bus pass from his Julius leather.

pfurey

Reaction score
Philly public transit is good enough that from where I live, I can get anywhere via the subway. If I want to go somewhere the subway doesn't go and don't feel like walking, I take a cab. Easy.

Knisse

Reaction score
Actually never considered even getting a license, i live in the second largest city in my country, and will soon move close to the biggest. Rather spend money elsewhere
smile.gif

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Living in one of the few areas in this country with good public transit may blind you to how ****** it is almost everywhere else. It's narrow-minded to act like those people are marsupials for owning a car, especially if you're seemingly spending most of your income on clothes.

I love clothes and wish I had more cash to put toward them. But imagine being car-less in one of those many areas that has poor public transit and trying to go out on a date. No guy is cool enough not to look like a putz in the eyes of a date when he pulls out a ******* bus pass from his Julius leather.

i don't have a car here
fight[1].gif

URALLMORONS

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif

Oh you mean they are going to put transit back up Woodward after GM bought the Trolley system and dismantled it to force people to buy cars.......fuckin dicks.

I keep my car in the city because I aint luggin an assload of groceries in a cab or bus or EL....

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Living in one of the few areas in this country with good public transit may blind you to how ****** it is almost everywhere else.

Hey man, Detroit has the ******* People Mover. Now that's fine public transportation
laugh.gif

the Light Rail will be cool, but i bet it fails. miserably.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
the first day I brought my car to the city it was stolen and stripped, so that made my decision about transportation easy!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads