• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Nice look, O/O. Can you put a space in between each set of

DandySF

Reaction score
In the spirit of the Friday challenge - I didn't have these in mind when I visited the Ferragamo store last week. I tried on a few conventional pairs but liked these best.
shoe.jpg

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
That's twice I've seen the term 'derby' applied to a cap.

I always thought 'derby' was an American term for a bowler hat???

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just passing through on this rainy friday...

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IrateCustomer
Diggin' it. I like the look better with the SC unbuttoned, but overall I really like this. Derby is freaking perfect.

Cheers Irate! IIRC I think I was actually undoing the SC in the first photo. I don't always get a good or right chance to wear this cap, fortunately today was one of them (blame it on a bad hair day)
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ianiceman
That's twice I've seen the term 'derby' applied to a cap.

I always thought 'derby' was an American term for a bowler hat???

Not sure either way...I've always just called it a cap or a paper boy cap.

Prestosmp

Reaction score
Celebrating my 25th Birthday Today at work with Abraham Lincoln! The tie is pink and white seersucker.
lg_4d9f56ff-1afc-4690-996a-749f0a7a1917_1302288127_birthdaysuit.jpg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chico2007
SC might be a bit structured(just the right arm/maybe the stance/angle) in the shoulder for the SF crowd, however, this is a GREAT look from head to toe!

Thank you, Chico

Originally Posted by TTO
Why Did You Buy Those Shoes Challenge?
[
-TTO

Those ARE funky, TTO - but worn in the proper context. Of course, London is several degree warmer than NYC it would seem - or you're more rugged than you're letting on
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Orgetorix
I was expecting this challenge to be a trainwreck, but so far it's mostly a snoozer.

You sound more disappointed than relieved - trainwrecks ARE more interesting to view . . .

Aeglus - BTW - the shoes work splendidly with the fit - exactly the right attitude of casual panache.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
quit now
laugh.gif
You got to the punchline very quickly! I really like the shirt in the acridsheep look the other guy referenced, but personally, I think a mid-grey suit would have worked better with it. A patterned tie might have counterbalanced the strong gingham too, maybe. But the jacket colour is the bigger issue.
Originally Posted by upr_crust
Friday Challenge - funky footwear
I think I've mentioned before that I quite like those loafers. Not a fan of them with that particular look, but they're a pretty decent pair.
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
Gorgeous colour. Based on the full-length pics in your blog, the overall silhouette with this maker is basically there now. I actually forgot about the contest until after I got dressed. But I don't have any really crazy shoes anyway, and the pair I chose to wear are moderately bold I guess, so I took a photo of them for the contest anyway. Up to Spoo/acecow as to whether they qualify for inclusion or not. I wore my croc oxfords earlier this week; should probably have saved them for today. Or worn specs. Oh well.
smile.gif
The weather really has been unseasonably awesome over the past few days...
s8SFY.jpg

spoozy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido

You stole my tie, PG
smile.gif
. Nice look!

Originally Posted by acridsheep

Nice one again, Acrid, apart from the tie knot...please see the following as a reference of how it´s done:

Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix

No friday contest entry, but a casual look from the office, lablewhorin´kind of...

5600692366_18374d02cf_z.jpg
5600110377_d6fc705875_z.jpg

Navi

Reaction score
picsay-1302291976.jpg

picsay-1302291656.jpg

picsay-1302291500.jpg

I couldnt really find a PS that accentuated my tie and shirt, so i went kinda matchy matchy. Also didnt have any socks that are as white as my pants... Maybe I should have worn navy socks to match the tie.

Anybody have any suggestions as to PS / socks for this fit?
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics