• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctp120

Reaction score
DSC_0848-1.jpg

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
Italian AirForce Blue
110408031.jpg

110408034-1.jpg

*details you know where

Nice, G.

ddaniel

Reaction score
This is my first post on this forum, and I've chosen what I consider a somewhat risky look to introduce myself because I'm curious to hear what you may think of it. Here I go:
combo.jpg
Please forget the jacket, it sucks (and looks even worse in the lousy old iphone pic). Everything is in the special tie. No dimple on account of its nature—FYI I spent a Brummel-esque amount of time trying to get the right knot—one that would do justice to it. Thank you for your comments! D.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More **** weather in chi-town
plain.gif

grey-n-rain_040811_01.jpg
grey-n-rain_040811_02.jpg

grey-n-rain_040811_03.jpg

Chico2007

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PandArts
More **** weather in chi-town
plain.gif

Still a bit on the chilly side here too. But I have hope...forecast for 75degrees Monday. For now, squeeze out one more use of corduroy SC casual style.
alhfe8.jpg

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why Did You Buy Those Shoes Challenge? New Seersuckers from wEstSidE, Thanks Dude! -TTO

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
quit now

Originally Posted by acridsheep
What is wrong with it?

I don't get the choice of the color of tie, just does not seem to fit here and actually, sort of "clashes" in my mind. I like the shirt and tie on their own, but just not together.

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
where is that water?

San Diego (Mission Bay, specifically)

Originally Posted by Phat Guido
<SNIP>

Love it. So consistent, but never still.

ddaniel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acridsheep
^ Actually, I like everything but the tie. The mustard color (assuming it is represented accurately) is not particularly flattering.

Thank you for your comment. I'm colorblind so I'm not sure it appears correctly in the pic. The point is that the tie is a vintage military one, made of really raw canvas"”kitbag style or rawer"”true khaki. The texture feels horrible but looks wonderful. So the color should obviously be a light khaki.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics