• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
my Michigan leadfoot has gotten me in trouble there.

My MN plates got me in trouble there...67 in a 60.
ffffuuuu.gif

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up 4 more Abacus, cleaned them out. Asked the beer guy about Black Gold, said he can't get anymore and they aren't releasing it next year, next year's release is Top Sail, a porter
frown.gif

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
beer education for a total nub

ikztUs.jpg

ik3Cs0.jpg

ik3Aks.jpg

plus tenfidy, gubner, chub, and some free glassware the nice owner (?) gave me

cheers

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everyone please drink Phillips Brewery Amnesiac Pale Ale.. very good.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
beer education for a total nub

ikztUs.jpg

ik3Cs0.jpg

ik3Aks.jpg

plus tenfidy, gubner, chub, and some free glassware the nice owner (?) gave me

cheers

wheres the kbs
devil.gif

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i remember reading on ba about seemingly random kbs sightings so i even got the nerve to ask. no founders (or three floyds!!!! shoulda bought a case of dreadnought and an extra case of gumballhead while i was there). i think people who do get some (prolly in nyc) get them from third parties. i was also going to go to a goose island beer tasting after running some errands but
frown.gif
totally forgot to bring id. sucked balls, but they only had their all year stuff i feel like beer is a more approachable alcohol than spirits, whiskey, and wine, simply because of smaller bottle sizes and thus cheaper prices like most people cant drink a whole bottle of wine by themselves, but they can down a couple of beers

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i remember reading on ba about seemingly random kbs sightings so i even got the nerve to ask. no founders (or three floyds!!!! shoulda bought a case of dreadnought and an extra case of gumballhead while i was there). i think people who do get some (prolly in nyc) get them from third parties.

I got my KBS from a store in Manhattan. They only had 1 case.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i remember reading on ba about seemingly random kbs sightings so i even got the nerve to ask. no founders (or three floyds!!!! shoulda bought a case of dreadnought and an extra case of gumballhead while i was there). i think people who do get some (prolly in nyc) get them from third parties.

i was also going to go to a goose island beer tasting after running some errands but
frown.gif
totally forgot to bring id. sucked balls, but they only had their all year stuff

i feel like beer is a more approachable alcohol than spirits, whiskey, and wine, simply because of smaller bottle sizes and thus cheaper prices

like most people cant drink a whole bottle of wine by themselves, but they can down a couple of beers

I agree. And you can even brew it yourself! If anyone wants to try some homebrew shoot my a pm and we can trade some stuff. I am going to send Tooch some once I have my 4 different beers ready.

svd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JSC437
I got my KBS from a store in Manhattan. They only had 1 case.

I was in the Whole Foods uptown on Columbus Ave getting a growler refill and asked about KBS. The 2 guys behind the counter had never heard of it, called back to the manager on the phone and his response was cryptic.

"We don't have any on the floor today"

Me - "You don't have any in stock, or you don't have any you'll sell me"

"We don't have any on the floor today"

This was going through the counter guy to the manager in back. I didn't really have an opportunity to push further. As this was happening a distributor walked up and asked to see the manager. He was directed to the loading dock. He over heard and mentioned that KBS was "tough to find. Only 120 cases were available for all of New York." I asked where else to look and he suggested what sounded like a grocery store on 118th or 119th. Not my part of town. I don't have time to go chasing beer so I left it at that.

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of course the people at Whole Foods - Columbus Ave have heard of KBS. They sell a lot of Founders beer at that location. In general.... the people at that store know what they are talking about. They were just bull$hitting you.

FWIW... get some Ten Fidy from that cooler near the cash register line. Look on the top right corner.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i just had some ten fidy. the texture is like used motor oil, no hops to speak off, very malty, chocolatey, and i taste a lot of dark dried fruits.

also does temperature affect how much head forms? does tilting the glass help or hinder head formation?

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GF broke one of my spiegelau snifters.
ffffuuuu.gif

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^that sucks i broke one of my riedel wineglasses the other day. the first thought was
ffffuuuu.gif
. the second thought was let's switch to schott zwiesel

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any of you New Yorkers ever have a problem with the Whole Foods in Manhatten tell the Store Leader (manager) John that you know Tooch and he'll take care of any problems that you have.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads