• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadDJ

Reaction score
I see you only want to KIND of look like an asshole. If you'd like to go for the complete package ask for the jacket and sunglasses then saunter on over to Health and Body where they have a dedicated haircut thread.

Seriously, that douchebag makes me reconsider perfectos, sunglasses, long hair, and what the definition of a "hate crime" can really be.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
It ain't Farsi but Shah + Jet should get this and wear a patched up drkshdw denim jacket lololololol

7774_large_image.jpg

is that arabic for Joy Division?

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
is that arabic for Joy Division?

I think it's arabic for "played-the-****-out"

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
I think it's arabic for "played-the-****-out"

Yes and yes

Dark Side : High/Middle Schoolers :: Unknown Pleasures : College hipsters

Though it is a good album.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
so snowman went to american apparel to try on some tees
biggrin.gif

i liked the "sexuali-tee" tee and the viscose tank.

then tried on the reg viscose cut and was like
uhoh.gif

it felt like it was on backwards. the neck was constraining in the front and loose in the back, and the pit seams were too far back, pulling the sleeves against my shoulders. checked if i had put it on correctly. yes, i did. wtf, anyone else have this experience?

went to kop ro instead
lol, just kidding. sounds funny tho

how does the regular one feel weird and constricting on you when people here from skinny (nn) to proportionately bigger chests (bows, me, nil, probably a few others) all like the cut a lot?

fyi they stretch like crazy but you'd do well to not have much body fat

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kill the DJ
I see you only want to KIND of look like an asshole. If you'd like to go for the complete package ask for the jacket and sunglasses then saunter on over to Health and Body where they have a dedicated haircut thread.

Seriously, that douchebag makes me reconsider perfectos, sunglasses, long hair, and what the definition of a "hate crime" can really be.

lol8[1].gif

though i kinda like that jacket without the fur (maybe with it i dunno)

Garbage Mouth

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kill the DJ

I'll take that as a "no."

Relax man. Don't harass me for something you dislike.

DeadDJ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
how does the regular one feel weird and constricting on you when people here from skinny (nn) to proportionately bigger chests (bows, me, nil, probably a few others) all like the cut a lot? fyi they stretch like crazy but you'd do well to not have much body fat
I sized up and it's nice. I'd rather wear DD silent tees, though.
Originally Posted by Garbage Mouth
Relax man. Don't harass me for something you dislike.
Originally Posted by Garbage Mouth
"no"

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
Probably just fucked up a really solid friendship. I'm a moron.

Did you try and steal her lucky charms without asking?

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Me too, but I need an M it sounds like. I've been camping the site hoping for a restock...

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
That's unfortunate; I was hoping some kind soul would step in with measurements on Silent tees.
ln-cc's measurements are pretty spot on... edit: keep in mind the measurements are of the garments laid out flat, unstretched. eg i have 17 inch shoulders, but i wear XS in silent (silent stretches bigtime. bigga thyme.)

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
no pun intended right
laugh.gif

after searching for good tees, i think im just going to stick with rick and doma.

silent is kinda underwhelming. quality is shotty in my experience. all 3 have holes (ordered from guilt
facepalm.gif
) i had to stitch an eyelet into the bicep of the long sleeve because there was a hole that kept on getting bigger. looks like the "coming soon" logo now
laugh.gif

also, after reading that all the patterns are still developed by rick, i feel like i am paying for something more original. ...marketing ploy, dunno??

but i feel if im going to fork out 150 for a "designer" tee it may as well be original in design/material.

:/

how did you wash/dry? always hand wash or wash gentle and cold, and always no matter what hang dry. no problems with any of my silent stuff, mostly from gilt.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
how does the regular one feel weird and constricting on you when people here from skinny (nn) to proportionately bigger chests (bows, me, nil, probably a few others) all like the cut a lot? fyi they stretch like crazy but you'd do well to not have much body fat
i tried on a small, im usually a small. wasnt going for an oversized look, the collar felt like it was pulled back. not too tight in the neck area, just puling the wrong way.
eh.gif
anyways, i only bought a tank, so no worries.
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
how did you wash/dry? always hand wash or wash gentle and cold, and always no matter what hang dry. no problems with any of my silent stuff, mostly from gilt.
they came with the holes
laugh.gif
yeah, gentle wash and laid it flat to dry.
teacha.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads