• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JL Becketts that I am now selling :/
af96il.jpg
Cszihl.jpg

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every time I look in this thread I cry on the inside, cause I can't afford some of the shoes in here.

Those G&G's and JL's are stunning.

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WARNING!!! This Post Is NOT Politically Correct. Please save MOST of the "that's just wrong" commentary, as it's already been beaten to death in other threads. If they weren't so freaking old, I would NOT be wearing them.

Vintage SEA TURTLE V-Cleat Wingtip Gunboats.

360 degree welt, double thick sole, and natural color (slightly greenish black). Holy Crap!

IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0819.jpg

IMG_0821.jpg

IMG_0825.jpg

IMG_0831.jpg

I've seen some sea turtle shoes before, but they're usually in unwearable styles (funky 50's style buckle loafers, etc) & in bizarre sizes (9 AAA, etc). Great for "museum pieces", but not for wearing, really.

Gunboat style, size 9C. Fit my 8 1/2D's just fine.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ The skin color is mesmerizing.

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
+1 can we see the soles. who is the maker?
They're v-cleats, and the soles are nailed in with a single row of nails. No other markings still exist (although they may have been marked at some point). The insole has no markings(except the 9c size indicator), and the footbed has no markings. There may have been some writing on the footbed at some time, but it has worn away if it ever existed. The footbed is covered with sea turtle skin as well. The interior is fully lined in leather.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
imKsPI.jpg

This reminds me of when I got some pizza last week. The girl at the counter asked me if I worked on wall street. I said, no I am not a baller. She was like, a what???

UncleCozy

Reaction score
Got my C&J Westfields today, seller claims they have been worn 5 times. Is the wear normal?
Heel is worn at an angle (last attached picture).

Also a pair of Giorgio Armani chukkas (yes, but they were a bargain (until I got custom to add another 50$ on the 80$ shoes, ¤!"¤%#! Sweden sometimes..)). Claims to have been resoled, is this something I can argue? Seems to not be attached to the sole properly. Did not show up in pictures or description. + has white paint on it, mostly on the innersole but also on the ankle.

http://i.imgur.com/W9qjW.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mHiFF.jpg

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UncleCozy
Got my C&J Westfields today, seller claims they have been worn 5 times. Is the wear normal?

Also a pair of Giorgio Armani chukkas (yes, but they were a bargain (until I got custom to add another 50$ on the 80$ shoes, ¤!"¤%#! Sweden sometimes..)). Claims to have been resoled, is this something I can argue? Seems to not be attached to the sole properly. Did not show up in pictures or description. + has white paint on it, mostly on the innersole but also on the ankle.

That's a lot of wear for 5 wears. If he ran 5 marathons, maybe that's consistent w/ worn 5 times.

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UncleCozy

Not really a "Shoe Appreciation" post, but it looks like you got took. Lotsa wear on those soles. Buyer Beware... ESPECIALLY when buying international. By the time you send them back, it's probably not even worth it anymore.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads