• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

All Things Hippity and Hoppity

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Humdrum Town" and "Flying Overseas" are great.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I said this somewhere else but Cam's verse on "Home" is fantastic and a great example of how good he can be.

And you guys should watch "Dipset in London" on youtube it is hilarious.

B Hamilton

Reaction score
Originally Posted by driveslowk
I said this somewhere else but Cam's verse on "Home" is fantastic and a great example of how good he can be.

And you guys should watch "Dipset in London" on youtube it is hilarious.

If you're talking about when Westwood drove them around and they ended up at the strip club...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Probably my favourite Cam'Ron song:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

SeanathonHuff

Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Gingahbman

Reaction score
It's funny, I like Kendrick a lot, but a lot of my friends can't stand his flow at all. My favorite is probably "Let Me Be Me". The last minute or two are hypnotic as ****.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
"Shake" just sounded cheap to me. "Lord You Know" (and "Whats Really Good"
ffffuuuu.gif
) were killed by their interpolations

Cam should have held onto "Purple Haze" for the album too.

Also,

"Shut The **** Up"
"Dead Motherfuckers"
"Halftime Show"
"The Bigger Picture"
"You Oughta Know"

Cam was at the top of his game in ~02-05... my favorite rapper of that era

I have/had a Dipset mixtape from early 2004 that had a lot of content people thought would make the album cut. Some of it did, but a lot of them (many mentioned here) hit the production room floor. I can't remember the name of the mixtape, but I actually OWNED it. It's possibly the only physical mixtape I ever bought. It also contained noticeably different version of "Get Em Girls." THAT song, by the way, had to have been my most played song in the early months of 2004. ****.

Originally Posted by B Hamilton
You took off "Shake"? The hook sucked but otherwise, hard song

Wish they could've put on the original version of "Lord You Know" with the Same Cooke sample for the hook.
"To the Top"
"Diamonds & Pearls"

Wow, I need to find the Purple Haze I made before we ever thought the project was going to come out. Classic ****.

Said mixtape also had the original version of "Lord You Know," too. It had a different name though (Long Time Coming, I think).

I remember being disappointed by the album when it finally came out, but I think that was due more to the long, long, LONG wait. I was surprised when I revisited it several years back that once you snip the skits and truncate the built-in monologues featured at the end of several songs, it's a real strong LP. Probably the last really good Cam album we'll ever get.

Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Probably my favourite Cam'Ron song:

I'll take it you haven't heard many Cam tracks.

B Hamilton

Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
I have/had a Dipset mixtape from early 2004 that had a lot of content people thought would make the album cut. Some of it did, but a lot of them (many mentioned here) hit the production room floor. I can't remember the name of the mixtape, but I actually OWNED it. It's possibly the only physical mixtape I ever bought. It also contained noticeably different version of "Get Em Girls." THAT song, by the way, had to have been my most played song in the early months of 2004. ****.

Said mixtape also had the original version of "Lord You Know," too. It had a different name though (Long Time Coming, I think).

I remember being disappointed by the album when it finally came out, but I think that was due more to the long, long, LONG wait. I was surprised when I revisited it several years back that once you snip the skits and truncate the built-in monologues featured at the end of several songs, it's a real strong LP. Probably the last really good Cam album we'll ever get.

I'll take it you haven't heard many Cam tracks.

CDAL847.jpg
I remember this one http://mixunit.com/browseproducts/Th...Cam%27ron.html, but a lot of tapes were floating around with scattered tracks. I think Kay Slay had one too.

Gingahbman

Reaction score
Listen, I know this is a hip hop thread, but this R&B album by "The Weeknd" is the best one I've heard in ages. If you've heard it, fantastic. For the rest, here's the link. It's a one click link on their site: http://the-weeknd.com/. If you don't like it, feel free to punch me in the face next time I'm in your neighborhood. Also, I am not liable for anyone who ***** around and gets their girl pregnant while listening to this sweet, sweet baby making music.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Purple Man was so criminally underrated. I mean just the characters he introduced (one legged dancing gangsta, Freeky Zeeky, early Jim Jones, the old man in the "Santana's Town" video, Mizzle) are worth some kind of accolade.

B Hamilton

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gingahbman
Listen, I know this is a hip hop thread, but this R&B album by "The Weeknd" is the best one I've heard in ages. If you've heard it, fantastic. For the rest, here's the link. It's a one click link on their site: http://the-weeknd.com/.

If you don't like it, feel free to punch me in the face next time I'm in your neighborhood.

Also, I am not liable for anyone who ***** around and gets their girl pregnant while listening to this sweet, sweet baby making music.

I don't know if I'd call it R&B, but it's a cool project. I listen to it more than Frank Ocean, but that might just be because it came out a few weeks after

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by B Hamilton
CDAL847.jpg
I remember this one http://mixunit.com/browseproducts/Th...Cam%27ron.html, but a lot of tapes were floating around with scattered tracks. I think Kay Slay had one too.

Found it:

The_Diplomats_Diplomats_Volume_5-front-large.jpg

Track Listing:

01. Y'all Ain't Ready - JR Writer
02. Intro
03. Cam'ron Freestyle
04. Cam'ron - Halftime Show
05. Cam'ron - Killa Cam
06. Cam'ron - Diamonds & Pearls
07. Cam'ron - Long Time Comin
08. Cam'ron - Dead Motherfuckas
09. Cam'ron - Shut The Fu*k Up
10. Cam'ron & Lil' Flip Freestyle
11. Cam'ron feat. Freaky Zekey - Hey Lady
12. JR Writer - Picture Perfect
13. Cam'ron - Get 'Em Girls
14. Cake Off- JR Writer
15. Cam'ron - To The Top
16. Cam'ron feat. T.I. - Royalty
17. Jim Jones feat. Game, Lil Flip & Bezell - Certified Gangstas
18. Jim Jones - Around My Way
19. Juelz Santana feat. JR Writer - Sesame Street Shop
20. R. Kelly feat. Cam'ron - Thoia Thong (remix)
21. JR Writer - 6 Minute Freestyle (100+ bars)
22. Chubby Baby - Kill For Money
23. 40 Cal Freestyle

I remember one of the last tracks on here sampling WWF wrestler Goldust's entrance theme.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads