• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctp120

Reaction score
DSC_0847-1.jpg

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
so if someone comments on my knot, you better not open any packages for the next month or so.
plain.gif

You're becoming crankier (and more violent) than acrid, Mike, and he's just this side of being a homicidal maniac.

Originally Posted by matsui
For my first WAYWN post, I figured I'd wade into the shallow end of the MC pool.
You say that like there's a deep end.

Originally Posted by Fred49
fred7-031.jpg

What color's the shirt, Fred? Looks like pale yellow with blue stripes, but my monitor's not very reliable.

fred7-032.jpg

Dear god! Those shoes!
inlove.gif

Originally Posted by ctp120
DSC_0847-1.jpg

Lighten up, friend. You always look like you're about to punch someone.

And that's acrid's job.

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kappelan
mmm123.jpg

Nice! Love that SC. I'm so used to seeing you in sweaters that suit is a welcome change
biggrin.gif

I spent 20 minutes trying to tie this unlined, 9 foot long Panta....so if someone comments on my knot, you better not open any packages for the next month or so.
plain.gif

GoingBroke2.JPG

Knot looks alright to me! What shirt is that though? Love the gingham (? saw it on my phone so it's small, looks like gingham)

also ctp120.... you gotta stop using that gorilla stance man. Straighten your stance, put a hand in a pocket, something! haha

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I spent 20 minutes trying to tie this unlined, 9 foot long Panta....so if someone comments on my knot, you better not open any packages for the next month or so.
plain.gif

GoingBroke2.JPG

You call that a "knot?"
peepwall[1].gif

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PandArts
I'm a graphic designer.

Isn't that just a front for being a Suit Style Facilitator?

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DSC_0847-1.jpg

this shade of khaki is oh so nice. you combined it well too.

fred7-032.jpg

Graziano and Girling

look at the waist on that baby!!!

Originally Posted by Holdfast
seen comments like this in response to PG's posts before. I have to say, I think they do his eye for colour/pattern-matching a disservice. Take today's combo for example; just because he's used a solid white shirt and a colour-saturated tie, doesn't mean the look is simple. It's patently a precisely calculated look, and the conscious effort comes through quite strongly in the crisp end result, and to very good effect. I would disagree with southbound's later comment re: the tie's formality conflicting with the suit. Depending on colours/width, a windowpane can be fairly formal, and this one is clearly on the formal end of the windowpane spectrum.

Leaving today's look aside though, and thinking more generally, there's no way you would ever think he's a man who does not think about clothes, and just wears what a tailor provides. I know some here think that the best accolade would be to appear well-dressed without appearing to have consciously thought about it (Foo would probably take that position, for instance. Probably TRINI too, at a guess. Not sure about Manton). That's fine, as a intellectual position to take. But I think PG is a great example of the contrary position; someone who absolutely demonstrates a lot of careful thought about clothes in a myriad of little detials, and looks very good for it. I suppose vox would be another example of this position. The only aspect where I think PG's explicit conscious effort visible in his looks conflicts with his style are the deliberately unbuttoned collars he sometimes wears, because the two seem in opposition to me. But everything else moves in the same coherent, and explicitly consciously-driven, direction.

PREACH DOC!!!

Originally Posted by tesuquegolfer
I saw in your profile that you are a baggage handler, if this is true, you are the best dressed baggage handler I've ever seen, and... someone of your size must be missing a lot of fine threads from their luggage!
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Fred49

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
You're becoming crankier (and more violent) than acrid, Mike, and he's just this side of being a homicidal maniac.

You say that like there's a deep end.

What color's the shirt, Fred? Looks like pale yellow with blue stripes, but my monitor's not very reliable.

Dear god! Those shoes!
inlove.gif

Lighten up, friend. You always look like you're about to punch someone.

And that's acrid's job.

Yep the shirt is pale yellow with a blue stripe. Thanks on the shoes. G&G did a great job. I have very wide feet (better balance) so they are an F.

ctp120

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRA8324
deets on suit? i'm looking for something similar for S/S.
Fabric is 100% linen. Makes it more casual, but I like that for this color. Worsteds in this shade sometimes strike me as an oxymoron as it relates to formality, though in other shades of khaki I prefer them. Thanks for the compliments Mike and Niidawg; you both look characteristically well-put-together today.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to work with bolder colors without going overboard. How'd I do?
If you're monitor-challenged, the tie is cobalt and the jacket and socks are navy.

Closeup-84.jpg

Standing-5.jpg

Sleeve-17.jpg

Navi

Reaction score
Very warm today, so the blazer came off really fast. New shirt too, love the collar
smile.gif

1302210938-picsay.jpg

1302210867-picsay.jpg

1302210764-picsay.jpg

Damn it's hot, I need to buy a linen suit
ffffuuuu.gif

spoozy

Reaction score

I´m pretty sure it´s only the pose, but your sleeves do look way to short. Can you try to give us a full body shot?

Originally Posted by Threadbearer

The items themselves are all nice, not necessarily in this combination, though.

Originally Posted by Navi

Diggin the tie, is that a cashmere knit?

The golfer:
(wearing from head to toe:
Dolzer MTM shirt
Hepworth´s vintage silk tie
No Name linen ps
PLC cord jacket
S. Oliver cord pants
Hamlet suede tassel loafer
River Island bag
Festina watch)

DSC_7733.JPG

DSC_7740.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads