• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PhiloVance
What a confusing listing - seller manages to make it sound like the shoes are C&Js for Cole Haan or C&Js for PRL. Its a lovely listing - although I've never heard that C&J made shoes for Cole Haan . . .which certainly doesnt mean it never happened. . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...E:B:SS:US:1123

I've seen EG and Cheaney but never C&J. It certainly is possible, though.

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs
I've seen EG and Cheaney but never C&J. It certainly is possible, though.
I'm pretty sure they aren't C&J, and that seller is notorious for making up stuff about makers. He'll play ignorant if you call him out on it. I'm not particularly fond of that seller. Back when I was doing more ebay stuff, he used to email me about not bidding on certain items to keep prices low, and he would offer to do the same. There were other shady emails he sent me that left me thinking he was not 100% trustworthy.

xudisco07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222
I'm pretty sure they aren't C&J, and that seller is notorious for making up stuff about makers. He'll play ignorant if you call him out on it.

I'm not particularly fond of that seller. Back when I was doing more ebay stuff, he used to email me about not bidding on certain items to keep prices low, and he would offer to do the same. There were other shady emails he sent me that left me thinking he was not 100% trustworthy.

I guess in his defense the nail pattern looks very similar to the C&J pattern.

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xudisco07
I agree, but I don't think they are C&J. If there was a picture of the sizing writing, I could tell for sure. I suspect that they are Loake. On another note, that seller used to put references to brands, like Edward Green, in the title and listing to make you think they were Edward Green. He would then hide a note that the shoes were similar in quality to Edward Green but may not be EG. Stuff like that prevents me from believing a word that he says.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xudisco07

I agree, but I don't think they are C&J. If there was a picture of the sizing writing, I could tell for sure. I suspect that they are Loake.

On another note, that seller used to put references to brands, like Edward Green, in the title and listing to make you think they were Edward Green. He would then hide a note that the shoes were similar in quality to Edward Green but may not be EG. Stuff like that prevents me from believing a word that he says.

Saw that listing too, and I'm very sure that it's Cheaney. A while ago, I saw another Cole Haan pair with the exact nail pattern, and the word BENCHMADE in the same fonts. After asking the seller if there is any stamps on the insoles, he replied back with the signature Cheaney stamp:
Made in
Leather Insoles
England

A side note: C&J nail pattern is not exactly the same with that one, it has one nail at the middle front of the heel.

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree, but I don't think they are C&J. If there was a picture of the sizing writing, I could tell for sure. I suspect that they are Loake.

On another note, that seller used to put references to brands, like Edward Green, in the title and listing to make you think they were Edward Green. He would then hide a note that the shoes were similar in quality to Edward Green but may not be EG. Stuff like that prevents me from believing a word that he says.

What do you mean by hiding the note?

Sounds like an all-around unsavory e-character . . .

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PhiloVance
What do you mean by hiding the note? Sounds like an all-around unsavory e-character . . .
It's buried in his multi-page useless descriptions. I don't want anyone to take my comments the wrong way. I don't think the guy is a scammer, but I would carefully read his descriptions multiple times before purchasing. I would also do my own research and not rely on his assertions about a manufacturer or his statements that an 11A fits like a 10C.

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's buried in his multi-page useless descriptions.

I don't want anyone to take my comments the wrong way. I don't think the guy is a scammer, but I would carefully read his descriptions multiple times before purchasing. I would also do my own research and not rely on his assertions about a manufacturer or his statements that an 11A fits like a 10C.

Got it.

HGCROSBY

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kungapa
Might grab these - hopefully they will fit an 8.5 D. I'll pass them on on B&S if they are a fail.
FYI- I'm pretty sure they are women's boots. I've never seen a men's Peal shoe or boot with a B width. Also, look at the measurements. Buyer beware!

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HGCROSBY
FYI- I'm pretty sure they are women's boots. I've never seen a men's Peal shoe or boot with a B width. Also, look at the measurements. Buyer beware!

There are 7 models of Brooks Brothers shoes that can be purchased online in size 9B, including two pairs of Peals - a captoe and a monkstrap.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com//searc...t1&u2=t3&u3=t5

9B is part of the Peal Range, but it is not common.

HGCROSBY

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
There are 7 models of Brooks Brothers shoes that can be purchased online in size 9B, including two pairs of Peals - a captoe and a monkstrap.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com//searc...t1&u2=t3&u3=t5

9B is part of the Peal Range, but it is not common.

How do you explain the sole measurement? 11"? The seller doesn't suggest it is the insole. I'd definitely need more info before I bid.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads