• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

tesuquegolfer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
Double Monks!

wedding1.jpg

I am relatively new to SF but I would think the consensus is that it is a no no to have the skinny part of the tie be longer than the fat part, it is a definite re-tie event for me when that happens.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tombrokaw
You have a certain demeanor and a flair for smoking that suggests emasculating geriatric milquetoasts is closer to your calling.

laugh.gif

Sigged!

UncleCozy

Reaction score
Tighten the nots a wee bit more Mbrenin and Holdfast, try not to show any collar above the knot.

tesuquegolfer

Reaction score
A request to all, I would appreciate knowing some details about your wardrobe of the day, i.e., tie maker, suit maker and fabric, shoe maker... I hate to ask each one of you and I see others asking similar questions to mine. Thanks in advance for those willing to provide details.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tesuquegolfer
A request to all, I would appreciate knowing some details about your wardrobe of the day, i.e., tie maker, suit maker and fabric, shoe maker... I hate to ask each one of you and I see others asking similar questions to mine. Thanks in advance for those willing to provide details.

For today's posting, from outer layers to inner (well, not the non-exposed layers
satisfied.gif
):

Overcoat - Adolfo, cashmere
Scarf - Fortnum & Mason, silk brocade lined in navy cashmere
Hat - Selentino

Suit - Brooks Bros., fabric Vitale Barberis Canonico
Shirt - Charles Tyrwhitt Sea Island cotton
Tie - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Metropolitan Museum of Art bookstore
Braces (not seen) - New & Lingwood, London
Socks - Polo (?)
Shoes - Harris, of Firenze, via Barney's, NYC

Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back - ca suffit?

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tesuquegolfer
I am relatively new to SF but I would think the consensus is that it is a no no to have the skinny part of the tie be longer than the fat part, it is a definite re-tie event for me when that happens.

I tie it like that on purpose because I prefer to downplay the formality a bit. And as far as the consensus I've never really been one to give a damn about the consensus on this forum.

However, worth noting is that someone told me my double monk had come unbuckled at the wedding...
crackup[1].gif

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
- T M Lewin shirt
- Thomas Bates canvas belt w/ dog print
- Linen Nicole Farhi black label slacks

SAM_4288.JPG

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There has been a lot of good stuff posted in this thread since yesterday. Before that I hadn't been around for a couple of weeks and I now get the impression the standard is on the up.
smile.gif

Shirt/PS not really as matchy-matchy as they appear here:

DSC01922.jpg
DSC01919.jpg

tesuquegolfer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by upr_crust
For today's posting, from outer layers to inner (well, not the non-exposed layers
satisfied.gif
):

Overcoat - Adolfo, cashmere
Scarf - Fortnum & Mason, silk brocade lined in navy cashmere
Hat - Selentino

Suit - Brooks Bros., fabric Vitale Barberis Canonico
Shirt - Charles Tyrwhitt Sea Island cotton
Tie - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Metropolitan Museum of Art bookstore
Braces (not seen) - New & Lingwood, London
Socks - Polo (?)
Shoes - Harris, of Firenze, via Barney's, NYC

Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back - ca suffit?

Much appreciated, especially since I like your style, especially those purple ties as I have mentioned before.

tesuquegolfer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
I tie it like that on purpose because I prefer to downplay the formality a bit. And as far as the consensus I've never really been one to give a damn about the consensus on this forum.

However, worth noting is that someone told me my double monk had come unbuckled at the wedding...
crackup[1].gif

Touche! I appreciate that you adhere to your own style and choice. I sometimes question what others are saying here on this forum, and as I stated, it was just my opinion.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pvrhye
Read his brog and you'll see just what % of that collar is tailor.

(That's really a percent, not Olddog)

eh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads