• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
It was raining tonight hendrix, this is what I wore to play magic the gathering with a friend of mine.
10char

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bows1
Yeah thats me. I actually didn't grow up in suburban oh but in rural ky. Grew up on an organic farm and rebelled by wearing a&f and eating junk food in college.

Eventually wised up, shaved the ****** chinstrap (thank you Nicelynice) got rid of my piercings, lost weight, and got out of the midwest.

dont forget "got an asian girlfriend" (assuming that she is your girlfriend. and asian)

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bm370z
I know this has been mentioned countless times to you before, and I hate to rehash it but I feel pretty strongly that you should just stop cuffing your pants all together. I know you want to show off the cool lining inside the jeans but it makes it look like your shoes begin where your knees should be or something, kind of like this
mrtnrscoe7.jpg

Also the long 3/4 length coat does you no favors. Im sure youre very secure and comfortable with your height but its always best not to accentuate these kinds of things.

a coat that hits slightly below belt line = not a 3/4 length coat

Also, if the dude likes cuffs then he likes cuffs. Being short does more to make a person look short than cuffing pants

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
lol thursday nights on UPN

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
synth that is dope, but I wish you had something similar to the cloak jacket to wear that wasn't that cloak jacket...it's so structured and cropped and rectangular it feels slightly out of place to me.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
synth that is dope, but I wish you had something similar to the cloak jacket to wear that wasn't that cloak jacket...it's so structured and cropped and rectangular it feels slightly out of place to me.

+1. the top is too structured/formal for the bottom. rick definitely does very tailored pieces like his knife blazers but he never pairs that sort of stuff with his trainers.
jacket + hightop is pretty incongruent and difficult. maybe margiela could pull it off..

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
agreed, but I didnt wanna say anything because that would have gave synthese what he wanted.

lol8[1].gif

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Would look better with something more substantial than converse knock-offs. Maybe wrap your feet with flannel or chambray shirts? Or barefoot.

Yeah but aren't those like 400 dollar converse knockoffs??????

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i like the boots that scott has they match nice with the jacket. the chucks don't look right at the bottom of those jeans, can't really explain why.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hot Dog Day #49

Would you feel better if everyone wore jcrew?

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hot Dog Day #49

Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
i like the boots that scott has they match nice with the jacket. the chucks don't look right at the bottom of those jeans, can't really explain why.

Originally Posted by scott.m
It was raining tonight Eason, this is what I wore to play magic the gathering with a friend of mine.

I'm quite aware that my footwear choice was not ideal, fact of the matter is that it was ****** weather and all my footwear is suede at the moment.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
what happened to the 'i only wear white tennis shoes' zeal from several months ago?

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bm370z
I know this has been mentioned countless times to you before, and I hate to rehash it but I feel pretty strongly that you should just stop cuffing your pants all together. I know you want to show off the cool lining inside the jeans but it makes it look like your shoes begin where your knees should be or something, kind of like this Also the long 3/4 length coat does you no favors. Im sure youre very secure and comfortable with your height but its always best not to accentuate these kinds of things.
His pants only look like that because he's not wearing chunkier shoes or boots. Also the coat thing is ******* stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics