• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

senchao

Reaction score
Appreciate the advice man - yeah I'm gonna hold onto it for a bit and see if it maybe stretches a little around the chest but I doubt there's hope for the shoulders lol. This is definitely gonna be a problem when I start lifting again though.

Schott perfectos are definitely dope but I'm not sure about the skull patch. I mean, it adds character to the jacket but I dunno, it's not very appealing to me lol

stick

Reaction score
The skull adds character in the same way the Polo logo adds class.
393330.jpg
facepalm.gif

kvnknrd

Reaction score
The schott jacket is actually from the first production lot— new old stock, which has the patch as seen & a different (skull) liner as well.. to keep each production limited [ Hopefully S2A did the same to keep yours "unique" ]. There is a 2nd lot in effect now that would ship if you ordered from the website with brown lining, sans patch... albeit i am getting a bit of a discount. I like the patch because like said above, it adds character.. but not like the Polo logo!!! lol XD all down to personal taste. plus it matches the lining
OKP9I.jpg

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Schott is so dope in real life as long as you have the swagger for it. I used to see John from US Royalty rocking it hard in DC.

G0079

Reaction score
yeah the schott looks good, the skull is nowhere near as bad as the polo player.

the lining is 2002 nu metal though...hahah

senchao

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kvnknrd
The schott jacket is actually from the first production lot"” new old stock, which has the patch as seen & a different (skull) liner as well.. to keep each production limited [ Hopefully S2A did the same to keep yours "unique" ]. There is a 2nd lot in effect now that would ship if you ordered from the website with brown lining, sans patch... albeit i am getting a bit of a discount. I like the patch because like said above, it adds character.. but not like the Polo logo!!! lol XD all down to personal taste. plus it matches the lining
OKP9I.jpg

To each his own but I personally wouldn't rock the skull; the jacket speaks volume just by itself. But I guess the patch is a distinction factor, like you said, which is cool.

As for my S2A jacket, the only distinguishing factor is the greyish perforated leather. The reproduced line isn't perforated and uses solid black leather all around.

951socal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by senchao
Justice x S2A Xavier

Granted, S2A isn't very well-reputed for its leathers, but I like this jacket. The design features may be a little busy, but I like the grey perforated leather and the red accents. Definitely not worth the retail price, but I bought this substantially below retail so I'm a happy camper. Unfortunately, it's a little small/short (Size M).

i know this is going to piss you off and probably get you to flame me, but are you sure thats leather?

The grain looks a little too perfect, like those found on pleather jackets or corrected grain shoes. not to mention the sheen doesn't match naturally dyed leathers

senchao

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 951socal
i know this is going to piss you off and probably get you to flame me, but are you sure thats leather?

The grain looks a little too perfect, like those found on pleather jackets or corrected grain shoes. not to mention the sheen doesn't match naturally dyed leathers

Yeah man, I'm sure it's leather but I can see where you're coming from. The photos I uploaded are pretty low-resolution and I agree that the greyish colour/texture in the pictures make the jacket look pleathery. But if you see and feel the leather in person, it's a different story.

Anyway, this is a link to a close-up stock photo that Justice/S2A used for their campaign when the jackets were first released: http://www.antimonide.com/tag/justice/

They released one in grey perforated leather and black ribbing, and another in black unperforated leather with navy blue ribbing / blue accents.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 951socal

are you allowed to post in this thread again?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by senchao
Justice x S2A Xavier

Granted, S2A isn't very well-reputed for its leathers, but I like this jacket. The design features may be a little busy, but I like the grey perforated leather and the red accents. Definitely not worth the retail price, but I bought this substantially below retail so I'm a happy camper. Unfortunately, it's a little small/short (Size M).

photo3.jpg

photo1.jpg

22.jpg

1.jpg

This jacket fits you fine (no comment on the actual design of it), but are you tucking your tee shirt in? That is where it all goes wrong.

senchao

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
This jacket fits you fine (no comment on the actual design of it), but are you tucking your tee shirt in? That is where it all goes wrong.
I was just at home wearing a Uniqlo tee that shrunk too much; it wasn't actually tucked in. I'd probably prefer to wear a white tee or white v-neck underneath that jacket, unzipped or half-zipped I guess. Thanks for the advice though. As for the design/quality of the jacket, I understand that it's not really up to par with the higher end leathers like RO, MMM, Julius etc. - still, I just like it, simple as that haha. With that said, I almost bought a ToJ 2.2 bomber (the first generation) in stock 46 but when I tried it on, it was way too small on all fronts. Going to have to save up for a MTM jacket with you guys when I get some cash flowing lol EDIT: Too bad it's not possible to get a bomber made like the goatskin that aeglus has anymore. That jacket is pure class, you guys did a phenomenal job with it. Gotta bring this picture back up:
1-1.jpg

951socal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
are you allowed to post in this thread again?
seeing as how im one of the few with a mid end leather jacket, id say so. this thread has turned into wishing about leathers, and even resorting to blackscissors jackets. @potential plastic jacket owner, IDK man, have you tried taking a heat gun (hair dryer won't work, not hot enough) to a small section of it? if it starts to hold the heat and get softer get your money back!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads