• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred49

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3

84ad4a4a.jpg

b99f5709.jpg

more on the dark side ..

Good look for someone dressing on the dark side
laugh.gif
I really like the shirt Nii

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Which look do you prefer?]

I vote for lighter jacket/darker trousers - both fits were fine, but the afternoon one was better, IMHO.

Originally Posted by MBreinin
Had to go to court today. Have a long lunch planned with a very happy opposing counsel as well.

Have a good one!

Mike

SDTX-1.JPG

Vintage Ralphie - tick weave, ticket pocket - what's not to like? Way excellent, Counselor.

Originally Posted by spoozy
I just can´t bring myself to love these raw silk ties. Great wheels, though!
]

Me, neither, Spoozy - raw silk ties always look a little louche to me - and thanks for the compliment on my fit today.

Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
IMG_4634.jpg

Love the suit (I have something vaguely similar - yours is nicer), and as for the tie, any lightly lined tie with a relatively wide blade for the narrow end of the tie will knot like that - a double FIH with a Charvet will look very similar (if gaudier than your tie of today, RG).

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
this is great NYR ... really great - who makes the shirt ... like the collar a lot.
Thanks man, means a lot coming from you, as you have one of the keenest eyes, or two of them, but you know... The shirt is my new collar from Ercoles...just had about 10 shirts with smaller collars redone with that one.
Originally Posted by MrDaniels
Is there a trick to get a long, slender knot like that? And is this a SF debut?
Its an unlined Panta...long tie + no lining= long skinny knot. This is the three piece's debut, the two piece was ready and worn last week.
I would imagine if the tie is unlined, and you make the knot with a pretty wide portion of the tie, it will look like that. If that is a Panta, they are generally 9 feet long, so for someone of Rob's height, he would probably be using a pretty wide part of the tie to make the knot...I know I do with a Panta, or double wrap it.
You...you....you're good (Bobby D font)

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upr_crust
That is one handsome suit - bold (to say the least) but you wear it with great authority and panache.
Thanks Upr_Crust, a wonderful compliment!

Originally Posted by Edgar Allan Pwn
I have to agree. I don't know what it is about you, TTO, but you somehow manage some very difficult-to-pull-off looks with aplomb.
Thank you.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Originally Posted by sugarbutch
... TTO's monochrome look is killing it...
fistbump.gif

Originally Posted by Fred H.
TTO, this is outta the park...
fing02[1].gif

Originally Posted by in stitches
TTO, you know what your problem is? You dress too well.
Thanks In Stitches, I really don't know what I can say to this!!

Originally Posted by Chico2007
I concur. TTO becoming one of my favorites.
Thanks !

Originally Posted by spoozy
Great suit...no overly sold on the shirt, maybe a solid one or a slightly striped one might have worked better. Still very, very good (as expected and usuall.)
I think the tie pushes it over the top, I wanted to wear one of the great heavily textured knit ties I purchased from MBreinin, but they haven't arrived yet, next I was gonna try a Prince of wales checked bow-tie, but the cotton Panta was calling out to me, it almost works but I kinda knew it was pushing it!

shirt/tie combo a little crazy for me ... but your swagger is undeniable ... CheckBeard!!
Thanks Nii, and also a belated thank you for your compliments on my 'picnic beard' fit, I really appreciate that you can approve of something out side of your personal comfort zone for style!
I readily admit that my take on MC is not for everyone, but it is for me, and I think that inner comfort with my style comes through, it may be the only way I get away with some of my rigs!

-TTO

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upr_crust
Vintage Ralphie - tick weave, ticket pocket - what's not to like? Way excellent, Counselor.

Thanks, Crusty.

You...you....you're good (Bobby D font)

satisfied.gif
I am the man!!!
lol8[1].gif

Originally Posted by TTO
I think the tie pushes it over the top, I wanted to wear one of the great heavily textured knit ties I purchased from MBreinin, but they haven't arrived yet, next I was gonna try a Prince of wales checked bow-tie, but the cotton Panta was calling out to me, it almost works but I kinda knew it was pushing it!

-TTO

They are on the way, my man. You should have them soon.

I think the fit today kills. It is a little out there, but that is your deal....and you rock it.

Mike

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
tumblr_lj6hqpp51C1qcq3abo1_500.jpg
tumblr_lj6hw5HmuE1qcq3abo1_400.jpg

Apparently night shots are not something my camera is very good at.

Cool photos.

-LR

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Umbrella is JCrew, a short one

Me too, I'm down another 5 lbs...160 soaking wet.

Today:

IMG_4646.jpg

IMG_4634.jpg

Some looks at the work:
IMG_4643.jpg

Back a little wrinkly, but after a long walk with a heavy bag strapped over my back, thats what you get
IMG_4641.jpg

Will get a cleaner back shot next time I wear.

Looks good on you

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edgar Allan Pwn
...I'm in love with this tie though...
N1tsS.jpg

+1

Originally Posted by Fred49

fred6-002.jpg
[/SPOILER]

Nice choos, mang.

SDTX-2.JPG
[/spoiler]

Originally Posted by Holdfast
ObXmT.jpg
vKwWk.jpg
[/SPOILER]

Based on the photos, afternoon by a nose. I suspect that better photography might tip the decision the other way, though. Any way you can add more light/expose longer, doctor?

Originally Posted by Orgetorix
fullshot.jpg
Nice DB, but where's the blog post so we can hate you for your thrift?

IMG_4646.jpg

IMG_4634.jpg

Some looks at the work:
IMG_4643.jpg

Back a little wrinkly, but after a long walk with a heavy bag strapped over my back, thats what you get
IMG_4641.jpg

Will get a cleaner back shot next time I wear.
I've got to hook up with this tailor. If I were FredH, you'd definitely get a song today.

84ad4a4a.jpg

b99f5709.jpg
Nice. Appears more butterscotch than tan; is the color accurate?

jobro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Navi
Feeling spring-y!

IMG_20110406_150652.jpg

picsay-1302118760.jpg

picsay-1302120550.jpg

picsay-1302120318.jpg

I'm enjoying this PS made by another SFer
smile.gif
Damn I need a pair of light brown, maybe cognac monks... Would be perfect for this outfit.

You need a new belt too.

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jobro
You need a new belt too.

Ok, i wont wear that belt anymore. ignore. imagine a plain black leather belt.

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice setup, but isn't the pants sitting a little low? It may only be the angel though.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads