• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Professional Wrestling

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Man, that Cole and King match was horrible, totally killed the crowd and for once, Austin wasn't entertaining. Everything was sloppy and slow, not surprised but it could have redeemed itself if he had stunned the King as well.

Main event blows too, good thing it was quick. The Rock restarting the match was pointless just to screw Cena. He should have just Rock Bottomed Cena and cause him the title and then say his catchphrase, sweet and simple, instead they wanted a final joke from the Rock with the laptop/GM.

I wanted Del Rio to win and a Christian heel turn, if Del Rio continues to feud with Edge, he better win it at Summerslam or sooner. Now Christian is left with nothing to do again, Del Rio needs to win the belt, give Edge an "injury" to take him off tv for a while and have Christian feud with Del Rio and give him a shot at the title.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Man, that Cole and King match was horrible, totally killed the crowd and for once, Austin wasn't entertaining. Everything was sloppy and slow, not surprised but it could have redeemed itself if he had stunned the King as well.

Main event blows too, good thing it was quick. The Rock restarting the match was pointless just to screw Cena. He should have just Rock Bottomed Cena and cause him the title and then say his catchphrase, sweet and simple, instead they wanted a final joke from the Rock with the laptop/GM.

I wanted Del Rio to win and a Christian heel turn, if Del Rio continues to feud with Edge, he better win it at Summerslam or sooner. Now Christian is left with nothing to do again, Del Rio needs to win the belt, give Edge an "injury" to take him off tv for a while and have Christian feud with Del Rio and give him a shot at the title.

Del Rio is a great heel and I share your sentiment in hoping that he wins the belt soon. He's so much more talented than The Miz.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

austin coming has always been their shortcut for making people watch a storyline. and him and the rock coming in really puts a "lost glory days" atmosphere. I agree del rio's good, although I think a jbl persona is way too soon to bring out. I also feel sorry for the new guys like wade barrett and his group... they showed much potential in nexus until john cena singlehandedly demolished them all (who ironically was pwned by the miz of all people) and now they're wallowing in midcard hell. speaking of which, wth happened to david smith and tyson kidd?

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
austin coming has always been their shortcut for making people watch a storyline. and him and the rock coming in really puts a "lost glory days" atmosphere. I agree del rio's good, although I think a jbl persona is way too soon to bring out. I also feel sorry for the new guys like wade barrett and his group... they showed much potential in nexus until john cena singlehandedly demolished them all (who ironically was pwned by the miz of all people) and now they're wallowing in midcard hell. speaking of which, wth happened to david smith and tyson kidd?
With respect to "The Core" I predict that Wade Barrett will be the only star to emerge from that group. The rest are okay in ring talent who cannot work the mic to save their lives. David Smith and Tyson Kids are both no-talent a$$ clowns who will be lucky to still be working in either WWE or NWA. They had to bring out Bret Hart and do the whole mea cupla thing last year at WM just to get them over. BTW, have you guys seen Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka's daughter? She might make a good post over in the Would You Hit It thread. Eh, on second thought, she probably get passed over the my the SF masses. I'm not passing, however.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
David Hart Smith and Tyson Kidd are actually decent wrestlers, if WWE just took the tag titles seriously, then these guys could be right there int eh thick of things Bring back the tag team ladders matches. Give the tag titles a serious name again by making good and serious teams and it could be golden instead they have Santino (who was actually a very good wrestler but is a complete joke now and I don't think he can run away from that even with a 10yr hiatus) and Kozlov (who used to be a monster who was destroying Triple H on his first few months) playing around and making a fool of themselves.

Tag teams that could do well instead of wasting their careers being jobbers:

Usos
Corre (Gabriel & Slater)
Hart Dynasty

Then just put these guys together:

Bourne & Bryan ( or Tatsu)
Swagger & Mcintyre
Primo & Chavo
R Truth & Morrison (or Kingston)
Nexus Castoffs Husky & Sheffield

Those teams could be a good legitimate tag teams and could work a very entertaining match if taken seriously. Let these guys go at it with tables and ladders, TNA does tag team matches so well and those are the best matches they produce, WWE needs to capitalize on it.

I would put Rhodes with someone to tag with but he pretty much solidified himself as a singles contender at Wrestlemania again Rey.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
David Hart Smith and Tyson Kidd are actually decent wrestlers, if WWE just took the tag titles seriously, then these guys could be right there int eh thick of things Bring back the tag team ladders matches. Give the tag titles a serious name again by making good and serious teams and it could be golden instead they have Santino (who was actually a very good wrestler but is a complete joke now and I don't think he can run away from that even with a 10yr hiatus) and Kozlov (who used to be a monster who was destroying Triple H on his first few months) playing around and making a fool of themselves.

Usos
Corre (Gabriel & Slater)
Hart Dynasty

Swagger & Mcintyre
Primo & Chavo

Those teams could be a good legitimate tag teams and could work a very entertaining match if taken seriously. Let these guys go at it with tables and ladders, TNA does tag team matches so well and those are the best matches they produce, WWE needs to capitalize on it.

I would put Rhodes with someone to tag with but he pretty much solidified himself as a singles contender at Wrestlemania again Rey.

I totally agree with you regarding TNA having better tag teams. Beer Money & Motor City Machine Guns are better than anything going on in WWE. One solution to the current predicament would be to have a PPV where they have a KOTR style tourney for the Tag Team Championship. I agree with you that The Hart Dynasty are good in the ring, but David Hart Smith a chip off of the old block when it comes to working the mic. Unfortunately, Tyson Kidd isn't much better. BTW, speaking of Husky, did you know that he's I.R.S.'s kid. I also found out that Mike McGillicutty is Curt Henning's kid. I say they should reform Legacy.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yup, these are generation wrestlers, sadly none of them can talk the mic and cut promos. Mcgilicutty, I have no idea why they changed his name, being a Hennig, the son of Mr. perfect is the best thing about his career. Sadly, he didn't inherit his dads mic skills, his promo on NXT was horrendous. Speaking of NXT, i wonder what happened to Senshi/Kaval (won NXT 2), dude had so much potential like Bryan but they made him a jobber and I think he isn't even with the company anymore while the people who lost are still in there wrestling. It makes no sense, there is just no hope for small guys in the WWE, Vince just slurps big, hulking dudes for some reason. They better not **** up Sin Cara, they better let dude fly.

Also, Tough Enough is actually pretty damn good. Austin being the host is so perfect. Dude admitted he shat his pants when Andre the Giant slammed him and continued to work the match.
lol8[1].gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biggskip
I totally agree with you regarding TNA having better tag teams. Beer Money & Motor City Machine Guns are better than anything going on in WWE. One solution to the current predicament would be to have a PPV where they have a KOTR style tourney for the Tag Team Championship. I agree with you that The Hart Dynasty are good in the ring, but David Hart Smith a chip off of the old block when it comes to working the mic. Unfortunately, Tyson Kidd isn't much better. BTW, speaking of Husky, did you know that he's I.R.S.'s kid. I also found out that Mike McGillicutty is Curt Henning's kid. I say they should reform Legacy.
hart dynasty as a team is great imo... and they suck as solo 'rasslers. I was also hoping teddy hart could be brought in again but I guess stories bout him as a real screw up's true. too bad. +1 on reforming legacy, but I have this impression the writers don't know what to do with groups like them, or they're afraid of repeating those 'gang wars' back when you have the nation of domination, los bariquas, the brood and d.o.a. or worse- wcw's diferent nwo groups I didn't get to see sin cara's debut, but I've seen him do his thing and its very impressive. but I'm very doubtful wwe or any american outfit can sell more than one masked luchador in the roster. hope he does make it though, and not end up in mid-card hell like the terribly underused evan bourne.

Sesame Seed

Reaction score
Not sure what WWE is going to do to bring the older hard core fans around to liking Cena. Why so much hate to begin with?
Turn him. I'm not for it, though. You want him to continue to relieve parents with young kids of their cash.

Originally Posted by Anthony K
I'd love for Cole to face UT at WM28, streak against streak. It would be laugh worthy to see Cole try and take on The Dead Man.
Hopefully, by that time, Sting has gotten his act together. I'd say he only signed a one year contract with TNA. I think Vince still holds hope of acquiring him.

Originally Posted by acidboy
I don't see undertaker going beyond next year's wm.. he has been practically in and out of circulation the past year...
He carried HHH to an above average match. I would retire him and have him compete only at WrestleMania until he can "˜go' no more.

Michael Cole might be the best heel in the industry. I know that he's worked hard over the years to become the play by play guy for RAW...
Vickie draws more heat, but I like how Cole's character is playing out.

Usos
Corre (Gabriel & Slater)
Hart Dynasty

Swagger & Mcintyre
Primo & Chavo

You could also promote Alex Koslov and team him with Vladimir Kozlov as "˜The Kozlovs'. They'd work well together. It'd be a nice mix of athleticism and power.

I totally agree with you regarding TNA having better tag teams. Beer Money & Motor City Machine Guns are better than anything going on in WWE.
They may have pushed Beer Money as a tag team, but they are suppressing them as singles stars. Robert Roode could be the best heel in the business by now. He should have been a ME talent like 3 years ago. James Storm could also be a singles star. They just have to work out how to flesh out his gimmick without running into The Sandman and SCSA.

ari.seoul

Reaction score
I do like wrestling - I dont watch it religiously, but I do follow them from time to time to see what's going on

a friend back in middle school got me into it - Hulk Hogan, Barry Windham, Ric Flair, Rowdy Roddy Piper!

c'mon, who doesnt like fights

I also appreciate what these guys go through for the sake of entertainment - there is an art and athletic ability that goes into these things

and people who cant see that, well, they cant see that - that's their prerogative

really miss Eddie Guerrero, I thought he helps 'up' the standard on entertainment when he did that schtick with Chavo (lie, cheat and steal)

and I still think the Rey Mysterio Jr - Kurt Angle feud was probably the best (and entertaining) feud ever

for those who doesnt like half naked men play fighting, I suppose you dont like the movie 300 as well ... or Gladiators ...

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why the hell would they waste an Undertakers Wrestlemania match on Cole? Considering WM29 is probably Undertakers last WM, no way in hell that is going to happen. And no, Taker did not carry Triple H in that match, he was dominated and rightly so but managed to win. He can't work a match like before, that's why the match was so slow-paced.

Taker is in the end of his career. He has been hurt and needed surgery every 3-5 months for the past couple of years. His knees are practically out, he has unrepairable injuries everywhere iirc. He is very close to being done. The streak should never be broken and Takers will finish his career 20-0.

On a side note, just got Netflix and finished watching the Wrestlemania and Jericho DVD streams, pretty damn good. Highly recommended.

Sesame Seed

Reaction score
I would beg to differ. Most of the early action was outside the ring so we really didn't get anything of a wrestling match to gauge who was being carried. I would argue that the "˜no holds barred' stipulation was attached to the match because HHH hasn't been in the ring in forever. There's no way he is pulling off anything close to what is required. At his best, he is more of a brawler than "˜Taker, anyway. "˜Taker always works slow matches.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sesame Seed
I would beg to differ. Most of the early action was outside the ring so we really didn't get anything of a wrestling match to gauge who was being carried. I would argue that the "˜no holds barred' stipulation was attached to the match because HHH hasn't been in the ring in forever. There's no way he is pulling off anything close to what is required. At his best, he is more of a brawler than "˜Taker, anyway. "˜Taker always works slow matches.

No one was carrying anyone in that match, Trips has been out of action but he has worked a couple of dark matches, mostly squashes some jobber. But Taker has also been out and he has been sluggish even with his feud with Kane last year. Dude is close to being done, everyones got to admit that. Even the Michaels/Taker 2 doesn't stand up to Michaels/Taker 1. After the second match at WM with Michaels, Taker hasn't had a good match, it's all been extra slow and sluggish. You can see the effects of the injuries on him, why do you think he keeps disappearing after working 2-3 PPVs in a row for the past couple of years? It's not to simply rest him since the ratings have been dropping on Smackdown and they needed him badly, it's because of all those injuries and surgeries.

Sesame Seed

Reaction score
No one was carrying anyone in that match, Trips has been out of action but he has worked a couple of dark matches, mostly squashes some jobber. But Taker has also been out and he has been sluggish even with his feud with Kane last year. Dude is close to being done, everyones got to admit that. Even the Michaels/Taker 2 doesn't stand up to Michaels/Taker 1. After the second match at WM with Michaels, Taker hasn't had a good match, it's all been extra slow and sluggish. You can see the effects of the injuries on him, why do you think he keeps disappearing after working 2-3 PPVs in a row for the past couple of years? It's not to simply rest him since the ratings have been dropping on Smackdown and they needed him badly, it's because of all those injuries and surgeries.
Yes, I'm aware of his injuries. To tell you the truth, I never rated "˜Taker for his in-ring work, but I have realised that he knows how to tell a story (albeit rather slowly), and his interest in MMA has improved his mat skills. For a guy of his size, he works the mat well. Also, for a guy his age, he has no business diving to the outside. He has proven time and time again that he is the big draw when it comes to WrestleMania. If anything, HHH has overbooked himself, and probably appeared in the lowest rated WM ME matches (Meltzer ratings) from the year 2000 onwards (with the exception of the HBK and Benoit ME). BTW I prefer "˜Taker vs. HBK II.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
what's gonna be hard is there won't be anyone even remotely having the same draw as ut after he's gone.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads