• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns S/S 2011

Feji

Reaction score
Slack do the Linen/Cotten pants fit like the chinos?

Also, have you heard from any other stockist if they're getting these pants? (RG -> Boston = ~7days shipping)

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Feji
Slack do the Linen/Cotten pants fit like the chinos?

I don't actually know yet, but all I can say right now is that they have a pretty short inseam (I THINK - looked at them for all of a minute)....in line with the rest of the made in JP pants this season, length wise. I will provide some more info soon....

remember they also have the cinch on the butt/rear...

Pat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
Pat - with these new ones - my personal opinion is to go 'true to size'. No need to size up, if that is what you did for the 'perfect medium'. These have some serious stretch to them. Even if snug out of the box, it will loosen up -- quick. I ended up selling my hoodies I got in medium (which I wore the old tiger terry in) and replacing them with smalls. People will probably debate this, but just my two cents.

thanks slack! now what about the length? my old medium slim fit is about as short as i can handle. will a new style in a small be around the same length or might it be a bit shorter?

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pat
thanks slack! now what about the length? my old medium slim fit is about as short as i can handle. will a new style in a small be around the same length or might it be a bit shorter?

N/p, Pat. Though unfortunately they are shorter than the older tiger terrys. "High and tight" as people have been saying. So if the tiger terry of years gone was approaching on too short, then you may risk trouble this year. I would guess it might be about a half inch shorter. (please someone correct me if they know I'm not right here, but I'm pretty confident..)

for length purposes, i might suggest checking out the Ace Hotel x W+H version. Granted, it's not terry loop - but a great hoodie nonetheless. Or......staying with a size medium versus a small, strictly for the extra length that upping the size will provide....tho...sacrificing the fit of the torso in the process..

Pat

Reaction score
hmmm ok i am torn as to what i should do. thanks again

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go w/ the Ace x w+h hoodie--imo, the best out of the bunch available right now.

Excellent hoodie, but realized probably mis-sized myself at a large...and re-kop'd a medium.

Large will be on sale soon if anyone is interested......

nycxandy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
note on the polos...stop the presses...but they're running a little small.

Size S p2p: 18" (sliiiiim)
Size M p2p: 19" (average size S imo).

So just be warned when sizing these. Acrimony will have them up on their site very soon (as well as other made in CA stuff - more tees, henleys, etc) and their #2 batch of made in JP stuff is expected this week. So patience my stateside friends..

I received my polos from RG today and the p2p for the small is 19".

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nycxandy
I received my polos from RG today and the p2p for the small is 19".

That's interesting, and sorry if potentially spreading bad info on my end.

A model who did a shoot today, wearing the polo, has the same chest size as me and generally wears a size small in all W+H items. I was told the size small was too snug for the fit and they had to up him to a medium, which looked much more appropriate. This was communicated to me on the phone by a stockist who is really knowledgeable of my own size. To the point I don't even need to specify a size if I were to place an order over the phone - just assumed. But this time, based on their measurements and observation, I was advised to size up.

So I will wait to receive and see how it turns out...thank you for your input on the sizing. And with all of this being said, everyone please take my (second hand) sizing advice with a grain of salt and consult your own stockist if/when in doubt...

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I was quoted these measurements for the polo:

Size Medium
Shoulder to shoulder: 16"
Pit to pit: 19"

Size Large
Shoulder to shoulder: 17"
Pit to pit: 20"

For me, it would definitely be a size up than normal.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hesitate to write this, but did decide to because I undoubtedly owe it to w+h, roden & co.. A few pages back in this thread I made a pretty big, somewhat out the blue, stink, about a customer service issue I was having with Roden. Stemming from myself receiving a white t-shirt that had an unfortunate red stain (never confirmed as actual ink stain) on the front, directly out of packaging. I was not satisfied with Roden's proposed resolution (side note and for fairness: I was not willing to do much on my end, like s&h back to Vancouver - customs forms, post office lines, etc) and on the forum I explained the situation in a pretty bitter spiteful kind of way. A [relatively] cheap white t-shirt. But it was just on principle - being an extremely loyal customer - over several years and spending quite frankly a lot of money. But anyway, I got a random call on my phone tonight, and lo & behold, it was Mr. Lo himself calling to thank me for my avocation towards the brand and contributions to the community. To which of course I humbly accepted and thanked him with great sincerity for the personal phone call. Which is a cool thing to do, and unexpected, to say the least. And of course, all was 'made right' with respect to the minor stained t-shirt issue
smile.gif
(confirmed and complete production anomaly, for the record). And getting my sport coat sizing advice (which is truly f'ing difficult to size) from Rob himself was much appreciated and obviously who a better resource.. So just a quick thank you to Roden Gray, Wings', & Co for the nice gesture. And their orders, for me at least, are actually flying into the US at record speed. I think we all know RG has great customer service and my personal apologies for attempting to directly state otherwise after a somewhat knee-jerk reaction to a minor issue.

Brinbro

Reaction score
^ Slack, don't apologize. They **** on you, got called on it, and then did damage control.

Depends on the material, as we all know the measurements for the loop terry hoodies were way out of whack but ended up TTS. It's probably the way they're meant to fit (tight). Otherwise, you're going to look like you've got a cool polo from Target.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that's pretty sweet slack. you are the sf w+h master.

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been answered, but what's the difference between the double layer hoodies and the large loop terry. I need a new grey and black hoodie from w+h's and can't actually see any of the stuff. Any recommendations. I want it as simple as possible.
Thanks

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wurlwyde
Sorry if this has been answered, but what's the difference between the double layer hoodies and the large loop terry. I need a new grey and black hoodie from w+h's and can't actually see any of the stuff. Any recommendations. I want it as simple as possible.
Thanks

There is actually a world of difference between the two fabrics.

The double layered hoodies are thin and made for the spring/summer. Imagine two very thin layers on top of each other.

The large loop terry hoodies are heavy. Imagine the consistency of a bath robe or towel, but softer. It's almost like a knit.

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dbear
There is actually a world of difference between the two fabrics.

The double layered hoodies are thin and made for the spring/summer. Imagine two very thin layers on top of each other.

The large loop terry hoodies are heavy. Imagine the consistency of a bath robe or towel, but softer. It's almost like a knit.

Thank you for the reply. I'm looking for a black in the large loop terry in a size M. Does anyone have one? Any help is greatly appreciated. I've looked around a lot of places, but cant' seem to find one.
Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads