• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

mylesmyles

Reaction score
Got in 5.5 miles in 34:52 over the Queensboro Bridge this morning.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by about11oclock
6 mile repeats this morning. Thomas, it was strangely warm this morning. I forgot that humidity makes you sweat.

welcome to my sweaty, smelly, salty world. LOLOL.

dmass1

Reaction score
6 in 41:30 this morning - weather is starting to come around here in Boston

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Sign up for a race! they always have photographers on-course - you just have to be aware of them and smile at the right times. Most of my pics don't feature smiles; in fact in some pics I look like there's a railroad spike being driven into my ribs. ah well.

re: IT band, try stretching it - when mine flared up I stretched it at the hip, took roughly a week and it never came back.

Yeah ive been stretching it. it feels a lot better today. im going to attempt to do 9 miles again tonite see if im up for it.

yes you look like youre in pain but that is the way to do it!

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nursing a bad back.... 3.5 miles in 30 minutes today. Easy pace.

jwied82

Reaction score
Originally Posted by samblackbones
8 today. was hoping to double but it wasnt in the cards. . . .
Met with these ladies who I am doing the Ragnar relay with next friday (from Huntington Beach to San Diego) - should be interesting. I am actually getting pretty pumped for it! I am running the hardest leg, but the team I am on has a pretty decent pace marked out (9 min/miles vs. a whole ton of 11-12 minute mile teams). I have some friends who are running the same leg on different teams so hopefully I will get to see some of them.

whats the distance of the relay race, how many people per team, # of legs per person?

i have done one long distance relay, a few years ago, and it was a blast. iirc it was 80 miles, 8 people per team, 3 legs per runner... it was pretty tough because you end running each leg something close to 10k race pace.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
Yeah ive been stretching it. it feels a lot better today. im going to attempt to do 9 miles again tonite see if im up for it.

yes you look like youre in pain but that is the way to do it!

What I found when I stretched my IT band is that it had a long way to stretch: after a few days I was able to make a boomerang shape in my doorway: foot in one corner, hip touching the opposite doorjamb, shoulder on the foot-side jamb. After that point, I was good to go again.

forStyle

Reaction score
did hill work for 25 minutes. weather a little chilly today. come quicker, nicer weather.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You pretty much nailed it Jwied - 12 people on a team, 200 or so miles and the legs range from 4-10 miles depending. They stagger it so that both weaker and stronger runners can participate. I get to run a what is supposed to be the hardest set of legs and I think they sum up to 19 or 21 miles. 2 vans take runners to their next legs. I am really ignorant to most of it, I ended up jumping on with this team at the last minute with a buddy (who then bailed). Still should be fun. They have them all over: http://www.ragnarrelay.com/
Today I ran 6.5 in the AM and then a workout tonight. Ended up doing 6 X 1200 (all right around 4:04)
Warm ups and cool downs and jogging recovery included I think around 10 - 11 miles.
Now I get to tutor some kids for their algebra mid term tomorrow. Not the best.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^^ yeow - good luck with the relay, Sam.

...today, 8 miles 1:00:50. For some reason, around 4.5 miles I just felt like walking. Weird. I walked for a minute or so, and figured that was it. Then I picked it up again and ran the next 3.5 miles with no trouble at all. ah well.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
15 miles in the secret spot, found some new trails, I also failed to find some and paid the price in blood.
Right knee is nice and abraded.
Set the course for the Giffnasty Fat Ass run on May 29th.
Longest Ive run in there. I did 3 loops of 5 miles.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hockey has been killing me, three to four nights a week so running has taken a back seat. This week I was able to do a couple of runs, 4.6 miles by the water Monday and 5 Industrial Miles today:
IMG_2548.jpg

IMG_2551.jpg

IMG_2553.jpg

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a Costco in Brooklyn now? Or has that been there for a while?

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5 for me, nice and easy in light rain. Aching knee, hope it doesnt cause trouble during this Sunday's 10K in central park.
NYR, still want to come your way and take a run sometime. Promise it won't be weird like it usually is when the internet meets real life.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads