• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

talk to me about borrelli...

rsuhandy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mannix
Truzzi buttonholes are ugly in my opinion, and I really don't like their buttons or collar shapes either. Finamore has my vote.
That's actually one of the reason I like Truzzi
laugh.gif
I also love Finamore as well. My favorite shirts are from Borrelli pre-2010 and Isaia though =P

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up a couple of Attolini from STF last week and they really are impressive.
+1 on Finamore.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Number of mentions of buttons/buttonholes in this thread: 4
Number of mentions of fit: 0

ffffuuuu.gif

rsuhandy

Reaction score
^+1

For me Truzzi fits best off the rack.
European cut Borrelli fits well too, not so much the ones
made for the US market.
OTR fit is not what I look for, as I usually take ALL of my shirts
to get tailored in the Chest and sleeves
plain.gif

I like shopping to much to go for bespoke right now,
as then I'd be paying premium and half the fun is getting deals
devil.gif

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Kiton and Finamore are equivalent in handwork (from the examples I own), Finamore has some awesome collars, Kiton has the best collars though. Fit on both is stellar. Id make all my shirts those 2 if I could.

skywalker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Kiton and Finamore are equivalent in handwork (from the examples I own), Finamore has some awesome collars, Kiton has the best collars though. Fit on both is stellar. Id make all my shirts those 2 if I could.
In regards to fit are we talking any kiton. Isn't there U.S./Italy/Germany made ones? (not sure which ones I own, but most of them could be a tad slimmer.
Originally Posted by DerekS
I keep hearing Kiton shirts leave a lot to be desired. I have a lot of great shirts, (t&a, zegna, rlpl, letc) and borrelli was a nice way to treat myself. Being in nashville where the best shirt you can buy is ike behar, its tough to know exactly what im getting when ordering online.
The only thing with kiton is their buttons at least for me.

CHITON

Reaction score
Kiton, Fray and Attolini are the nicest options at the moment.

The old Royal Collection Borrellis were the best imo.

marcodalondra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
Finamore, barba are probably comparable. Attolini are also nice, if not better.

Check out Donnanna - it's apparently many of the same people from the old Borrelli operation. Although, I can't confirm quality.

http://www.shopthefinest.com/p-36272...-us-39-eu.aspx

Interesting brand and have seen some details of the shirt, looks well made. I will probably give them a try for their Made to Measure/Bespoke service next time I am in Naples.

EDITED:
About the connection with Borrelli, the brand is owned by one of the company that are owned in turn by the Luigi Borrelli group.... I suspects however that the seamistress involved with the shirts handwork are not the one that use to produce borrelli, but probably use the same old construction....

The factory is based in quite a different area from the the original Borrelly factory

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skywalker
In regards to fit are we talking any kiton. Isn't there U.S./Italy/Germany made ones? (not sure which ones I own, but most of them could be a tad slimmer.

Ive never seen anything other than made in Italy Kitons.. and the new ones fit pretty slim.

rsuhandy

Reaction score
^ I think he was referring to ones that are
made for different markets i.e. US vs European
I know that Borrelli cuts shirts for the European
market trimmer than the ones they make for the US market.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker

you need to dump that orange finamore you got.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I agree their collars are the ****. I may take a swing on a Kiton if I find one on the cheap in my size to give it a go before i buy new.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DerekS
you need to dump that orange finamore you got.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I agree their collars are the ****. I may take a swing on a Kiton if I find one on the cheap in my size to give it a go before i buy new.

Funny you mentioned that - I never got that top, but I probably should have.

marcodalondra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rsuhandy
^ I think he was referring to ones that are made for different markets i.e. US vs European I know that Borrelli cuts shirts for the European market trimmer than the ones they make for the US market.
I think they make them larger, way larger, for american retail stores that must specify the fit model they want. For example I have a Borrelli for NM that has the shoulder/sleeve seam 2 inches larger then the normal fit Borrelli bought in Naples (no slim fit), so 4 inches larger in the shoulder, about 2 inches larger in the sleeve and up to 5 inches larger in the body area (I am having it re-built, more info will follow)....

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 on Kiton, I have both the Kiton and Oxxford variety. Both have far more handwork than an old Borrelli. I also agree with Spoo that the collars are the best out there.
Barba Gold labels are kind of a sweet spot as well.
I am certain that there are no Kiton shirts (dress) made outside of Napoli.

jefferyd

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Someone please explain to me why handwork in a shirt is desirable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads