• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
black (what else) RO dropcrotch shorts SS10

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
Nice! I have been eying getting some like those myself. What kind of leather and color is that?
They have been described as "blackish brown" by two sellers so I'll go with that, haha. And they're cordovan I think?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
I've been sorely tempted for a month or two, so when it dropped in price I couldn't resist (even if it will probably barely see the light of day until the Autumn).
Nice. Bleu de Paname? I think I saw it on decent sale lately.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I ordered westfields in suede. Let me know if you need a referral son.

Nice. Trying to decide between those or the chocolate hallams. PM your referral

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
There's nothing margiela about those, don't think you would cop if it weren't for the name.

I prefer without toe caps but they def have the MMM boot shape. I think I'll order some new short black boots soon, right now I'm thinking JM Weston, MMM or Carmina, not sure yet.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
I've been sorely tempted for a month or two, so when it dropped in price I couldn't resist (even if it will probably barely see the light of day until the Autumn).

I could have sold you mine. I wore it once or twice in the fall/winter so I'm going to sell it

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I could have sold you mine. I wore it once or twice in the fall/winter so I'm going to sell it

I think you acquired several BdP pieces, what's your take now that you have had the time to wear them over a few months?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I think you acquired several BdP pieces, what's your take now that you have had the time to wear them over a few months?

That's the only one I have. It's nicely made but overall feels a little too "soft" for this particular style I think. I think the cut lends itself to a slightly more rigid outer layer or maybe something a bit more weatherproof. A little "neither here nor there" - probably why I haven't really worn it much.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I prefer without toe caps but they def have the MMM boot shape. I think I'll order some new short black boots soon, right now I'm thinking JM Weston, MMM or Carmina, not sure yet.

The short black side-zip boots from MMM this season look good, I may get them.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
Nice. Bleu de Paname? I think I saw it on decent sale lately.

Yes.

Originally Posted by gdl203

Damn - your's is probably the same size. I didn't even realise you had one.

Construction seems good, and I was after a cold weather jacket. With three waxed Barbours and the Cameraman I wasn't really in need of a true waterproof coat - just something for cooler days. Basically I fell for the colour, pockets and buttons
smile.gif

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is a picture of the spring blazer from Cloak I just got. The pants I've already posted so the tag suffices. I found this blazer while wandering around the city today. You can see the tag above. Spring 04.
kNqSL.jpg

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fuuuuu, that's nice. Looks like the perfect spring/summer blazer. Did you find that in a vintage shop?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics