• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upr_crust

IMGP03521010x1280.jpg

You appear to be younger than me but would you mind terribly considering including me in your will? Just the cufflinks for now. Maybe more as I become better educated.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ethandesu
I've not posted fits here in a long time, but I thought I may as well throw in to the ring again.
Ariston Check, Loro Piana 220 gram trouser, Silverline Shirting, Drakes Cashmere.

tumblr_liy9j7GtL31qad1efo1_1280.jpg

desu

thats such a great jacket ... also great blog you got there!!

ethandesu

Reaction score
Thanks, Niidawg - Great to have you following! Hopefully my work at PJohnson is getting some love too..
desu

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ethandesu

Reaction score
Thanks, TC - Come in soon, I'll be off to Hong Kong in three weeks!
desu

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Digmenow
You appear to be younger than me but would you mind terribly considering including me in your will? Just the cufflinks for now. Maybe more as I become better educated.

Are you speaking in terms of just today's pair, or have you been tracking my bling for a while? I would be happy to include you in my estate planning, save for the fact that I might fear an untimely demise should you get overly enamored of a particular pair of links
smile.gif

Originally Posted by TTO

-TTO

That is one handsome suit - bold (to say the least) but you wear it with great authority and panache.

Edgar Allan Pwn

Reaction score
That is one handsome suit - bold (to say the least) but you wear it with great authority and panache.
I have to agree. I don't know what it is about you, TTO, but you somehow manage some very difficult-to-pull-off looks with aplomb.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
IMGP0355490x1280.jpg

IMGP03521010x1280.jpg

IMGP0353851x1280.jpg

Originally Posted by TTO
5595155212_fe9d98ef19_b.jpg
[/url]

-TTO

Both, technically speaking, are matchy-matchy, but TTO's monochrome look is killing and Upr's (sorry to say) crosses the line for me. Maybe a different color for the tie would have avoided the Garanimals effect?

Originally Posted by ethandesu
tumblr_liy9j7GtL31qad1efo1_1280.jpg

desu

Ethan, I've posted a few pictures from your blog to Facebook (credited of course!) as examples of Sartorial Splendorâ„¢. Really good stuff.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will it rain again today
110406019.jpg

110406020.jpg

110406023-1.jpg

Looking for new conservative business dress wheels - 1962 Lancia Flaminia 3B
LanciaFlaminia.jpg

Fred H.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
Looking for new conservative business dress wheels - 1962 Lancia Flaminia 3B
LanciaFlaminia.jpg

That work as a daily driver? (Love these 50s - 60s wheels, but would be afraid to rely on one.)

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fred H.
That work as a daily driver? (Love these 50s - 60s wheels, but would be afraid to rely on one.)
- it would not be a daily driver. FWIW this has only done 36,000 kms. - I actually went in to see a 1960 Fiat 600 in pistachio green

Fred H.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
- it would not be a daily driver. FWIW this has only done 36,000 ams. - I actually went in to see a 1960 Fiat 600 in pistachio green
Cool. I've been saving up for an Austin-Healey 3000 just like this one:
Austin-healey_100-6_bn4_vyy420_arp.jpg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sugarbutch;4326256 said:
Both, technically speaking, are matchy-matchy, but TTO's monochrome look is killing and Upr's (sorry to say) crosses the line for me. Maybe a different color for the tie would have avoided the Garanimals effect?QUOTE]

As stated in my original posting, a fit at variance with local standards. I can understand the objection, but this shirt seems (to my eyes) only to take a yellow tie - the choice of PS was severely un-creative, but yellow is a very dominating color with which to work, and I was out of inspiration last night when I was laying things out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads