• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by appolyon
Does anyone get the JH Cutler email? If not, here is an excerpt from today's email.

facepalm.gif

Love to know what currency he's using for the prices.

hammer07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NiFTY
has anybody in brisbane been to richards and richards yet - it is pretty good, borrelli, isaia, faconnable. shoes they have sutor and silvano lattanzi. one pair of lattanzis is a whiskey wholecut with an engraved "cock and balls" on the inner leg (medial) side of the vamp at the level of top eyelet - bizarre. worth the trip for that alone. the borrelli shirts are $395 (smaller buttons but handwork everywhere - didn't think they were doing that anymore), they have some isaia and borrelli SCs for 1000 on sale and the isaia suits start around $3000 - not awful full retail prices for oz, i will definately head back around saletime.

I believe they just had their sale recently. Not sure if it is still ongoing though.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by appolyon
Does anyone get the JH Cutler email? If not, here is an excerpt from today's email.

facepalm.gif

What I found more interesting was that he's secured space on Savile Row to meet clients there. He's interested in expanding the business into the UK in a bigger way than he currently does. As good a tailor as he is, I'm not sure he's really going to make much of a dent to the others on the Row and throughout England.

hidepenny

Reaction score
has anyone found anything interesting with the rhodes and beckett extra 25% sale?

i was meant to go to check out their suits today, but didn't make it due to meetings
eh.gif

jhof5421

Reaction score
Do any of you Melbourne gents have experience with Travellers Apparel suits? The website mentions a number of brands that use them (which includes Herringbone which seems odd).

I've never heard of them and my youngest brother just asked me if I knew anything of their quality. Keeping in mind he's a first year grad would they be a suitable buy for him?

Cheers.

__PG__

Reaction score
I visited them in my pre-SF days when I was suit shopping. Friends of mine have bought suits from them and like them. They are a small factory that made (or may still make) lots of sample and small-runs for lots of Australian Brands (e.g. Country Road).

They have lots of suits in stock. I was quoted $600 for a suit back at the end of 2009...but I can't comment/remember on the construction/quality.

What is interesting is that I see lots of Traveller-branded suits in my thrift-shop travels, which to me means that they wear quite well and last.

I'd definitely check them out.

hidepenny

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jhof5421
Do any of you Melbourne gents have experience with Travellers Apparel suits? The website mentions a number of brands that use them (which includes Herringbone which seems odd).

I've never heard of them and my youngest brother just asked me if I knew anything of their quality. Keeping in mind he's a first year grad would they be a suitable buy for him?

Cheers.

I was there 3 weeks ago and it's a tailoring factory I think all the fashionable brands like calibre and the like claims that they are made in Australia are actually made there, they have a good range there but sizing can be weird ie 32" pants with 30" length u just have to try and match, prices are cheap too in comparison.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How cheap?

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by __PG__
I visited them in my pre-SF days when I was suit shopping. Friends of mine have bought suits from them and like them. They are a small factory that made (or may still make) lots of sample and small-runs for lots of Australian Brands (e.g. Country Road). They have lots of suits in stock. I was quoted $600 for a suit back at the end of 2009...but I can't comment/remember on the construction/quality. What is interesting is that I see lots of Traveller-branded suits in my thrift-shop travels, which to me means that they wear quite well and last. I'd definitely check them out.
They do lots of stuff there for the brands as PG says. They also do stuff for small menswear shops that have their own brands. They have a lot of stuff at their factory /showroom and theres nothing particularly wrong with it. They make stuff upstairs and offer all alterations free if you buy one of their OTR. That could be worth $200 on a new suit and some satisfaction that they know what they are doing with their own suits. They also do tailor made - I think for around $1,000 - IIRC - I'd say its between MTM and bespoke - not floating canvas - "good quality modern fusing" (and theres nothing wrong with that)

jhof5421

Reaction score
Cheers guys, thanks for the advice. Sounds like the sort of thing for him until he can afford to upgrade.

Wrigglez

Reaction score
i'll join a group buy if someone sets it up, (i'm lazy) i'd grab a few jars.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wrigglez
i'll join a group buy if someone sets it up, (i'm lazy) i'd grab a few jars.

Ditto I have some a mate gave me and it is great stuff.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by meister
Ditto I have some a mate gave me and it is great stuff.
Whats the big cost with Saphir?? Postage? How much does it cost? I've got some friends who live in France and come back and forth - should I be getting them to bring in jars in their hand luggage and then I could sell it to wriggly and meister for a big profit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads