• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
I think visiting my cousin will be a good excuse to dine with Matt. Or perhaps dining with Matt will be a good excuse to visit my cousin. You down for dinner ? I can pick up shibbel on the way though I prefer not to drive ...

Tonight will have a "stew" made with chicken breast first with browned onions turmeric very little sea salt and perhaps a dash of pepper, then left to simmer with dried plums or prunes, carrot, potato. Served over a bed of rice with prepared so as to brown the bottom to a delicious golden crisp ("tahdig") and flavored with cumin seeds.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
if i had something other than 35mm and MF film cameras i'd share pics but, as you might be able to tell from my fit pics, not much detail is captured with my apparati tangential note: i'm interested in these but i doubt they will live up to the quality of well-developed film or DSLRs

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah

tangential note: i'm interested in these but i doubt they will live up to the quality of well-developed film or DSLRs

whoa, that's really cool.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
This thread has gone off the rails delightfully in my absence. Carry on.

RE: parental cooking habits - it was either Burger King with the Chicken sandwich, large fries, and large onion rings, or Shake and Bake chicken (Italian I think), with Kraft macaroni and cheese, plus a side of potato's or corn.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
good lord - surely you guys didn't eat the same two things everyday for 18 years of your life, right? I think kids growing up in crack houses might get better food than what some of you guys are describing.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
My mother used to cook for us every night. Most nights we had two separate meals, since my dad is a vegetarian. We ate out maybe once every month, but my brother made that more difficult. She was always a decent cook, although she fell into the trap that it seems a lot of homemakers fall into: not enjoying cooking because it was just a part of the job. I used to give her **** about her cooking, because I was an ungrateful little ****. Now I find myself missing her cooking almost every day. When I go home, we argue for 20 minutes every day b/c I want her to cook b/c I miss it and she wants me to cook b/c I'm good at it.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
My mother had a very interesting chicken recipe. She would bake the hell out of breasts, no seasoning, skin on. She would take the skin off, and unknown to us, eat it in the kitchen. She would serve us the denuded breasts telling us the skins had been tossed as that's where all the fat is. I think I should mention, my mother has always been obese.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
My mother had a very interesting chicken recipe. She would bake the hell out of breasts, no seasoning, skin on. She would take the skin off, and unknown to us, eat it in the kitchen. She would serve us the denuded breasts telling us the skins had been tossed as that's where all the fat is. I think I should mention, my mother has always been obese.

Your poasts have been depressing. I'm sorry.
frown.gif

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
had a friend who ate mayonaise sandwiches and sugar water to drink as a kid. his mom still sends him welfare milk regularly. he has over 20 pairs of Jordans
confused.gif

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
had a friend who ate mayonaise sandwiches and sugar water to drink as a kid. his mom still sends him welfare milk regularly. he has over 20 pairs of Jordans
confused.gif

I think we know the same guy. And his mom follows his facebook feed and posts comments on my food pics as well.
frown.gif

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
My mother used to cook for us every night. Most nights we had two separate meals, since my dad is a vegetarian. We ate out maybe once every month, but my brother made that more difficult. She was always a decent cook, although she fell into the trap that it seems a lot of homemakers fall into: not enjoying cooking because it was just a part of the job. I used to give her **** about her cooking, because I was an ungrateful little ****. Now I find myself missing her cooking almost every day. When I go home, we argue for 20 minutes every day b/c I want her to cook b/c I miss it and she wants me to cook b/c I'm good at it.

I just quoted this and sent it to my mother just now. (I would've attributed it to 'kwilk' but I just said 'some guy on styleforum just said this' to keep things uncomplicated
redface.gif
) Sounds very much like my family, I know she will appreciate it.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
confused.gif

Hood rich. I get it. I'm hood bougie.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Yup, dude used to sling crack and sell stolen electronics and shoot dice with his auntie ... Well my dinner was delicious now gotta work it off
ffffuuuu.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads