• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bourbon.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
Both. Its weak and it kinda tastes like flowers and burning.

this. For under $30, I rather get a bottle ER 10, Evan William single barrel, Elmer T. Lee, and Elijah Craig.

randydjack

Reaction score
I like the flower on fire taste to Basil; it has its charm.

The best way I can describe Gentleman is green. It's a very earthy and refreshing bourbon.

Kyoung05

Reaction score
Originally Posted by duofold
Yay on the Pappy 20. Started out with Booker's. Given the cost (around $35), still one of my favorites.

Edit: checked to find that Booker's has gone up, sometimes substantially since I stocked up from Costco. Although $42 here in MN is not bad.

PvW 20 - not nearly as hot as Booker's, but still very full-bodied. If you can find it for $110-$120, snap it up.

$35 for Bookers? Goddamn....what a steal!

Originally Posted by randydjack
I like the flower on fire taste to Basil; it has its charm.

The best way I can describe Gentleman is green. It's a very earthy and refreshing bourbon.

Jack is not bourbon.

duofold

Reaction score
Sorry, a little clarification. That was several years ago when I stocked up at that price. Considering it's been that long, the current sale price of $42 here in the TC is pretty good.

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lots of love for Bookers on this end. I'd like to find it for $35, too!

randydjack

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kyoung05
Jack is not bourbon.

Jack is Bourbon with an extra dance move.

Ain't like I threw Jameson or Bushmills in here, officer
plain.gif

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i paid $35 in MN. $59 in MI
ffffuuuu.gif

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jack is Bourbon with an extra dance move.

Ain't like I threw Jameson or Bushmills in here, officer
plain.gif

i can't tell if you're serious or not, but Jack is not bourbon......officer.

randydjack

Reaction score
Jack is a Tennessee Whisky, which isn't classified as a bourbon due to an extra step in processing and the usage of two percent more than the regulated limit of Corn. However, a Tennessee Whisky is known as a straight bourbon by NAFTA
smile.gif

Be that as it may, I don't think it's inappropriate to show up in a Bourbon thread, as it's often classified as a bourbon in restaurants and bars despite its, as I said, extra dance move and 2% past the regulated limit usage of Corn. Hence, officer.

Then again, who am I to know really? I called Sisters of Mercy and Bauhaus goth rock and slush sludge once so I obviously don't know what I'm talking about.

tdangio

Reaction score
Jack is a Tennessee Whisky, which isn't classified as a bourbon due to an extra step in processing and the usage of two percent more than the regulated limit of Corn. However, a Tennessee Whisky is known as a straight bourbon by NAFTA
smile.gif

Be that as it may, I don't think it's inappropriate to show up in a Bourbon thread, as it's often classified as a bourbon in restaurants and bars despite its, as I said, extra dance move and 2% past the regulated limit usage of Corn. Hence, officer.

Then again, who am I to know really? I called Sisters of Mercy and Bauhaus goth rock and slush sludge once so I obviously don't know what I'm talking about.

But it is not bourbon as defined under Title 27 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Chapter 1, Part 5, Section 5.22.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tdangio
But it is not bourbon as defined under Title 27 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Chapter 1, Part 5, Section 5.22.

Is there really a regulation for this? If so, we are fucked for sure.

I actually agree that Jack and Dickel are not bourbons but Tennessee Whiskey, but then again, I don't really get heartburn when people refer to them as such. There's more important things on the internets to argue about.

tdangio

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Is there really a regulation for this? If so, we are fucked for sure.

I actually agree that Jack and Dickel are not bourbons but Tennessee Whiskey, but then again, I don't really get heartburn when people refer to them as such. There's more important things on the internets to argue about.

According to Wikipedia there is. I read the regulation in question, and couldn't really tell where it said anything like that, but I also didn't really put much time or effort into trying to interpret it.

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text....1.1.3&idno=27

On an unrelated note, has anyone heard about there being a shortage of Sazerac 6 year? I noticed that I hadn't seen any around lately, but finally found some. The store that had it actually had to select a specific barrel and purchase the whole thing. They said that once they are out of it they won't be getting any more in as Sazerac will only be sold on premises. Anyone else heard something of that nature?

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tdangio
On an unrelated note, has anyone heard about there being a shortage of Sazerac 6 year? I noticed that I hadn't seen any around lately, but finally found some. The store that had it actually had to select a specific barrel and purchase the whole thing. They said that once they are out of it they won't be getting any more in as Sazerac will only be sold on premises. Anyone else heard something of that nature?

I don't believe that to be true. Saz 6 is probably the most popular rye on the market and with the current resurgence in rye I can't see it going anywhere. Its still plentiful in MN.

tdangio

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
I don't believe that to be true. Saz 6 is probably the most popular rye on the market and with the current resurgence in rye I can't see it going anywhere. Its still plentiful in MN.

Good to hear. I bought three bottles as a precaution. They will go to good use.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Picked up the 1997 Old Forrester Birthday Bourbon. Very nice, and I don't like run of the mill OF.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads