• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dozingoff.gif

blue-n-grey_040511_01.jpg
blue-n-grey_040511_02.jpg

blue-n-grey_040511_03.jpg

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Are those your new pants from Ambrosi?

Yep, the grey flannels.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acridsheep
Very sharp today, Mike.

+1

pandarts too

Edgar Allan Pwn

Reaction score
Turned out a little more "weekend at the county fair" than I had thought when I was getting dressed this morning, but that's life. I love the new tie, but I'm not sure it was right for this jacket. Would have preferred some lighter trousers, but all of my light grey non-nut-huggers are currently being hemmed or in need of hemming.

Had a red border showing on the PS this morning, but I thought it was a bit over the top. First pic definitely most representative of colour.

Mrqkp.jpg

SuVuD.jpg

tesuquegolfer

Reaction score
Harumph. I have to post directly after someone blue-eyed and handsome, young enough to be my spawn, and who makes his own shoes to boot - and it's raining in NYC. Arghhhh.

Oh, well, for contrast, here's the old geezer wearing what is suited to the morning's monsoon.

IMGP0347490x1280.jpg

Being an old geezer myself
plain.gif
, I like the fit and color combination!

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edgar Allan Pwn
Turned out a little more "weekend at the county fair" than I had thought when I was getting dressed this morning, but that's life. I love the new tie, but I'm not sure it was right for this jacket. Would have preferred some lighter trousers, but all of my light grey non-nut-huggers are currently being hemmed or in need of hemming. Had a red border showing on the PS this morning, but I thought it was a bit over the top. First pic definitely most representative of colour.
Mrqkp.jpg
SuVuD.jpg

My secretary thanks you for posting the disclaimer about the top pic being more representative color-wise. The second pic made me so angry I gave chase ready to maim her with a pair of dull hedge trimmers. Just before I started cutting she mentioned "IT'S NOT REPRESENTATIVE, COLOR-WISE!!!!!!!!!" She's lucky, this time. I am confused though. In the second pic, the one you say is not true to color, the shirt appears white. If it is truly white, then the first picture is off. If the shirt is indeed white, the tie is indeed red, and the jacket is not something that requires electricity, it looks like it may indeed be progress.

tesuquegolfer

Reaction score
DSCF7533.jpg

Nice PS, it contrasts the conservativeness of the overall outfit. To me it says, "Don't judge to quickly, I have a flair to me that you have not yet seeing."

Arnett

Reaction score
^^^
very nice setup, the texture of the tie really pops...

Edgar Allan Pwn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acridsheep
My secretary thanks you for posting the disclaimer about the top pic being more representative color-wise. The second pic made me so angry I gave chase ready to maim her with a pair of dull hedge trimmers. Just before I started cutting she mentioned "IT'S NOT REPRESENTATIVE, COLOR-WISE!!!!!!!!!" She's lucky, this time. I am confused though. In the second pic, the one you say is not true to color, the shirt appears white. If it is truly white, then the first picture is off. If the shirt is indeed white, the tie is indeed red, and the jacket is not something that requires electricity, it looks like it may indeed be progress.
lol8[1].gif
The shirt is completely blown out in the second pic, which might be why it looks so white, and it is indeed white. I should also clarify that portions of the first pic is most representative of the colour of the jacket, although it's still a bit over-saturated. It's tan, and not nearly as loud as it appears. Best pic for colour of the tie http://i.imgur.com/yJG7P.jpg, and jacket http://s1094.photobucket.com/albums/...tssuits055.jpg I'm normally a decent photographer, but I just fall to pieces when I have to go from my magic bag full of lenses and other goodies to this god damn iPhone...

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Working Stiff
This jacket looks awfully short for what is otherwise such a conservative outfit. Maybe with slimmer pants it would look OK, but here it looks off.

While it may appear short, it measures exactly right on me. The ideal length is half the distance from the collar to the floor, and that's what this is.

Perhaps the pants could be slimmer, but they're also rippling in the back due to a too-long back rise (I think), which makes them look baggier. I need to either wear braces with them or get them altered.

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last chance to wear my tweed jacket before autumn?

DSC01914.jpg
DSC01912.jpg

For those (HF and MoK, IIRC) who were asking/commenting about the jacket length and button-stance of the last suit I posted: Sorry for not replying earlier. The suit was one of my more recent MTMs from Suitsupply with a standard (for 46 European size) jacket length and button stance slightly lower than their RTW cut. I think the camera angle was exaggerating both the height of the top button and the shortness of the jacket.

In that light, today's fit is an interesting comparison as it includes my only RTW jacket from Suitsupply - so actually has a slightly higher button stance than most of my stuff... Now I've pointed this out, no doubt everyone will suddenly notice and object.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads