• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i wasn't going to get them, but after reading all you guys getting them, i think I might have to.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tit_tyrant;4320496 said:
Should have asked if nubuck was an option but I didn't. Was anyone else offered any options besides the oiled?

They said they can toppy them as well and I agreed. $304 shipped[/QUO

I got the nubuck

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Yeah i called yesterday. I'm hoping the nubuck is sturdy enough, anybody have experience with the touch and feel of the nubuck. Just ask them. I think however they only have a certain amount material wise b/c they had to check before they put the order though.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone have photos of the oiled brown or whatever brown in available. is this just the same as the W+H brown 1-2 years back?

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys should throw them in the washing machine for that WH vibe

babump

Reaction score
Anyone have pictures of the nubuck or charcoal grey suede material for the Dayton boots? Also what color is the nubuck?

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ mine new. i'd say they are more charcoal than black. the flash really washed out the color. more often than people see them as black boots instead of "oh hey, nice charcoal boots"

IMG_2552.jpg

IMG_2554-1.jpg

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mischief
Sick! Is that the W+H version or they Dayton version?

w+h version, but from what i'm gathering, the nubucks (which these are nubuck) are available, it'll be like these.

*disclaimer* i haven't really read the thread, so i'm not sure what's available and what's not.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone have a picture of charcoal grey suede?

also are the nubuck and grey suede the same price as the typical oiled black? contemplating of changing my order but i do like the regular oiled black

RTEmagicC_wings-horns-leather-service-boot.jpg.jpg

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey, those charcoal and oiled boots look very good.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
anyone have a picture of charcoal grey suede?also are the nubuck and grey suede the same price as the typical oiled black? contemplating of changing my order but i do like the regular oiled black

i'm pretty sure the grey "suede" people are referring to are the nubucks.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
i'm pretty sure the grey "suede" people are referring to are the nubucks.

Yes there are only 3 choices oil black / oil brown and nubuck which I'm hoping is the above minus the distress. Bdeuce can you comment on how sturdy is the nubuck? Can they take a beating? Wanna abuse them a bit to get that worn in look.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads