• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
I'd been taking it pretty easy this week, but went with 4 this morning - and it's back at 70 degrees and humid as heck - so I took my time on the last loop around the 'hood, and ended up doffing the shirt. I doubt I'll wear a shirt for any of my runs this season.

I dunno how you do it man, when I lived in Houston I took May through October off and made up the rest of the year.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alliswell
The 59th St and Williamsburg bridges? Great route.

13.1 today in Hudson and Bergen counties.

Yes, its a great route. Protip: End in Greenpoint with Peter Pan Donuts.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Future.Style
I am wondering, how do you guys have dedication to run? I need to jog, but I just do not have the proper dedication. I would love it if you guys can give me any tricks as to motivating myself to jog.

sign up for a race! That is how I got into running. The more you run the better you feel also, so you will get addicted if you stick with it for a few months.

First 20 miler of this training cycle tonight. The run was hard endurance wise, but I am very happy that no nagging pain cropped up. Even better, some stuff that had been bugging me has really dropped off. I did the first 13.1 in like 1:31 and then slowed down, but not dramatically.
I ate one packet of shot blocks which I enjoy - they taste like fruit snacks.
Just under 76 miles for the week.

mylesmyles

Reaction score
Friday - 5.5 miles in CP in 36:23
Saturday - 19.6 miles in CP in 2:21:19
Sunday - 5.1 miles over the Queensboro Bridge in 33:50

Finally broke 40+ miles for the week, now need to get 50+ for this coming week.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
I dunno how you do it man, when I lived in Houston I took May through October off and made up the rest of the year.

Sometimes I step outside and start laughing, it's such a damn sauna. This season I'm going at it shirtless which helps a bit (also running before daybreak so I don't offend), and if I recall correctly, it's a 2-3 week acclimation, and then things don't suck SO badly. That said, both half-marathons this year were 70+ degrees and quite humid - Aramco was 96% humidity, and Angie's couldn't have been a whole lot lower - so even in the winter, the weather can be bad, and therefore I kinda have to toughen up. Although back when I ran on sidewalks, I ran through every sprinkler I could find!

Today, 4 miles, 29:45. Felt pretty good.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did 12.5 miles in the Secret spot, trying to figure out a course for May 29th Giffnasty Fat Ass run, found this off the beaten path trail that extends about 2.5 miles in a very hilly and tree studded section, it had just been burned (intentionally for the undergrowth), so it was very other worldly. i did not take pics as I wanted to get uninterrupted time in the trails.
Very taxing run from an effort standpoint, I ran with my Dad, so I had to usually wait at the end of the climbs.
My bad ankle is very sore today, which concerns me alot, but I will likely do a nice 5-7 mile shake out run today.
My totals for the week are around 45 miles.
20+ of these are on technical trails.

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An easy 12k this morning along a river before hitting the library to study for exams.
Sun, morning air, a woodpecker, a kingfisher, some rising fish and few squirrels made my day
smile.gif

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
havent run in awhile lately and have had a break for the past 2 weeks or so from any cardio due to all the machines at my apt gym being all broken and no one fixing it. so i managed to go out this last saturday for a run at night and did 9+ miles and it was a blast.

but then i went to do it this sunday afternoon, and my iliotibial band gave out again. that dam thing always tense up after the first run. i went half mile and then i had to sit at a bus stop for 5 minutes to stretch it out. then went a quarter mile then stopped. walked all the way then.

massaging my IT band all day today. going to see how it goes tonite.

Originally Posted by Thomas
So, this is me around the finish of last weekend's half. I was soaked from the humidity - to the point where my shoes were squishing...which upsets me to an irrational degree.
d7bDS.jpg

I'd been taking it pretty easy this week, but went with 4 this morning - and it's back at 70 degrees and humid as heck - so I took my time on the last loop around the 'hood, and ended up doffing the shirt. I doubt I'll wear a shirt for any of my runs this season.

so this is the great Thomas ^ !! nice to finally see you!
i should put up a picture of myself running too. dont know how im going to achieve that.

604Coast

Reaction score
First post in this thread. Did 4 miles today...using the Nike+ coach programme for half-marathon training. Have my fingers crossed my knees hold out in these first few weeks.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8 today. was hoping to double but it wasnt in the cards. . . .
Met with these ladies who I am doing the Ragnar relay with next friday (from Huntington Beach to San Diego) - should be interesting. I am actually getting pretty pumped for it! I am running the hardest leg, but the team I am on has a pretty decent pace marked out (9 min/miles vs. a whole ton of 11-12 minute mile teams). I have some friends who are running the same leg on different teams so hopefully I will get to see some of them.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6 miles, but I felt as if I was running like a slug. Still more exciting than watching the Butler/UConn game. What a ZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
6.7 miles this morning, strangely 49 degrees outside so it was quite pleasant. 49:21

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
havent run in awhile lately and have had a break for the past 2 weeks or so from any cardio due to all the machines at my apt gym being all broken and no one fixing it. so i managed to go out this last saturday for a run at night and did 9+ miles and it was a blast.

but then i went to do it this sunday afternoon, and my iliotibial band gave out again. that dam thing always tense up after the first run. i went half mile and then i had to sit at a bus stop for 5 minutes to stretch it out. then went a quarter mile then stopped. walked all the way then.

massaging my IT band all day today. going to see how it goes tonite.

so this is the great Thomas ^ !! nice to finally see you!
i should put up a picture of myself running too. dont know how im going to achieve that.

Sign up for a race! they always have photographers on-course - you just have to be aware of them and smile at the right times. Most of my pics don't feature smiles; in fact in some pics I look like there's a railroad spike being driven into my ribs. ah well.

re: IT band, try stretching it - when mine flared up I stretched it at the hip, took roughly a week and it never came back.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6 mile repeats this morning. Thomas, it was strangely warm this morning. I forgot that humidity makes you sweat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads