• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by appolyon
No.

Errr...'no' you've never heard of them? You really didn't need to respond in that case...
confused.gif

"6"

Reaction score
Originally Posted by minch
Are herringbone suits really fuilly canvassed- just looks at lunch and most seemed to be fused.

Maybe they used to be or maybe I just picked the wrong ones?

Not sure if all their suits are, but the 2 I got are definitely fully canvassed. This was confirmed by a tailor when I brought my suits in for alterations. I suspect that they have suits with varying ranges of quality as I have noticed that not all their suits have horn buttons, but mine do.

"6"

Reaction score
Originally Posted by labravajazz
- A question I do have however is - does anyone on here have both Loake's and C&J's in their shoe collection? I am looking to buy my first pair of C&Js and want to get the sizing just right.

Yes I do - and can say pretty confidently the sizing is very similar between Loake and CJ, depending of course on comparing similar shape and style.[/quote]

Agreed. I own loake on the 026 and a CJ on the 348. 026 is roomier, but i take the same size in both

JohnsNotHere

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tobiasj
Errr...'no' you've never heard of them? You really didn't need to respond in that case...
confused.gif

I believe he meant no to your second question, which is the correct response.

bhall41

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Journeyman
In my opinion, suits and odd jackets is where Herringbone really shines. Suits are well-made, nicely fitted, with lightly padded shoulders and some interesting fabrics. The same goes for odd jackets. Given the quality, the design and the fabrics, they're well-priced, particularly given the Australian market.

+1

NiFTY

Reaction score
has anybody in brisbane been to richards and richards yet - it is pretty good, borrelli, isaia, faconnable. shoes they have sutor and silvano lattanzi. one pair of lattanzis is a whiskey wholecut with an engraved "cock and balls" on the inner leg (medial) side of the vamp at the level of top eyelet - bizarre. worth the trip for that alone. the borrelli shirts are $395 (smaller buttons but handwork everywhere - didn't think they were doing that anymore), they have some isaia and borrelli SCs for 1000 on sale and the isaia suits start around $3000 - not awful full retail prices for oz, i will definately head back around saletime.

corey.m

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hidepenny
Do they always have an outlet? Or is it like a place they use temporarily when they have a sale just like any other cities?

Thx

They have an outlet in Sydney at 118 Commonwealth St Surry Hills.

They currently have:

Ties for $30 to $70.
The Howard Yount style chinos for $50.
Last seasons shorts for $50.
Some wool and cotton cardigans for $100.
Lots of shirts in size L -> XXL for $70 - $120.
Navy hopsack jackets with suede elbow patches in size 42 and 44 for $199 (IIRC)
One tan with lavender highlights glen plaid odd jacket in in size 36 for $199.
Lots of seasonal suits, mostly in pinstripes and windowpanes for $599 - mostly size 42+.

I snapped a few pictures of the available ties when I was there on the week end for my interstate mates.

I live close by so I can proxy items if any one is interested. Drop me a PM.

__PG__

Reaction score
Originally Posted by minch
The one i tried on was $1700 retail and hopefully they will drop a fair bit at Harrolds sale time??? But even at that price, they are one of the cheaper full canvassed suit options around from what i have seen. Worth a look if you are in deperate need of a suit at full retail price.
They go on sale to under $1000. A mate of mine bought one in the summer sale. I haven't seen it first hand yet.

ryanohare

Reaction score
Originally Posted by corey.m
They have an outlet in Sydney at 118 Commonwealth St Surry Hills.

They currently have:

Ties for $30 to $70.
The Howard Yount style chinos for $50.
Last seasons shorts for $50.
Some wool and cotton cardigans for $100.
Lots of shirts in size L -> XXL for $70 - $120.
Navy hopsack jackets with suede elbow patches in size 42 and 44 for $199 (IIRC)
One tan with lavender highlights glen plaid odd jacket in in size 36 for $199.
Lots of seasonal suits, mostly in pinstripes and windowpanes for $599 - mostly size 42+.

I snapped a few pictures of the available ties when I was there on the week end for my interstate mates.

Am I the only one who finds their slimfit shirts not very slim?

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tobiasj
confused.gif

Sorry mate, was running out of the office and it was in response to the second question.

Originally Posted by JohnsNotHere
I believe he meant no to your second question, which is the correct response.

Correct and thanks.

Originally Posted by corey.m

I think that if someone was to buy Herringbones better stock (i.e. the classics) in sizes 38-42 and flip them on the forum they could make a very good little side profit.

lennier

Reaction score
Sighting?
Dark suit, pink patterned tie and wide brim Fedora (I think) walking south down Bank Place this morning. SF in the wild?

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brando = Be Brando?
If so, from pictures they look glued...

__PG__

Reaction score
I visited the Canali store in Sydney when I visited in November and was very impressed with the range. The front half of the store is all casual wear..sports jackets galore in interesting fabrics (wool, linen, silk etc) and great colours (it was the summer range) and lots of nice shirts.

The back half of the store ...whilst full of standard-fare corporate suiting..also had some lovely linen suits..a few double breasted etc.

Shame about the prices!

What is the Perth store like? Full of charcoal grey work suits or a bit more variety?

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Does anyone get the JH Cutler email? If not, here is an excerpt from today's email.

Autumn Tie Sale from $100

To give you the opportunity to experience the enjoyment of owning and wearing some of the very best silk ties in the world, I am offering my clients, for a limited time only, the chance to purchase Stefano Ricci and Dormeuil pure silk ties at greatly reduced prices.

Florence based Stefano Ricci is considered by many to be the leading tie designer in the world. I have an extensive range of his ties that normally retail for between $380 and $425 available for just $250 each.

The French fashion house Dormeuil has been at the forefront of men and women's fashion since 1842. I have 100 of their silk ties available on a first come first served basis at $100 each.

At these prices demand is sure to be brisk so I suggest you call into our showroom on the 6th floor of 12 O'Connell Street as soon as you can. During your visit you might also like to have a look at other fashion accessories that we have in stock including Italian leather belts, socks, cufflinks, braces and Irish linen handkerchiefs.
facepalm.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads