• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
agreed, looks like hot garbaggio

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
200388920.gif

karmaguy

Reaction score
Since the nanamica was denied, does anyone have a good suggestions for a good quality, year round jacket that's not Barbour? Preferably waterproof and not too heavy. I thought about that Gant Rugger Traveler Jacket but I wasn't sure if it was great quality or not.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Barbour is kind of the ne plus ultra for a jacket like the one you want, I think. But why not wear a cotton sportcoat instead? You could even get one with buttoned flaps/working cuffs/throat latch if you wanted.

karmaguy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
Barbour is kind of the ne plus ultra for a jacket like the one you want, I think. But why not wear a cotton sportcoat instead? You could even get one with buttoned flaps/working cuffs/throat latch if you wanted.

Hmmm sounds interesting, can you think of any examples? Maybe something by engineered garments or the like?

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by colabear
@ scott I was leaning towards that one because it doesn't look like something that I already have. I own a tiny Prada camouflage messenger that can only hold an Iphone and a wallet. I also have a beaten up olive green leather tote that still serves it's purpose but not fun to use anymore. When I saw the Comme bag in person, I was like " wow! this is so 2011". I like it's bold statement and the bag is expandable from the sides so I can make it wider or keep it thin when just carrying a laptop. I only plan to use this bag during my one day off like when I want to carry my laptop to Starbucks and when going shopping. I hate carrying shopping bags.

@ holly camouflage is cool and a simple way to add a bold statement with my maturing-boring wardrobe of plain button downs and casual pants, jeans, and plain knits. and I don't own anything from Junya who I have to say is my favorite men's designer right now. However, the quality of the leather is questionable having been manufactured by Vanson and only retailing for $425. Not saying that it's cheap but it's a little modest for a Junya item.

The Leather pieces are fantastic by Vanson, not sure where that justification comes from. But at the end of the day for your needs the CDG is better. I'd recommend looking into TNF Purple Label.

NameBack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
This looks boring. Small plaid-lined hood is Gap status.

I don't hate it, but it definitely doesn't seem worth the price.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having handled Nanamica I say do it. It isn't extravagent by any means but ******* is all so well crafted and as far as a rain/performance piece of outerwear goes they bridge the gap between function and the "heritage" aesthetic. Do it.

dmass1

Reaction score
Pass on the nanamica jacket, KarmaGuy - not worth the price in my opinion

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
serious question -- is your opinion based on having handled it ?

dmass1

Reaction score
Not that particular jacket, but I've handled other nanamica jackets. Actually I agree that the construction and materials are top notch, but they are extremely expensive and I'm not a huge fan of the styling on that jacket - kind of boring

I do like their toggle coat though (I think its called "hills gore-tex).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads