• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5'9", wish I was 6". Though it is funny when I go back to 'nam and everyone already tells me I'm a giant.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd keep my height where I am at. Mellow, hope you're staying up and taking care of yourself.

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fluery
dope, Synthese. Really like your style.

yup, that was a nice clean fit. Thanks Scott! I do wish I were a bit taller so I could wear trench or long coats.

pfurey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mellowfellow
yup, that was a nice clean fit. Thanks Scott! I do wish I were a bit taller so I could wear trench or long coats.

Do it anyway. It's all about proportions and yours are good.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
du on left looks like one of those fashion **** and du on the right looks like he found the ricks in a dumpster

Lol, I thought this was a post from a 2011'er at first. I agree about the second fit, I don't get people who think ROs look nice when "beat up" if I ever buy any prolly would sell before they get in that stage with the pee stains

pfurey

Reaction score
nothing looks nice beat up except raw denim.

sorry bros.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
GN, for whatever it's worth to you, the sneakers are barely laced, and there's no fabric tucked into them. I'd guess that's just how they look..I could take the laces out for you?
If that's just how they look then cool, it's just not the silhouette that i'm used to in relation to viewing rick dunks on the internet so I figured they might be laced/worn in a special way. I'm honestly not trying to hate and I think the shoes are sick as hell. But you see what i mean about the peanut shape that occurs in your picture vs. the more square shape of the ones I posted? P.S. Nothing i own that I think fits "perfect" except for shoes and ties isn't altered or customized in some way
frown.gif

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW (currently trading at about .36 Zimbabwean dollars) I like the Rick dunks unlaced

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
du on left looks like one of those fashion **** and du on the right looks like he found the ricks in a dumpster

the guy on the right is user sphoxx from superfuture. he is actually a cool person.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
also, damn. every day i look at this thread im thankful im tall. height has soo much to do with how you look in clothes.

frown.gif

also mikey you'd look infinitely better if you learned how to style. example: unbutton another button on the chambray. if you're going to go for hte high water look, get a pair of jeans and hem them high up, then cuff them once. the super cuff makes you look like a short dork.

this is something I'm trying to work on as well. Is there a rule as to when one extra button unbuttoned looks better? looking at that fit now, I think I agree.

as far as the jeans go, yeah I also agree. I just had my khakis and cords hemmed to have just a little break so that I can cuff them once for the cropped look. Unfortunately, buying another pair of denim isn't really an option right now so if I want cuffed jeans I have to do 3 cuffs at least (2 cuffs is no break, 1 cuff has some stacking). meh. all things to think about. thanks.

NameBack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the sleeves aren't supposed to cover so much of your hands. it's just.. a weird jacket cut. the issue is on the older versions (like jet has), there was a nice banded cuff. improved the fit a lot. i love the bland ass direction ervell has gone, but ive just NEVER understood that jacket. ive always put it in my gilt cart cause its so cheap, then remembered why its so bad.

also I think the facial hair makes you look too jewish. and as a jew with facial hair, I'm coming from a place of love.

Haha, yeah my Jewish friends have often called me an honorary MoT. I've got the facial hair and the neuroses for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads