• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
jacket looks like some american apparel steez

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
dude he's wearing a graphic t-shirt, shorts, and boring shoes. It isn't necessarily a bad fit, but there's nothing good or interesting about it. He just looks like any dude off the street.

again, i'm going to appeal to you being and knowing nothing. you ask sizing questions about j crew oxfords.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
again, i'm going be a dick instead of explaining what's so great about kiya's fit.
FTFY. Seriously. There are 3 pieces. It can't be that hard to point out what's remarkable about any of them. I'm going to hold judgement because i know nothing about Visvim shoes and mr. freedom shorts. (Didn't find CP's remarkable either till i saw them irl). Kiya, being the proprietor of a specialty boutique probably has reasons behind wearing such unassuming looking clothing, but being a dick and withholding information because someone doesn't have the same knowledge as you just makes you an immature asshole.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah i am going to be a dick instead of explaining. how would you feel if you just post "nice fit" and then some new jack comes and starts questioning you.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
mikey do you go to umbc?

nah, jhu. I have a friend who's a junior at umbc.

Originally Posted by melonadejello
Really dude?

figured this would come up. I never said my fit was particularly good or interesting. Neither did kiya, but westside complimented kiya's fit which, to me, was just a boring t-shirt or shorts (ok, maybe the shorts or shoes are awesome in real life, but they look fairly mediocore online). Just pointing out that I don't understand why some fits get so much love on here.

again, i'm going to appeal to you being and knowing nothing. you ask sizing questions about j crew oxfords.

not sure what jcrew oxfords have to do with this discussion. yeah, I buy most of my clothing on the internet because I don't have access to the physical stores? what does that have to do with anything?

please. enlighten me.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah i am going to be a dick instead of explaining. how would you feel if you just post "nice fit" and then some new jack comes and starts questioning you.
If such a fit required special knowledge to appreciate, i'd drop that knowledge to benefit the n00b. We don't all sprout from the womb understanding it. But I like sharing knowledge and educating people and don't get my rocks off bullying people on the internet.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mikey, I really just don't think I've ever seen someone with so little room to speak talk so much **** and not get called out on it. I don't know if it's cause you're more subtle about it or if people don't want to offend or what. Just constantly overstepping your bounds man.

I'm not even trying to be mean, just step back a little.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mikey, I really just don't think I've ever seen someone with so little room to speak talk so much **** and not get called out on it. I don't know if it's cause you're more subtle about it or if people don't want to offend or what. Just constantly overstepping your bounds man.

I actually have no idea what you're talking about. I said kiya's fit was a graphic t-shirt, shorts, and boring shoes and didn't deserve praise. is anything in that wrong? should we praise his graphic t-shirt fit because he owns self edge? or is my noobness not allowing me to appreciate the aesthetic beauty in the Self Edge logo on that blank t-shirt?

pfurey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
sneakers are dope. a good leather would put this over the top!!
what are the shipley pants made of?

yeah I feel you. waiting for my toj to arrive in hopefully 2ish weeks.

pants are 98/99% cotton.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mikey, tbh you do talk a lot of ****.

gastarbeider

Reaction score

applause.gif

pfurey

Reaction score
he must live in a place where 3 inch selvedge cuffs and gap chambrays get beezys wet.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but both of you look boring. Have to say Kiya looks a little more boring, but between shorts a t shirt and white sneakers and someone wearing a shirt, jeans and white sneakers theres not much difference.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
alright, I'll tone down my **** talking.

but, for the record, can some one point out what is so good about kiya's fit?

~edit~
fuji, I know I look boring, I'm not arguing that. hell, I know my fit is a step below the majority of fits here, I'm not really debating any of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads