• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lefty's random dog thread.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
im thinking of adopting a dog - really miss having one, and hopefully will be in a good situation for one soon. does anyone know of a good beagle/cocker spaniel rescue on the east coast (va would be best)

IronRock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
Dude...

Dunno how you did that... but it was kewl.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Mblova

Reaction score

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Aussie boar hounds against a number of animals including African Wart Hogs.

This is multiple dog on animal hunting - don't view if that bothers you. 4:17 is quite interesting.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
lefty

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Need your opinions on a new dog for the person that I take care of. Here's the criteria:

-Can't be too big. Physical issues + back problems = unable to lift heavy weights. Probably under 30lbs to be best (maybe even lighter.)

-Can't be too active - I think the dog will be excellent to help this person get out of the house and be more active, but they're probably physically unable to take the dog out 5 times a day, nor are they going to be able to run a mile with it. In fact, there will be no running after this dog what so ever.

-Good temperament and plays well with others - I'd like it to help them out as a social bridge, not be the one dog that nobody likes seeing around because all it does it bark loudly and snarl at other people.

-Doesn't necessarily need to be a puppy. In fact, it might be easier for them to get a dog from the pound, thus avoiding all the physical exertion involved in puppy care.

I might update this later but that's all I've got for now. Any suggestions?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It should be easy to find this dog. Pretty much any older dog at a shelter should fit the bill as they are almost impossible to adopt out. If the person has a particular breed they like, look for a rescue organization. Again, they will have older dogs that are difficult to place.

Are you sure this person is up for a dog? Would regular visits from a therapy dog be a better solution?

lefty

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It should be easy to find this dog. Pretty much any older dog at a shelter should fit the bill as they are almost impossible to adopt out. If the person has a particular breed they like, look for a rescue organization. Again, they will have older dogs that are difficult to place.

Are you sure this person is up for a dog? Would regular visits from a therapy dog be a better solution?

lefty

Rambo, wasn't the person recently diagnosed with cancer? I think a dog will be great, but Lefty's suggestion of a therapy dog might be a better option worth exploring.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is multiple dog on animal hunting - don't view if that bothers you. 4:17 is quite interesting.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
lefty

The dog "Black" in the African sequence is almost a dead-ringer for my Tosa Cyrus. Most of the dogs look like bandog types.

The dog being tossed by the wild bull in Australia is reminiscent of some of the old-time bull-baiting engravings.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It should be easy to find this dog. Pretty much any older dog at a shelter should fit the bill as they are almost impossible to adopt out. If the person has a particular breed they like, look for a rescue organization. Again, they will have older dogs that are difficult to place. Are you sure this person is up for a dog? Would regular visits from a therapy dog be a better solution? lefty
I was thinking it might be harder to find a "smaller" dog in that field but I'll definitely keep it in mind. I believe they're up for a dog. Its been a topic of conversation for some time now and they specifically chose this apartment because pets are allowed. I want them to get a dog so they have to get out of the house and walk it. Otherwise, they'll just sit inside and watch Law & Order re-runs all day long.
Originally Posted by JayJay
Rambo, wasn't the person recently diagnosed with cancer? I think a dog will be great, but Lefty's suggestion of a therapy dog might be a better option worth exploring.
I believe the cancer is relatively minor, thankfully, and not something that'll require constant care or keep them from moving around at all. I was thinking Pug or Beagle. Thoughts?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't screw with a long horned bull. Five revolutions in the air and he lands on his back, but still walks away. Actually, he had the good sense to run away.

lefty

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lefty

Damn you Lefty, every time you post a video I get caught up in YouTube land. Chasing links led me to these videos on dog fighting in Kabul. Interesting piece. They call them mastiffs, does that look accurate to you Jan? Are they related to the Anatolian in any way?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lucfz...has_verified=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIHLM...eature=related

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I was thinking it might be harder to find a "smaller" dog in that field but I'll definitely keep it in mind.

I believe they're up for a dog. Its been a topic of conversation for some time now and they specifically chose this apartment because pets are allowed. I want them to get a dog so they have to get out of the house and walk it. Otherwise, they'll just sit inside and watch Law & Order re-runs all day long.

I believe the cancer is relatively minor, thankfully, and not something that'll require constant care or keep them from moving around at all.

I was thinking Pug or Beagle. Thoughts?

I agree w/lefty - check the shelters for an older, small, low activity dog. There's a 10 yr old Maltese that just came up at our local shelter whose owner died. A perfect, low energy lap dog.

Definitely NOT a beagle!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads