• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Where ? I seem not to be able to find it

dasai

Reaction score
Could someone with C&J's in multiple colors maybe post a few side-by-side pics? I'm most interested in the difference between dark brown and beechnut, the chestnut-mahogany-tan gradation, and the various shades of suede. The website makes them all look mostly the same.

Also, don't use ImageShack. I have no interest in frogs.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Paradox_SWE

Reaction score
Hi everybody!
That is first time i post on SF forum.
Just wanted to say that it was great idea to create this thread, it is to little attention towards C&J at SF. Anyone could answer why? Anyway i got only 3 pairs with my last purchase of C&J in shell cordovan. Visited London a week ago and got outstanding service in C&J shop, as it suppose to be, was quiet surprised by non service oriented individual greetings in EG shop close by. The guy was occupied more by computer than customers!

Pictures take by iPhone, sorry for quality!

IMG_0612.jpg

IMG_0611.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

By the way can anyone advise on why i am getting this white stains on Cordovan shoes? Is it the colourpain coming out?

Roguls

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Paradox_SWE
IMG_0609.jpg

By the way can anyone advise on why i am getting this white stains on Cordovan shoes? Is it the colourpain coming out?

That is oil in the cordovan making its way to the surface. You must wipe it down with a damp cloth and brush vigorously - I mean vigorously, too; probably 10 minutes or more. It's worth the effort, trust me.

legeartis

Reaction score
I just bought this used pair of C&J's. They are called Woodstock 2, and are AFAIK handgrades. Can anyone tell me when this model was in production?

cj.jpg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X post from Niche Shoe Appreciation - Medallions.

IMGP0333795x1280.jpg

trentlane669

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222
IMG_6170.jpg

I'm dying to find a pair of these. This was a BBBF shoe, correct? I think I remember seeing a pair come up in B&S at some point.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics