• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Toronto

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
I like living in toronto, but don't really see it as a tourist destination. NYC, much more so. It pisses me off that we don't have an Edward Green store, or even Edward Green within another store. Shopping here sucks by comparison to NY, at least for men. Women have it much better, with actual Chanel, LV, Prada, Hermes stores... NY has us beat by a long shot on entertainment too, but it's not like you can't find something to do, whether it's theater or opera, or a baseball/hockey/basketball game. Dining options here aren't bad, but wouldn't know what to suggest to 24 year olds. Maybe Terroni's or Libretto pizza? Bars/clubs? Ask someone else heh...
Originally Posted by tomgirl
Going to the CN tower, visiting the Hard Rock Cafe in Dundas Square, shopping in Eaton Centre, MAYBE going to the St. Lawrence market...and if you were REALLY brave...walking down Queen Street West past Bathurst.
uhoh.gif
Also, I'm so real that I'm too real for this thread.

Originally Posted by Working Stiff
Guu Izakaya is a fun place for dinner, though you have to wait for a table. Same thing for Black Hoof (which is pricier than Guu but also better). Woodlot seems to be the restaurant of the moment, and it's quite good if you can get a table. Eaton Centre / Yonge and Dundas is absolute Hell, but I guess tourists go there. Queen West is sort of fun, or Yorkville if that's more your speed. St Lawrence market is OK.
Originally Posted by wetnose
If it's a nice day and you really feel like walking, start at Yorkville in the morning. Then head down university avenue and check out the Royal Ontario Museum. Then wander around U of Toronto - some really old cool buildings there - some of them stand in for Harvard in some movies. Keep on heading south to Kensington Market then wander around a bit - it's next to Chinatown. Either have roast duck (yes it's awesome) or pho for dinner. Keep on heading south to Queen West for drinks.
I ended up going to the Blue Jays/Twins game, then went up the CN tower. Line wasnt too long so we were able to get to the top in less than an hour. After that we went to Chinatown for an early dinner. Had the best cup of pearl milk tea. mmm, pmt... then checked out Kensington Market and tried a different few patties. All in all was a great experience. Thanks guys and "girl" EDIT - I read some great reviews about SOMA Chocolatemaker located in the historic distillery district so I was hoping to try a cup of chocolate. Unfortunately they were closed (6pm) by the time we got there
ffffuuuu.gif
Have any of you been there and tried the hot chocolate?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oman
it's the people that bore me to death

dull as ****, imo

In a city as big as toronto you can't find someone you don't consider dull?
confused.gif

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
I ended up going to the Blue Jays/Twins game, then went up the CN tower. Line wasnt too long so we were able to get to the top in less than an hour. After that we went to Chinatown for an early dinner. Had the best cup of pearl milk tea. mmm, pmt... then checked out Kensington Market and tried a different few patties.

All in all was a great experience. Thanks guys and "girl"

EDIT - I read some great reviews about SOMA Chocolatemaker located in the historic distillery district so I was hoping to try a cup of chocolate. Unfortunately they were closed (6pm) by the time we got there
ffffuuuu.gif

I haven't tried the hot chocolate there, but I recieved a little box of their truffles for Valentine's Day and they were very good...very unique flavours and a good quality chocolate.

Also...wtf@girl being in "quotes"!

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR

I ended up going to the Blue Jays/Twins game, then went up the CN tower. Line wasnt too long so we were able to get to the top in less than an hour. After that we went to Chinatown for an early dinner. Had the best cup of pearl milk tea. mmm, pmt... then checked out Kensington Market and tried a different few patties.

All in all was a great experience. Thanks guys and "girl"

EDIT - I read some great reviews about SOMA Chocolatemaker located in the historic distillery district so I was hoping to try a cup of chocolate. Unfortunately they were closed (6pm) by the time we got there
ffffuuuu.gif

Soma is ok but the hot chocolate isn't a life-changing experience or anything.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Scarborough represent!

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In a city as big as toronto you can't find someone you don't consider dull?
confused.gif

well, i mainly try to hang around internationals. naturalized "citizens" of the GTA tend to have this terrible parochial mentality

Young Pro

Reaction score
Sweet thanks!

By egregious do you just say that because EG is expensive or because it'll be 20-30% above NYC prices like l'uomo in montreal?
frown.gif

the latter...

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomgirl
I haven't tried the hot chocolate there, but I recieved a little box of their truffles for Valentine's Day and they were very good...very unique flavours and a good quality chocolate. Also...wtf@girl being in "quotes"!
I tend to refer to any group as "guys" but not everyone in this group is male. I put "girl" in quotes because I wanted to make that distinction. Your SF name includes "girl" so I thought to make it more personal by actually referring to you by a part of your screen name.

oldseed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Scarborough represent!

scarborough does have good food.

patisserie royale has the best baklava in the world.

johnny's is a renowned late night burger place.

esquire, next to johnny's, has an excellent souvlaki/gyro plate.

empire shwarma has the best schwarma in the world.

and lots of other good mediterannean/mid-eastern food out there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads