• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rose04

Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
Just keep trying....there are only 1000 combos. I found a 3-digit luggage lock in the gutter at the airport once....had it open before the cab ride was over (on literally the *last* combo I tried...I started at 001 and the combo was 000)
Or to make it a little easier, you might try looking for the numbers on the lock that look the most worn down. I was able to open a similar Nordstrom case in under a minute that way. Good luck!

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
spam[1].gif
this guy might be in trouble....
tumblr_lhz66tov4W1qbop0c.gif

Kitontini

Reaction score
Went out to a couple different stores today. Walked away with a Zilli Tie. I haven't found anything in a few weeks! Talk about a Dry Spell......
plain.gif

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
could anyone identify this jacket?? what brooks brothers label is this?? couldn't find it on the website it will be making an appearance in B&S any day now fits like it was made for a fat guy with short arms!!!
laugh.gif
any interest beforehand ship me a PM
bb002a.jpg
bb002b.jpg
bb002e.jpg
bb002f.jpg

amadar

Reaction score
I don't know what it is but I keep finding vintage items made out of sea turtle. Its like I attract the little endangered guys......
peepwall[1].gif
(see link in my sig for my other sea turtle encounter)

Mint.....and by mint I mean never used/tag card still inside sea turtle wallet made by Amity, I'm guessing 50's or 60's by the look of the card and the fact that the manufacture of sea turtle products was banned beginning in the 70's. Anybody ever heard of Amity? Anyways, not really sure what to do with this, I don't carry a wallet, and not sure that it would be right to put this thing into circulation anyways, but obviously couldn't pass it up.

DSCN0950.jpg

DSCN0940.jpg

DSCN0942.jpg

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amadar
I don't know what it is but I keep finding vintage items made out of sea turtle. Its like I attract the little endangered guys......
peepwall[1].gif
(see link in my sig for my other sea turtle encounter)

Mint.....and by mint I mean never used/tag card still inside sea turtle wallet made by Amity, I'm guessing 50's or 60's by the look of the card and the fact that the manufacture of sea turtle products was banned beginning in the 70's. Anybody ever heard of Amity? Anyways, not really sure what to do with this, I don't carry a wallet, and not sure that it would be right to put this thing into circulation anyways, but obviously couldn't pass it up.

DSCN0950.jpg

DSCN0940.jpg

DSCN0942.jpg

im kinda intrigued by this and i need a new wallet,PM sent

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone please send me the post by the person who dyes his own shoes? I want to dye a pair to a simple black. All of the cobblers in LA have quoted me 45-65. The $ is not the issue. The issue is most of them say the dye doesnt last that long and etc etc. So, I'm thinking of possibly doing it myself. POSSIBLY

Cheers

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, Thrifty Gent.

Cheers

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
interesting day, i found some geoffery beene, keeneth cole and brooks brothers ties for $40 a piece, almost fell over!! i thought this is meant to be a thrit shop

then i came across, some nice stephano ricci for saks ties, super soft silk, length 61" width 3.5"

any interest PM me with an offer, i'll ship them to you for a nice cheap price

ricci001a.jpg

ricci001b.jpg

ricci002a.jpg

ricci002b.jpg

mistermidwester

Reaction score
Went to a usual haunt and found a really lovely Sulka tie and a NWT Ferragammo (with the Saks tag still on it). Was taking them up to purchase and realized the Sulka had a water spot that I didn't want to deal with, so I put it back.

Got to the register and realized that the Ferragammo had the polybarb stapled right through the front of the tie, visibly popping several silk threads and basically ruining it. I pointed this out to the cashier and she could have given a flip.
ffffuuuu.gif

dahl5yankees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the way home from church -- 3 Paul Stuart shirts and a Zegna tie = $20.
Later, went out and drove about 30 miles....2 Burberry shirts=$25.
Should've stayed home.

matstyleku

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dahl5yankees
On the way home from church -- 3 Paul Stuart shirts and a Zegna tie = $20.
Later, went out and drove about 30 miles....2 Burberry shirts=$25.
Should've stayed home.

Should've stopped at a church prior to the second outing.

Gas is making me rethink some of my thrifting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics