• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
yah, its really lame how much your facebook profile is social currency nowadays. You get completely judged by it by most.

Yup. Keep it to yourself at the start of things. Will make you more mysterious, anyways. No reason a girl you just met needs to have access to a bunch of photos and life updates from the last couple years.

Tangfastic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this one of those 'Rules' things? I read somewhere (maybe here) recently how the world would be a much better place if all the males and females who respectively used the game and the rules got together and settled down.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
I suppose the part that really annoys me is that she would go out of their way to say she thinks the next date will be "really fun" and then pull this BS. Why not just not answer me in the first place? I've never seen anything like that. Some people are just incredible.

Ironically she posted a letter to a politician about morality on her blog. She seems devoid of morals and common courtesy to me.

Calm the **** down man. You clearly don't deal with rejection well, but remember that it happens to everyone. Get over it.

People change their minds, maybe she thought it'd be fun at that moment but something or someone better came along. Who knows and who cares. You only went on one date with her. She doesn't owe you ****.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I suppose the part that really annoys me is that she would go out of their way to say she thinks the next date will be "really fun" and then pull this BS. Why not just not answer me in the first place? I've never seen anything like that. Some people are just incredible.

Ironically she posted a letter to a politician about morality on her blog. She seems devoid of morals and common courtesy to me.

Dude she flaked on a date with some overeager loser, she didn't sell her mother's organs on the black market.

Stop trying to read things, move on and if she calls you try to have a good time. Planning dates is lame anyway, just go out somewhere and have her be there.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
Yup. Keep it to yourself at the start of things. Will make you more mysterious, anyways. No reason a girl you just met needs to have access to a bunch of photos and life updates from the last couple years.
ya, I can't count how many times I friend bitches, and then they act totally different after because im not whatever image they had of me in their head.
Originally Posted by Fuuma
just go out somewhere and have her be there.
agreed, plus I get nervous and **** when its "planned." Its almost like im going through a screening process.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
Calm the **** down man. You clearly don't deal with rejection well, but remember that it happens to everyone. Get over it.

People change their minds, maybe she thought it'd be fun at that moment but something or someone better came along. Who knows and who cares. You only went on one date with her. She doesn't owe you ****.

Hell she could have been dating someone else too at the same time and made the decision to just focus on that guy.

I can't reiterate to the OP enough that you don't know this girl.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tangfastic
Is this one of those 'Rules' things? I read somewhere (maybe here) recently how the world would be a much better place if all the males and females who respectively used the game and the rules got together and settled down.
This. Not everyone was made for each other, but not wasting the other person's time is the right thing to do.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
ya, I can't count how many times I friend bitches, and then they act totally different after because im not whatever image they had of me in their head. agreed, plus I get nervous and **** when its "planned." Its almost like im going through a screening process.
I'll never understand people who plan some sort of restaurant+treasure chase bullshit when they could just be like "yo my friend is DJing next thursday, this is gonna be great, wanna drop by?" You're going anyway, plenty of people will be there including other girls and it's not some sort of lame "getting to know you under dimmed lights" bullshit. Get to know her after you guys have fucked. Going to an art gallery or to see a movie or play may be useful at some point cause you wanna know if you're talking to a cretin or not.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'll never understand people who plan some sort of restaurant+treasure chase bullshit when they could just be like "yo my friend is DJing next thursday, this is gonna be great, wanna drop by?" You're going anyway, plenty of people will be there including other girls and it's not some sort of lame "getting to know you under dimmed lights" bullshit. Get to know her after you guys have fucked. Going to an art gallery or to see a movie or play may be useful at some point cause you wanna know if you're talking to a cretin or not.

If she's a girl I just want to ****, sure. Otherwise, I kinda like to get to know them.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
She seems devoid of morals and common courtesy to me.

Dude, I told you already, she's not worth one more minute of your time. Go be awesome at something and let the chicks take care of themselves. Women are not a worthwhile pastime. There has got to be something more interesting in your life than this - or any - girl. Go work on that and give this *****-ass **** a break.

I will not tell you again.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alliswell
Dude, I told you already, she's not worth one more minute of your time.

Agreed

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

This, I don't try to make a chick my girl every attempt I get. I just try to have a good time. First of all most don't even qualify and sex is the objective. I was dating this japanese girl once and when we were at her apartment fooling around she made it clear she was dating two other guys as well and I said that was fine (I was dating another girl too but didn't mention it).

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
The best reply to a chick that blows you off at the last minute is

"No biggie at all, I'll ask somebody else. However, I do need to make a call right now, so lets talk soon"

Don't make any of the above sound like a threat or put any energy into the meaning. Just say it in a cheery, matter of factly way. It'll make her crazy. You've telegraphed that you've got options and this will broadside her. Don't be surprised if she changes her tune right then and there. Those magic words play directly on the natural competitive nature between women. It'll make her nuts that she has competition - even though that competition is with her imagination.

Usually not one for games but this actually is a pretty good line. Do one better and actually ask someone else.

OP: Nothing to do. Maybe she'll reschedule in which case cool. If not, oh well. Don't get hung up on this girl. And stop with the stalking. There is NOTHING to be gained driving yourself crazy with online shenangans.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Fuuma is wise.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
If she's a girl I just want to ****, sure. Otherwise, I kinda like to get to know them.
No one is stopping you from getting to know her but it is an organic thing not someone you can devote 3 hrs to in a controlled environment rife with the bullshit of presenting yourself as an eligible partner. My dentist thinks I'm funny cause when he asks if I've been doing bad things I'm like "I drink a lot of red wine, smoke a lot and drink plenty of coffee." he says most of his patients lie about their habits and he can see it 5 mins later when he's looking at their teeth. If people lie to their dentists cause they wanna look good how much are they going to bullshit you when you're having some fancy meal in a stress filled life partner interview, which is basically what organized dating boils down to.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads