• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Wodie

Reaction score
So say you accidentally gotten droplets of purell onto the brown boots.

I was in a hospital and the bathroom sink wasn't working, so I resorted to the purell station outside of it, only to have a few (3) droplets hit my boot. I wiped it off as I sat down... but the damage has been done. The leather has lighter colored spots that aren't too noticeable indoors but lights up as soon as I'm in the sun.

I cleaned it with Montana Pitch Blend's soap and then used their dressing on it with a lot of buffing in between it all. I just tried adding a little bit of Kiwi brown but the spots are still there, albeit a little less noticeable.

What can I do?

icelatte

Reaction score
Sorry to hear, but that's alcohol on leather so you can't buff it out. Polish will help but these boots mark so easily that I've taken the tact that events like yours just add to the "character" of the boot.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uh, they're also brogues...

agbassano

Reaction score
Originally Posted by meso
Uh, they're also brogues...

Hard for me to tell... must be the Montgomery (brogue) or Ascot. Both are $235 - it also says by "Wolverine 1000 Mile" - not that they ARE the 1000 Mile Boot... ya think they could have mentioned what model on their blog.

Thanks!

fitchottie

Reaction score
I went to try on some 1000 mile boots, but when trying them on the sizes that fit best were 11.5d and a 10.5eee, The 10.5eee seemed to have arch support where the 11.5d did not. I normally where 12 in Nikes 11 in chucks...... but my foot measures 11.5 almost 12 on a braddock device and an e width.... what should I be going for?

100 yrs

Reaction score
here are my 1000 miles after having a rubber sole applied. $27 and an assurance i won't slip walking the forever wet seattle streets.

photo.JPG

illumin8em

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 100 yrs
here are my 1000 miles after having a rubber sole applied. $27 and an assurance i won't slip walking the forever wet seattle streets.

photo.JPG

this is real nice. I wish I had a trustworthy cobbler near me so I could do the same to a few.

Also, how are you getting a shine on these. My fist pair bought when first released were black, and the leather was more rigid with a bit of a luster that would come back with a bit of a buff. The new pair that I have are much more supple, and the leather feels almost oil tanned, and almost gunky.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

photo.JPG

I also live in Seattle and am looking to get a rubber sole for my 1000 Miles. Which cobbler did you go to?

100 yrs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bl@ster
I also live in Seattle and am looking to get a rubber sole for my 1000 Miles. Which cobbler did you go to?

i took them to emerald city shoe repair at 3rd and union downtown. j. gilbert recommended them.

and to illumin8em, i haven't polished these, only hit them with a horsehair brush after wearing. i think it was just the glare from my office windows.

DC Office Hack

Reaction score
They look fantastic. How long have you had them? How much do you wear them?

i took them to emerald city shoe repair at 3rd and union downtown. j. gilbert recommended them.

and to illumin8em, i haven't polished these, only hit them with a horsehair brush after wearing. i think it was just the glare from my office windows.

poorman

Reaction score
If anyone is planning to buy a pair DEFINITELY go to Revolve. I got them in two days after the pre-order. $245 shipped which is the BEST price anywhere.

I just received my Tan Addison and they are AMAZING! I'm generally an 11 and went with a 10.5. Fits great with just enough room in the toes.

I'm not feeling the quick lace system though, haha. I'd rather go through the task of loosening my laces. I wonder if I can have eyelets placed in??? hmm.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads