• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
it's time we all use the same measuring tape. i'll volunteer mine, pm me your shipping addresses and i'll mail it out tomorrow morning. consistency ftw!

Tanner

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
The hell happened to this thread? Anyways, wore my Lanvins today, wasn't going to post pics but was trying out my new S95 and it took some decent pics.
uHKZF.jpg
KDv3j.jpg

****, pics were much sharper before I uploaded it to imgur, looks bad on tinypic too.
ffffuuuu.gif
Whats the best pic host so you don't lose quality of the pic?

Shoes and jeans don't work together. But shoes are amazing alone. And the rest is great with out those shoes. Also, anyone know Ann D sneaker sizing?

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
tts

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tailors tape ftw.

Maybe I'll contribute and add some sneakers to the list.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by margiela311
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=229974

sold these all white for $260, would ya look at that?

I'm really having a hard time understanding the fact that other people look at someone flipping something they bought for a profit in a negative light. You all know examples of iPhones, video games, video systems etc. that people camp out for and instantly flip them. You snooze you lose.

I'll have to side with dmash here; there is a sort of gentleman's agreement in a community and if links to sales get posted you don't buy all that **** and flip for a profit, you let actual wearers purchase their sizes.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I'll have to side with dmash here; there is a sort of gentleman's agreement in a community and if links to sales get posted you don't buy all that **** and flip for a profit, you let actual wearers purchase their sizes.

+1

do it if you want, i guess -- it's not illegal or against the rules -- but don't be indignant when people think you're an asshole for doing it

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
i don't agree with predatory buying/flipping that sometimes takes place--i think this is against the spirit of the forum--but the price being offered is not unreasonable either. hard to judge, but i'd wager a guess that had the yoox link not been posted reflecting the 180$ tag or whatever a lot more people would express interest at buying for > 220$ bnib

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are mine. I am getting different measurements from what is already on that list. I think the CP low numbers for 42 and 42 are wrong, as they are listed as the same length.

Cp hi 43---30.5cm
Cp low 43 ----30.5cm
Rafstro 43---30.5cm
Lanvin Hi uk9----30.6cm

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A question/suggestion about the Matrix, is it possible to freeze the panes for the top row so that when you scroll down you don't get lost in the sizes? It's more for convenience that anything but it is an improvement, I kind of get lost once I scroll down and all I see are measurement, I am not sure if the measurement I am looking at is a 41 or a 42, etc... I have to scroll all the way back up to figure it out.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
^Done, 44s are 31.5, 45s are 32.25, either something is fucked or the 10s and 11s are the same length. I measured 2 pairs.

Originally Posted by DLester
Here are mine. I am getting different measurements from what is already on that list. I think the CP low numbers for 42 and 42 are wrong, as they are listed as the same length.

Cp hi 43---30.5cm
Cp low 43 ----30.5cm
Rafstro 43---30.5cm
Lanvin uk9----30.6cm

great thanks you two. I will update them with your guys'. i think there were some incorrect measurements as well.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Yes I have often thought of how the buy and sell on this website provides a fitting metaphorical construct for Darwinism.

******* lol.

Not to mention social Darwinism is an entirely discredited theory...

I once had a member message me about a pair of Dior jeans and I found them for him on sale for like $180 (these weren't raws) and sent them to him, he later flipped them on superfuture, not cool.

I'm sure margiela or whatever will be along shortly to tell me how that's ok as we're economic agents and nothing else but I don't post sales anymore or hardly help out people with **** and I have access to a lot of them (get invited to privates sales, showroom samples, travel a lot etc).

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
A question/suggestion about the Matrix, is it possible to freeze the panes for the top row so that when you scroll down you don't get lost in the sizes? It's more for convenience that anything but it is an improvement, I kind of get lost once I scroll down and all I see are measurement, I am not sure if the measurement I am looking at is a 41 or a 42, etc... I have to scroll all the way back up to figure it out.

no thats not possible. the idea is you can simply click on an entry and you get a much better view.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
no thats not possible. the idea is you can simply click on an entry and you get a much better view.

That's true, like I said, more a convenience thing.
biggrin.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads