• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Toronto

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
I am 24. Taking a day trip from Detroit. Visiting a few friends in Michigan and they want to see Toronto. Down for good food and a few sights. Probably head back to Detroit in the evening.

******* is magnificent during sunset.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
******* is magnificent during sunset.
wow.gif

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't think of too many non touristy places to go. Maybe Kensington Market? If only because it has less of a touristy feel to it and it's unlike any other part of the downtown core:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like living in toronto, but don't really see it as a tourist destination. NYC, much more so. It pisses me off that we don't have an Edward Green store, or even Edward Green within another store. Shopping here sucks by comparison to NY, at least for men. Women have it much better, with actual Chanel, LV, Prada, Hermes stores... NY has us beat by a long shot on entertainment too, but it's not like you can't find something to do, whether it's theater or opera, or a baseball/hockey/basketball game.

Dining options here aren't bad, but wouldn't know what to suggest to 24 year olds. Maybe Terroni's or Libretto pizza? Bars/clubs? Ask someone else heh...

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
See me!

Just kidding. Go and do typical touristy things, because god knows whatever I suggest will get ignored anyway.
frown.gif

Redwoood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomgirl
See me!
But that would mean you'd be real!
Just kidding.
thought so
Go and do typical touristy things, because god knows whatever I suggest will get ignored anyway.
frown.gif
I have no idea what even the typical touristy things in Toronto would be... if you don't like Hockey that is.

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Redwoood
But that would mean you'd be real!

thought so

I have no idea what even the typical touristy things in Toronto would be... if you don't like Hockey that is.

Going to the CN tower, visiting the Hard Rock Cafe in Dundas Square, shopping in Eaton Centre, MAYBE going to the St. Lawrence market...and if you were REALLY brave...walking down Queen Street West past Bathurst.
uhoh.gif

Also, I'm so real that I'm too real for this thread.

Young Pro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
It pisses me off that we don't have an Edward Green store, or even Edward Green within another store.

No longer true, Robert Jones in RBC Plaza downtown sells Edward Green. Not sure about pricing (likely egregious) but at least it's an option.

Working Stiff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guu Izakaya is a fun place for dinner, though you have to wait for a table. Same thing for Black Hoof (which is pricier than Guu but also better). Woodlot seems to be the restaurant of the moment, and it's quite good if you can get a table.

Eaton Centre / Yonge and Dundas is absolute Hell, but I guess tourists go there. Queen West is sort of fun, or Yorkville if that's more your speed. St Lawrence market is OK.

wetnose

Reaction score
If it's a nice day and you really feel like walking, start at Yorkville in the morning. Then head down university avenue and check out the Royal Ontario Museum.

Then wander around U of Toronto - some really old cool buildings there - some of them stand in for Harvard in some movies.

Keep on heading south to Kensington Market then wander around a bit - it's next to Chinatown. Either have roast duck (yes it's awesome) or pho for dinner. Keep on heading south to Queen West for drinks.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Young Pro
No longer true, Robert Jones in RBC Plaza downtown sells Edward Green. Not sure about pricing (likely egregious) but at least it's an option.

Sweet thanks!

By egregious do you just say that because EG is expensive or because it'll be 20-30% above NYC prices like l'uomo in montreal?
frown.gif

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
See me!

Just kidding. Go and do typical touristy things, because god knows whatever I suggest will get ignored anyway.
frown.gif

No. I endorse this suggestion. If you see TG, she will show you a good time.
laugh.gif

Mulder949

Reaction score
smile.gif
Going to the CN tower, visiting the Hard Rock Cafe in Dundas Square, shopping in Eaton Centre, MAYBE going to the St. Lawrence market...and if you were REALLY brave...walking down Queen Street West past Bathurst.
uhoh.gif

Also, I'm so real that I'm too real for this thread.

Hey! I live on Queen west of Bathurst...it not that bad!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads