• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cioni2k
Do yourself a favor and pass on that one. Its atrocious. Is Versace Jeans Couture even a real brand? Something like A/X? Yikes

It is a real brand, and that shirt is authentic. It is higher than A/X, more like Emporio Armani.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CrystalCrunch
This guy has a $400 versace shirt that will probley just be thrown away if not bidded on, the only problem is a slight minor fade at the very tip of the collar... Is there anyway to fix that or is it pretty much screwed? I have heard of dying stuff in a washer, but it has other colors and im gussen it would be ruined.. any thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Versace-Mens-Wes...item20b82a744f

Do you like in Texas or love Dolly Parton?

This shirt is shockingly ugly..

Forget about it...

UncleCozy

Reaction score
I just grabbed these suede CJ's from the bay, and I was wondering if any of you can point me to a good suede shampoo? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...:X:RTQ:GB:1123 Also - would the stains go out with the shampoo? Seller says he is selling them due to wrong sizing.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I seem to always have issues buying belts. If I have a 31/32 size waist what would be the suggestions for a belt? I feel as if I can fit into a 32 but then I only have 1 notch left. If I wear a 34 it tends to be one of the last notches available.... is is recommended to wear a larger belt than waist size?

Void

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with Rolando Sturlini dress shoes ? http://www.asos.com/Rolando-Sturlini...t=-1&clr=Brown Im wondering how the quality is compared to other brands in the price class of around 165£. Also if anyone can point me the direction of information on how to spot quality in shoes, all I know now is that leather soles are normally a good sign, it would be greatly appreciated.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by precise65
Quick question, what would be some of the best colours of jumpers to match a pair of smart dark blue jeans?

Grey, navy, burgundy, white.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mrjames

Reaction score
x6crvn.jpg

what do we all think of these?

Also while we're on the subject, is there any way to get a pair of shoes to fit smaller, i have a pair where the edges are buckling, clearly a sign they're too big right- would insoles help?
is there any way to reverse the damage

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ That looks fine, fashion forward Italian, Paul Smith'esque, good with jeans or casual wear.

There are 3 traditional methods to make big shoes fit better, depending on how they don't fit you: tongue pad, insoles, and thick socks.

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrjames
x6crvn.jpg

what do we all think of these?

Also while we're on the subject, is there any way to get a pair of shoes to fit smaller, i have a pair where the edges are buckling, clearly a sign they're too big right- would insoles help?
is there any way to reverse the damage

Google "shrink shoes", and you'll find some detailed instructions. I did it with some inexpensive shoes. Basically, I just soaked them in very hot water, then let them dry in the sun. It worked. They shrunk up a bit, and looked fine after a bit of leather conditioner and polish. I don't know that I'd try this with good shoes, however.

zerostyle

Reaction score
Quick question about cleaning a suit:

Last night I had someone spill a ton of beer on me. I just wiped it off with a wet towel, and it's not too noticeable now.

Is it worth getting it dry cleaned? Or is wiping it down enough?

It looks fine, but I'm worried that it might end up stained later or something.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zty_07
It is from Bluefly.
What do you guys think?

Are you considering that suit for any other reason than the label? It's nothing special.

tombrokaw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zerostyle
Quick question about cleaning a suit:

Last night I had someone spill a ton of beer on me. I just wiped it off with a wet towel, and it's not too noticeable now.

Is it worth getting it dry cleaned? Or is wiping it down enough?

It looks fine, but I'm worried that it might end up stained later or something.

Absolutely clean it.

Abstraktmind

Reaction score
My RLPL casual shirt doesn't have the white "made in italy" tag on the left side of the collar as it do on my RLPL dress shirts, is this normal?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads