• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alfred Sargent Handgrade - Pictures

Groover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by osborn
Have you polished these shoes after receiving them or do the pics show them as they were received?

I ask this because I feel that a shoe at this price and of handgrade profile should not be sent out with black polish/cream accumulating around the seams on the upper, or black strikes near the sole indicating that the black polish in the sole has leaked into the upper when the shoe was being polished

I polished them as they'd been handled a lot between the time of delivery and the photos.

I've handed myself in to the polishing police for punishment and re-training
satisfied.gif

Groover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Burton
Groover,

Can tell you that Chay can do pretty much anything in terms of medallions. If you want something in particular you should shoot AS an e-mail and Chay will work with you on it.

Thanks Burton,

It's something I've considered in the past and will continue to give some thought to.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the continuous updates. I have a Milton in museum calf in the works and can't wait!

emptym

Reaction score
Originally Posted by medtech_expat
I forgot to mention a few things: 1) Chay plans to have a showroom in central London in the coming few months. This will definitely make things easier for those interested to view the finished product up close. 2) he will be visiting San Francisco and Chicago during his next US trip (April, IIRC)
Just heard some bad news, which you may already know: AS will not be visiting SF on this trip. But they will still be visiting New York, DC, and Chicago. And they moved it up; it's March 3-11, instead of April. Chay said they'll probably come to SF on their next tour in a few months. I had been wanting to get his feedback on the fit of my shoes and see some of the new lasts in person in preparation to order some higher balmoral boots, but I can wait. Anyone planning to meet them in NYC, DC or Chicago? If so, pls post pics.

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if we'll see some green chukkas in the next week or so...

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alfred Sargent

Reaction score
Originally Posted by emptym
Just heard some bad news, which you may already know: AS will not be visiting SF on this trip. But they will still be visiting New York, DC, and Chicago. And they moved it up; it's March 3-11, instead of April. Chay said they'll probably come to SF on their next tour in a few months. I had been wanting to get his feedback on the fit of my shoes and see some of the new lasts in person in preparation to order some higher balmoral boots, but I can wait.

Anyone planning to meet them in NYC, DC or Chicago? If so, pls post pics.

Just to update: Andrew Sargent is now in America his schedule is shown here http://tinyurl.com/63njazl
Andrew has some Exclusive and Handgrade samples with him, please drop by and have a look and a chat with him if you have the time, I'm sure he would appreciate it.

I shall be holding a trunk show with Steven at Leffot, NY on the 21st of April, we shall have some new models on display and also the new AS Handgrade sole finish featuring the narrower waist and new shaped heel for the first time - as shown recently on my blog.

I hope to visit San Francisco and Los Angeles later this year and look forward to meeting some of you then hopefully.

Best,

Chay.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alfred Sargent
Just to update: Andrew Sargent is now in America his schedule is shown here http://tinyurl.com/63njazl
Andrew has some Exclusive and Handgrade samples with him, please drop by and have a look and a chat with him if you have the time, I'm sure he would appreciate it.

I shall be holding a trunk show with Steven at Leffot, NY on the 21st of April, we shall have some new models on display and also the new AS Handgrade sole finish featuring the narrower waist and new shaped heel for the first time - as shown recently on my blog.

I hope to visit San Francisco and Los Angeles later this year and look forward to meeting some of you then hopefully.

Best,

Chay.

Not sure if it has been discussed here already, but how would I go about schedule an appointment in London, not familiar with AS last in general, and never wore any AS shoes so far...

theyare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
That's AS48.

Thanks man.

Anyone know how the 48 might compare in shape to the 104?
Trying to stick to the exclusive line for now, so I don't think that 48 last would be available.

Wilson3.jpg

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sort of relieved you won't be in San Francisco this month! I do look forward to a visit. I just have to have my money right 'cause I don't think I'll be able to resist those adelaides.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do love them all, but, have those employees been paid yet?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads