• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wear a 42 in both Raf and CP, both fit big and narrow for the most part as well so take that into consideration. If you fit in a CP41, I think you'd be good with Raf41 as well.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
My 19cms are painted on at 11.25

Those are going to work better for you when the waist stretches out and they sag a bit. When they sit lower, the thigh will feel less tight.

Originally Posted by notwithit
(I'm partially biased because my half-Swedish, buncha-German heritage would make me look a little too...y'know...)
lol

Originally Posted by Brothersport
Kelvstros

these. I would get a pair but I have a stupid quantity of sneakers now.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
That's almost exactly the amount of facial hair I'm capable of growing at this point.
confused.gif

do this look.
teacha.gif

Originally Posted by sipang
Should I kop your Helmut down ? Does it have inside straps ?
mmmmm....straps

Thx snake/rfx.

RFX, any word on sizing? Think that 41 would work?

you copped, didnt you
ffffuuuu.gif
laugh.gif

should i get a white belt:
http://www.oki-ni.com/mens-belts/mai...nvt/mm0730bei/
or
http://www.ln-cc.com/ann-demeulemees.../ann010036wht/

too douchey/boy band?

would wear with wht pants in fits like my last one.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Julian Red California is a reasonable 80% stand in for that Cloak jeans fit, I have found. Never really got around to buying many because I don't like the wide selvedge, but yeah. There's a certain magic about the European jeans patterns that those Japanese jeans just don't seem to capture.

Yes.

Makeshift, be careful with your hair, your hairtype is different from that dudes. That guy has almost kinky curly hair, looks to be light-ish so probably thin and soft, I have a friend who is Scandinavian and he has hair like that though he doesn't style it at all.
ffffuuuu.gif

The basic skeleton of that dudes hair cut is not a bad starting place though it's not simple, (there are a number of different gradients going on) make sure you have a trustworthy barber/hairdresser. Good impulse on not doing the dangly forehead part, since your hair isn't curly it would just look bad.

TBH I cut my hair myself, it's not that hard though I do a simplified version of "the jugend/aeglus" that I've mostly worked out through continually growing and kinda compulsively cutting every week or three. I pretty much shave the entire thing to a 2 or 3 except the middle of the top starting at about the top of my ears. I have over time, narrowed that top section considerably; simultaneously the front has grown longer and curls nicely so it doesn't really look like a mohawk. Now I'm in the process of growing the entire thing, letting the back long and just shaving the sides around my ears. Keep in mind I am Jewish and Cuban so my hair is thick and curly but not nappy, it is also very healthy because I use good product but shampoo minimally and cut it often.

Other peoples' suggestions of topknotting +shave or at least keeping some length aren't bad impulses. The good thing is you have a lot of hair so there's a lot you can do, just keep in mind your hair is pretty straight. Hard to tell the texture from your pics but looks somewhat on the thicker side compared to most blonde hair. That's also important to think about, especially as you go shorter, volume and layers are more visually subtle on thicker hair and more apparent on thinner hair. Make sure you're taking care of your hair and using some product. If you don't mind spending the money Aveda for Men is always a safe bet. I also use their styling cream. Malin + Goetz is fine as well but isn't really about hair care as much. If you end up keeping your hair long, Aveda women's products are good too.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think he should shave the sides, leave the back long, and pin the whole things straight back.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kelvstros (if a 41 would fit a 41 CP Achilles...)
PS63Ll.jpg
or CPs (would have to wait for em to make it to sale)
COMM-MZ148_V1.jpg

??

I'm gonna be the contrarian here and point out that even if the Rafs were better (I personally think the CP's are infinitely better looking anyway) you're still going to look like a ******* chump in them unless you have mad steez and a whole monochrome fit based around them. And also, no hate towards them, but remember you're taking advice from one guy that has 152,345,687 pairs of sneakers and another that has thousands of dollars worth of ninja clothes.

matstyleku

Reaction score
More of a.. which should I sell/return but: I bought these two bags as I am about to go on a trip to Italy/Greece, followed by Guatemala after 1 day back. I was looking for a bag to use while out and about to carry small books, kindle, dslr (no extra lenses), medical supplies, etc. On the left we have the Filson 256. Love the guarantee, but the profile is a bit off for me as a traveling bag and is a bit awkward when using the shoulder strap. On the right, a bag I happen to see at Macy's. Half the price of the Filson. The profile is much more what I was looking for and the shoulder strap is a lot more comfortable. If this was a Filson or some brand with a guarantee, I would be all over it, but spending 100 bucks on something that may not last doesn't appeal to me. It does have bridle leather and wax cotton canvas (though no where near as thick as the Filson).
IMG_1476.jpg
IMG_1477.jpg
As a side note, I was thinking about using the second bag for Italy and order the medium field bag from Filson to be ready when I get back. Thoughts?

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
wat ?

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by melonadejello
I'm gonna be the contrarian here and point out that even if the Rafs were better (I personally think the CP's are infinitely better looking anyway) you're still going to look like a ******* chump in them unless you have mad steez and a whole monochrome fit based around them.

And also, no hate towards them, but remember you're taking advice from one guy that has 152,345,687 pairs of sneakers and another that has thousands of dollars worth of ninja clothes.

this is a gooood point, thanks. perhaps i will save up for the others as well for that versatility. need more hitops anyways.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
RIMG0191-1.jpg

Derek92

Reaction score
Lets see if I get replies this time.
Question, I was at my local street fair today and I saw this wicked sweet all leather messenger bag. Lined in seal cloth (sp?), all oil tanned leather in a color thats a bit darker than the natural Aldens. Its modeled after a NYC newspaper boy's bag and I think its sweet. Its $175 though, is it worth taking a chance on someone that I don't know the quality of their work (seemed really well put together but I'm no expert) or should I wait on a billykirk or the likes? I really really like the design of this but I'm just concerned because I don't know the quality of materials or craftsmanship. Are their questions I can ask that will clue me in? Also if anyone happens to be interested they had 4 total when I was there yesterday.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads