• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cid

Reaction score
Looking to buy some cigar shell PTBs (Barrie) in size 11, but can't seem to locate them through the usual suspects... hate that I missed out on the IRR sale from shoemart. Had the chance and waited a day too long to pull the trigger.

HorseHide

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thebunk
Uncontrol acts a bit like an androgynous wannabe version of Jet at times.

I guess I need a bit of clarification. Are you saying Uncontrol is:

*Androgynous and he/she's a Jet wannabe; or
*He's a Jet wannabe and Jet is androgynous (does that mean the Persian Bro stuff is all a beard ?)

Confusing! Makes me long for the simpler days when I used to get annoyed at some guy asking how the Trubalance last will accomodate his bone spurs.

Renton

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
I pre-ordered the wingtip in snuff suede, can't wait (as well as the chromexcel Jumper). I've never done this before, how the hell do you guys cope with the waiting game???
smile.gif

I put in the same order. Next thing you'll say is you ordered them in 10.5 EE.
patch[1].gif

PHILIPBENNY

Reaction score
Thank you for all you guys reply & remind
bigstar[1].gif

Right,I just tied them that way for the pics only.

Round 2

2339.jpg
[/IMG]

2340.jpg
[/IMG]

2341.jpg
[/IMG]

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Astronaut888
what do you guys think of this boot?
don't know much about it.
available to me in my size from shoemart for a pretty nice price.
alden2.jpg
alden.jpg

these are the only photos I could find - looks to be a used pair from a Japanese website
Modified last

I like the way they look, they remind me of the #8 boots that they sell at J. Crew. I don't see them on the Shoe Mart website, though, are they on the irregulars list for your size?

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
I pre-ordered the wingtip in snuff suede, can't wait (as well as the chromexcel Jumper). I've never done this before, how the hell do you guys cope with the waiting game???
smile.gif

Rob, I have both of those on order also. Some of of just have to wait because of our odd size that is not stocked. I am still waiting for my blue suede PTB and longwings from a september order.

Astronaut888

Reaction score
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
I like the way they look, they remind me of the #8 boots that they sell at J. Crew. I don't see them on the Shoe Mart website, though, are they on the irregulars list for your size?

Yes
They send me the list every month and they are always on there.
It makes me crazy b/c I really like the look of the photo they send, but feel they may look too dressy for my tastes when I get them in my hand.
They remind me a bit of the Cordovan Jumper boots I have seen.
If I don't kop, it'll make me mental when they fail to show up one month in the monthly offering from shoebuy.
Looking for more info on the modified last
They are one half size larger than my Indy's. So, essentially TTS on the modified last....perhaps even .5 smaller than TTS. My indys are almost one size down and a stretch from the local cobbler.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first two pair of Aldens #8 Cordovan Long Wing (purchased from Leffot) Ravello PTB (purchased from Alden NYC) J Crew Argyles not quite otc I am thinking hard about an Alden LHS in whisky and maybe a black chukka. After that, it's on to high boots.

ChrisGold

Reaction score
Alcibiades,

You couldn't have picked two better shoes with which to start.

rick

Reaction score
Yes
It makes me crazy b/c I really like the look of the photo they send, but feel they may look too dressy for my tastes when I get them in my hand.
If I don't kop, it'll make me mental when they fail to show up one month in the monthly offering from shoebuy.
They are one half size larger than my Indy's. So, essentially TTS on the modified last....perhaps even .5 smaller than TTS. My indys are almost one size down and a stretch from the local cobbler.

they sound like seconds, which for the price could be a great deal. i deal with joe the owner of shoemart they have a great return policy, if they don't work send them back.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes

From what I have heard, the Modified last runs pretty big. It's the second loosest fitting last that Alden makes, so if these are a half-size larger than your Indys, there's a good chance that they will be too big for you.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChrisGold
Alcibiades, You couldn't have picked two better shoes with which to start.
+1. Both Cordovan, one is a LW, the other is a rare color. Two different styles. Well done

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
New arrival - Chamois with double water-loc sole.
inlove.gif
I have been eying these for some time now. Nice pickup

CTYGGG

Reaction score
New arrival - Chamois with double water-loc sole.
Very nice Chris! What color are those? I'm guessing earth, but could be the tobacco. I just pulled the trigger on the Winn Perry little tanks in tobacco and I am awaiting delivery this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads