• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
No, it doesn't mean doctors are stupid just that it's a technical pursuit and not something matching what you're expected to do in graduate circles; challenge commonly held notions and come up with knowledge of your own.
That's a nice idea of what happens in graduate circles and sometimes it even comes true.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist
^ I want to be asobu

fistbump.gif

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hendrix what is the concordance rate for these prescribed therapies that your new novell research is going to produce?

What is the concordance rate in any prescribed therapy?

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dwyhajlo
Razele, what field do you work in currently?
I'm a mental health nurse, was going to do med and psychiatry but I'm a libertarian now not a communist so I object to alot of healthcare Law and Econ, boooom It's pretty good, I earn 75k a year, six weeks holiday, paid overtime etc I had no support as my parents are junkies, I'm self supported and I raised my little sister too, so I never had the normal ride through high school --> undergrad --> postgrad Your regarded as a clinician as well, I do assessments on people in emergency the same that a doctor does and treatment decisions are made in a group, if you know your ish (and I do lol) you get alot of say.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
Hendrix what is the concordance rate for these prescribed therapies that your new novell research is going to produce?

well, none, since the money doesn't come from them. i'm not sure what you're getting at.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Patient concordance with treatment is around fifty percent, give or take for some pop groups, so even if your therapy is a miracle cure, they probably won't take it

Uh oh...

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Patient concordance with treatment is around fifty percent, give or take for some pop groups, so even if your therapy is a miracle cure, they probably won't take it
i'm not really sure what your point is. anyway it's all good, probably doesn't belong in RFT and i like you so let's hug it out

dwyhajlo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
i'm not really sure what your point is. anyway it's all good, probably doesn't belong in RFT and i like you so let's hug it out
I believe he's trying to impress on you just how important the type of research he discussed is, even if it isn't "truly groundbreaking."
Your regarded as a clinician as well, I do assessments on people in emergency the same that a doctor does and treatment decisions are made in a group, if you know your ish (and I do lol) you get alot of say.
Cool, we're trying to work toward a more, er "clinically involved" practice in pharmacy as well (at least in Manitoba, and most of Canada as well). Interesting times.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hendrix, your going out and saying all this research doesn't mean much, clinicians are just tradies and don't add anything to the body of knowledge, I'm saying if you worked in a hospital and understood how this research is actually important you might rethink broad, sweeping generic statements like equating surgery to chop shop computer repair

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hendrix, your going out and saying all this research doesn't mean much, clinicians are just tradies and don't add anything to the body of knowledge

i'm not saying this though. it wasn't meant to be a black and white statement. I'm not devaluing the research they do.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
A doctor is a bit like a computer technician in that someone comes in with the problem. The doctor has to diagnose the problem and then fix it, using the current prescribed knowledge and techniques. the scientists are the ones who come up with the knowledge and techniques
^^ This

Is incredibly black and white

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, when you're being a doctor your job is to diagnose and treat. that doesn't mean a doctor can't do research, just that when you're diagnosing and treating a patient you're not doing research. you're being a technician. a highly skilled technician, obviously.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About half the doctors at my work do research part-time, about 20% of non-medical staff do too.

Anyway this isn't Real Medicine Thoughts, just don't like black and white thinking as few things in life are readily explained so simply. Meh.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
took my aeglus picture for the "dress like another member" contest, then decided i liked the outfit so much that i'm going to wear it today.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
I don't know what the new album sounds like, but if you listen to their first (self-titled) EP it's just a bunch of really really well-crafted songs in that pop-rock vein, way less sepia. Probably my favorite album of theirs.

Thanks, downloading now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads