• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Everyday Carry (Picture Edition)

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
typically this is what i carry...wallet, keys, glock 26, and my GMT.
bf3714a9.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Need to cop me a kimber 45.

That or a sig.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Need to cop me a kimber 45.

That or a sig.

skip the kimber jet. please. Get a colt if you want a 1911. ive owned a couple....
ffffuuuu.gif

i do like sigs. but I still prefer a glock trigger.

Boognish

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drop
Wait...I get it now. By busting out a desert eagle, a Rambo-ass knife and a five-pound bag of jerky I can finally put an end to all those "man purse" comments...sweet.

(In all seriousness, my grandfather was also a responsible, concealed-weapon-permit-holding, NRA-loving gun enthusiast...that is, until my uncle broke into his gun cabinet, removed the trigger lock from a 9mm and killed himself. In one day, my grandfather's lifelong stance on gun rights changed, as he realized that the theories he so passionately preached don't always work out in practice.)

Cool story brah.

And Jet...mimbers are most definately not baller. I've made that mistake too.

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Boognish
Cool story brah.

This dude just wrote the story of how his uncle committed suicide. Jesus you're callous.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by YoungAmerican
This dude just wrote the story of how his uncle committed suicide. Jesus you're callous.

It sucks, but it's really irrelevant to the discussion. If not a gun it would have been pills. It's the way suicide works. This is coming from a dude who shares (AFAIK) very similar views to Globe on carry weapons.

Gingahbman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by YoungAmerican

Originally Posted by HgaleK
It sucks, but it's really irrelevant to the discussion. If not a gun it would have been pills. It's the way suicide works. This is coming from a dude who shares (AFAIK) very similar views to Globe on carry weapons.

Not everyone has to agree with the moral of his story, but they at least can be civil about it. There's a way of getting your point across, and then there's being callous.

On a side note, I'm surprised at how many of you walk around with knives. I have no problem with it, but have any of you actual had to use it before? I am making the assumption that the main purpose of these knives are self defense.

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blynch
EDC015.jpg

I don't actually carry the knife/light/pen. Swiss army has small knife/light/pen and gets by for emergency needs.

Just noticed this knife. I carried it for years. Browning Ti Liner Lock, except your Browning badge fell out
smile.gif

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
man a lot of people who post on this site have ugly ass costanza wallets

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gingahbman
On a side note, I'm surprised at how many of you walk around with knives. I have no problem with it, but have any of you actual had to use it before? I am making the assumption that the main purpose of these knives are self defense.
I carry a knife because I always seem to need one for one thing or another. I have two that I regularly rotate and both would be effective in a self defense situation but it's not the main reason I carry one.
Originally Posted by Rosenberg
don't understand the kimber hate
Neither do I. I won two State Championships with a Custom Eclipse with a comp on it. It was one of the most accurate handguns I ever owned and shot smooth as silk.

Boognish

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gingahbman
Not everyone has to agree with the moral of his story, but they at least can be civil about it. There's a way of getting your point across, and then there's being callous.

Utility over self defense. It's one of the oldest simple tools in existence. I use it nearly every day, and don't understand how anybody gets by without one. I used my Cyclone last week to cut a stranded lady's battery cable back, and replace her terminal clamp in the grocery store parking lot. I used a piece of concrete to hammer the knife through the cable, and the back of the blade as a screwdriver.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Boognish
Utility over self defense. It's one of the oldest simple tools in existence. I use it nearly every day, and don't understand how anybody gets by without one. I used my Cyclone last week to cut a stranded lady's battery cable back, and replace her terminal clamp in the grocery store parking lot. I used a piece of concrete to hammer the knife through the cable, and the back of the blade as a screwdriver.

here I agree with you - knives separate us from the apes

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics