• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those shirts were made last year on the date 1st April 2010. They are precisely one year old - and yes of course they are authentic.

goldencs

Reaction score
So that coat is genuine?
What did you mean? That coat is old? You meant the style is old?

Thanks.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was NWT I see, price was borderline OK then. Does not stop the jacket being more than 3 years old though. I have not seen that particular style long jacket in Armani outlets for a good number of years. If you bought it, wear it and like it. No need for questions, you either like or not like.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222
Those are real. Who would fake Etro?

Oh a trip to Turkey a while ago revealed market sellers whom were unapologetic about selling rip off Ben Sherman shirts. I remember the one seller saying - buy "like" Ben Sherman for half the price of real
laugh.gif
. Im sure if Ben Sherman is ripped off, Etro also. Just that Etro fakes would be rarer than Rolex or D&G fakes. Probability alone says most Etro online are real apart from obvious Turkish/East European/Chinese/Thai fake sites.

goldencs

Reaction score
I wear 38r normally. This coat is tagged as 38r, but the seller says it is 38s. It seems like the size is designer-dependent. Is that right, then?

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by goldencs
I wear 38r normally. This coat is tagged as 38r, but the seller says it is 38s. It seems like the size is designer-dependent. Is that right, then?

You see where he wrote PLEASE SEE MEASUREMENTS, that means he took measurements. And its shorter than a normal 38R.

CooLy_oNE

Reaction score
Help me guys, Just bought LV N62663 damier graphite multiple from this forum.. How do I check if it is authentic? I try to locate the serial number, but could not find it..
IMG_0744.jpg
IMG_0747.jpg
IMG_0748.jpg
IMG_0749.jpg
IMG_0750.jpg
IMG_0745.jpg

CooLy_oNE

Reaction score
I took the picture...also the serial is CT4009...

Is it usual that there are 2 thread showing on the edge (Picture 5)?

alphaO888

Reaction score
It's real - I've never seen then put serial numbers on men's wallets

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics