• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Year's Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mktitsworth
14xfr6v.jpg

Jesus, that's a comeback! if the lapels were narrower and the shirt sleeve\\jacket sleeve ratio was sorted out, that would be like a 20x improvement on your first pics.

Good work, the 2button suits you so much better.

their's also something not entirely right about the shirt collar, can't put my finger on it.

Eustace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Everything is fantastic here except the tie, which seems a bit too shiney for the tweed. And you need to button that collar.
Thanks. Agree on both counts. Received the tie this morning in the mail and decided to go with it. It needed a press and didn't quite work with the outfit. So it goes. The collar was buttoned immediately after the photo but I didn't take another pic.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Friday Girls:

P1030626-1.jpg

Allen Edmonds, for Vox:

P1030628.jpg

Unregistered

Reaction score
My first foray into the world of WAYWRN... And my first entry into the Friday Challenge!

Be nice!
bigstar[1].gif

1) Blue shirt
2) Purple sweater
3) Pink tie
4) Brown SC
5) Grey/Blue (GREY for this challenge
laugh.gif
)
6) Oxblood wingtips

Did it without the shoes!

The Spoo:
DSC07047.jpg

Pardon the blur...
DSC07049.jpg

DSC07051.jpg

DSC07042-1.jpg

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie
Originally Posted by Yorsch
5580051390_cc732ecbbb_b.jpg
Leather looks super corrected grain

They do. But I actually think that works fine for that unconventional colour, and with that particular style and outfit. I like the overall outfit quite a bit. I saw some D&G shoes in a similar style, but in an olive-golden colour and they also worked fine in corrected grain. They're not shoes you'll keep long or wear often, so CG is fine for those purposes.
Originally Posted by LilacCords
Afternoon/Evening Gents - Holdfast is my current favourite, Love that whistle...
Thanks; it's a pretty strong pattern esp. for RTW. Really nice construction too; fully canvassed, soft tailoring (almost no shoulder padding) and a lovely soft fabric. I like the concept of your outfit... but think notch lapels on that jacket would have worked better with the 3 patch configuration. Lovely shade of green though.
Originally Posted by PTWilliams
Always bringing the white-hot intensity that only the truly nuts possess.
tongue.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey
Holdfast, I really like that suit. I keep coming back to look at it. I have to say I don't love the tie - maybe I am spending too much time over on Manton's conservative business dress thread.
Yeah, as I said in the post, it wouldn't have been my first choice normally. Though I now realise I could have used dark green tie of some sort and still have worked the challenge theme fine, as well as it still being a bold enough colour choice to co-ordinate with the boldness of the suit.
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
That's a sweet suit. I don't know if I'd have the guts to wear it, but it looks great on you.
I suspect I will wear it as separates as equally often as I do a full suit. It's quite strong when done as a full suit. Thanks to everyone else who posted nice stuff about the suit, too.
Originally Posted by TTO
[/SPOILER]
Consistently good.
Originally Posted by gnatty8
P1030626-1.jpg
Sweet fit on that jacket, dude.

Kitontini

Reaction score
My first WAYWRN Challenge!!! I hope I did this right....
laugh.gif
Be kind...
blush.gif

Green Blazer
Purple Shirt
Navy Blue Tie
Beige Pants
Burgundy PS

P1020048.jpg

P1020049.jpg

P1020050.jpg

stereoscopic

Reaction score
1st post in the thunderdome.. Was aiming for the 5 Colour Friday challenge, but unless you count my soles as a desaturated red I'm one short.. Pants and tie are purple, but its doesn't read that well in the photos.. Jacket tightness becomes a bit confronting when you see it in a photos also, hmm...
FridayA2.jpg
FridayA3.jpg

Yorsch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrDaniels
Could be a major contender, but hard to assess without the outfit on.

Originally Posted by in stitches
looks nice. the idea is to take pics of the clothes on you. dont be afraid all the mean things people will say can hurt you

Originally Posted by Yorsch
My first post on WAYWRN.
Here's my "young & fresh" twist on CinqueColori for FRIDAY challenge.

The biggest problem I ran into, was taking pictures...
I couldn't took a picture of myself with right angle, to show the colours and fit properly.
Forgive me, but after countless tries, I gave up and decided to just display the items

1. Navy suit
2. Lavender shirt, with contrast white collar
3. Brown Tie
4. Orange/Yellow/Green (count 1) Pocket square
5. Burgundy oxfords

Bonus points: no black, no white, no grey!
boxing[1].gif

5580051390_cc732ecbbb_b.jpg
5580051414_390cf87b1c_z.jpg

5580051418_0c69a96424.jpg
5580051422_9a0a0fde2f.jpg
5580051428_e46d1bf9af_z.jpg

Thank you for all the comments.
Yeah, I Couldn't manage to take proper pictures myself.
Had to ask for help.
Here is the rest.

Full body shot, and closer.
5581366922_15905b55e6_b.jpg
5581366924_75f7994959_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads