• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roguls
Seriously? Do you not see those boots I posted?

They are even better in person.

That cap toe boot with the double row of stitching is so nice.

Cali

Reaction score
You can add England to the list as well. Browns has Modified last shells Boot Shoe Cap toe certainly seems to help the look

Profligate47

Reaction score
Add me too. Very comfortable in fit, but did not like the limited shell offering. Would love more choices in shell. Thanks!

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
^The prices they sell for overseas are insane, and from what I've heard they are very popular (at least in Japan). I think they don't want to undercut their sellers in those markets.
All they need to do is make them only in sizes US 9.5 and up - BLAMMO you've excluded 90% of the Japanese market.

It really is that simple.

rbny

Reaction score
I have several pairs of Aldens-mostly in Plaza lasted shoes and chukkas and I also have Barrie lasted chukka and shell cordovan PTB; Trubulance lasted Indy Boot and shell cordovan Hampton lasted cap toed blucher. I find that the Plaza lasted shoes, especially the bluchers, fit me the best. However, none of the chukkas or boots really fit me well since I need a little more toe room since I have a D+ width forefoot but I have narrower heels/ankles and instep. My feet also mildy pronates. Never tried a Modified last but count me in anyway!

GaryRanson

Reaction score
As a 9-1/2 EEE needing a 9-1/2 EEEE due to arch support inserts, I believe I would be a candidate.

Originally Posted by Roguls
Up for more exposure - there must be more modified wearers out there...

Antler4641

Reaction score
Thank you! I haven't posted on styleforum in a while, but I found this thread because I regularly search online to try to find pairs of Modified Last shoes. Please add me to the list. Alden should support their American customers.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Glad some people posted, didn't know Brown carry Alden, I thought I could only get Alden from BB here
teacha.gif

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Count me in. I was lucky enough to get a pair of shell boots on the Modified Last...sublime is not the word. At the Alden store in NYC, they told me they could do a special make-up for a Ravello LWB on the Modified...I wound up not having the dough at the time, but maybe we can get this off the ground.

post photos

mth

Reaction score
Please count me in. I'm definitely up for a better option than buying my modified lasts here in Tokyo.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those of you the own shoes on the modified last have probably noticed that shoe trees are not a good fit. I've taken to stuffing newspaper in mine after each wear, but am curious if anyone has come up with a more elegant solution.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads