• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

12 Reasons Some Women Hate Nice Guys....

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by christinedaae
ARticles about why women don't like certain guys, which are written by women are more useless than condoms in a monastery god that article is a load of crap. women dont like nice guys becuase becuase nice guys in the sense that they are trying to portray, are not a challenge, she feels that if she can get him head over heels with her, she can get someone better at least to LOOK at her, and contrary to the media and popular belief, women actually do want to be lead by a man. The rest of the crap she posted is gibberish coming from a woman to try to rationalize her actions. However I blame men more than I do women. Most men don't screen women anywhere near enough, all women are seen as perfect objects of objectivity just because they have clitoris. When is the last time you seen a "stupid chick versus a smart chick" article lol? or a "the advantage of dating whales versus normal skinny women" article. You won't, becuase in society's eyes, no matter what your history, how you were raised, or whatever the case if you are a woman, you are 100% objective and your opinion is all that matters. Most of these women throw red flags after red flags, and men blinded by the pursuit of you know what ignore every last one of them. Some women are so fucked up, it doesn't matter what game you put on them they are going to be fucked up and even if you do hit it, it's going to cost you too much negative ROI to even keep going. Screening women and walking away, seriously walking away and not looking back, will eliminate 80-90% of the problems you have with the opposite sex outside of actually talking to women. But most men dont' do this because they believe that women are going out of business so to speak and the one they have is the last good one left. Which is why I'm' such a big proponent of getting out and talking to women in everyday life, not goin to clubs per say but you see a cuitie in starbucks, say something. you see a cute girl doing your clothes at the laundry mat, say something. You see a cute waitress, say something. You are more quickly to dismiss if you know there are other options out there.
Probably the soundest advice I have seen on dating in about 10 years and this coming from someone who could be considered at first glance, a nice guy. Unfortunately that is equated with doormat which I am not, I am a gentleman, a rare breed these days.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The problem is, most people who are "nice guys" are actually huge pussies. I'm pretty nice, but I stand up for myself and assert myself in social situations. I've gotten about as much ass as someone with my looks and money should get (i.e. a moderate amount)

word

Reaction score
Like most advice articles for women all this does is justify(wrongly) why things have gone wrong with their own relationships so they don't feel guilty about it. Pins the blame on the dude (nice guy is a pretty easy scape goat it seems) so they feel better about themselves and their failed relationships. What's funny is it blames nice dudes and bad boys. To me that's saying it's all our fault. Uh, go choke on a bag of dicks *****.
Originally Posted by christinedaae
it's going to cost you too much negative ROI to even keep going.
wtf is ROI?

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by word
Like most advice articles for women all this does is justify(wrongly) why things have gone wrong with their own relationships so they don't feel guilty about it. Pins the blame on the dude (nice guy is a pretty easy scape goat it seems) so they feel better about themselves and their failed relationships. What's funny is it blames nice dudes and bad boys. To me that's saying it's all our fault. Uh, go choke on a bag of dicks *****.

wtf is ROI?

Put simple pass the buck and not take ownership for their own mistakes. Great a couple of generations of inner teenagers, joy.

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by munchausen
The problem is, most people who are "nice guys" are actually huge pussies. I'm pretty nice, but I stand up for myself and assert myself in social situations. I've gotten about as much ass as someone with my looks and money should get (i.e. a moderate amount)

It's called being a gentleman and unfortunately most North American women have no experience with one so we we get lumped with the "nice guys", ick.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Of all the dumbfuck lines in that article, this one is the worst:
Life is about balance. Most men fall into either the bad boy or the nice guy category. The ideal man is neither, but walks that fine line between the two. Until men learn how to do this, more often than not, women will choose the bad boy, until they realize that his bad qualities outweigh his good ones.
If you stop looking at high schoolers, most men are going to fall somewhere between "nice guy" and "bad boy."

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mandres
In my experience teens and early 20's chicks prefer the "bad boys". Once they're out in the real world they come around quickly when the bad boys end up operating heavy equipment for a living.

ummm, so you're saying that bad boys end up less successful? what makes you think this?

Or are you just bitter and want to believe that the guy who got the girls in high school will somehow end up unattractive?

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gibonius
Of all the dumbfuck lines in that article, this one is the worst:

If you stop looking at high schoolers, most men are going to fall somewhere between "nice guy" and "bad boy."

It's definitely a dumbfuck line. When you peel away the bullshit, it basically reads: "Women don't know what kind of guy they really want, and the burden is on guys to figure it out for them."

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
It's definitely a dumbfuck line. When you peel away the bullshit, it basically reads: "Women don't know what kind of guy they really want, and the burden is on guys to figure it out for them."

I'm going to assume that everybody grows up eventually, but that sounds like a whole of chicks I know...

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
real talk analysis, this is more to the corny asian dudes out there, and the natural born bad boys:

Dude with a facebook profile pic where he looks either
-not alpha as ****
-uses a baby picture

veritable nice guys?

Along the same lines:
-guy who uses a heart symbol when typing
-guy who generally types and comments like a *****

veritable nice guys, right?

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
I'm going to assume that everybody grows up eventually, but that sounds like a whole of chicks I know...

Can you blame them, though? That's the horseshit they're being fed by their chick flicks, their web sites, their magazines, and their Grey's Anatomy-style TV.

The "chickstream media" (CM), as I'll now call it for ease of retyping, saturates its viewers with the message that every relationship or dating problem imaginable is the guy's fault. Can't make up your ******* mind? Guy's fault. Claim to want the nice guy, but secretly want the bad boy? Guy's fault. Spending too much money on shoes? Guy's fault. Etc.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
Can you blame them, though? That's the horseshit they're being fed by their chick flicks, their web sites, their magazines, and their Grey's Anatomy-style TV.

The "chickstream media" (CM), as I'll now call it for ease of retyping, saturates its viewers with the message that every relationship or dating problem imaginable is the guy's fault. Can't make up your ******* mind? Guy's fault. Claim to want the nice guy, but secretly want the bad boy? Guy's fault. Spending too much money on shoes? Guy's fault. Etc.

I agree. I call them the Sex and the City generation. They're filled with idiotic ideas about men and relationships. Anyway, let them stay single into their 30s looking for their Mr. Big that for 99.99% of them will never arrive. The irony is the ones that aren't so ******* crazy are the ones most likely to land a guy worth keeping.

runner-guy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
I agree. I call them the Sex and the City generation. They're filled with idiotic ideas about men and relationships. Anyway, let them stay single into their 30s looking for their Mr. Big that for 99.99% of them will never arrive. The irony is the ones that aren't so ******* crazy are the ones most likely to land a guy worth keeping.

Totally agree with this. Women go after bad boys for the adventure of it. However, once they hit 30 they start going after the nicer guys because they realize they can't marry the bad boy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads